Folders or just icons... What do you use and why?

folgrz

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I use folders only... It would drive me insane with a lot of icons all over the place! This is how i have my screens setup

hMgXz.png

fm4hm.png

BIfyS.png

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I cannot have an iProduct without it looking like an iProduct. I rather have my phone look like how it looks like on an advertisement. Otherwise it just might feel weird, I have two pages of applications, on the first it's just Icons, like you see when you first get your iPhone/iPod. My second page is in alphabetical order, minus the first icon which is Contacts. Just one folder of apps that I don't really use that much. It just feels right. That's just me... here is set up.

So, just a question for you, do you jailbreak your iPhones?

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

Dunkin

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I use folders but I am extremely annoyed that the folders stay open after you select an icon from that folder. Maybe I'm OCD but I find myself opening an app from a folder, minimizing it, tapping the screen to close the folder and re-opening the app. There has to be a better way.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I use folders but I am extremely annoyed that the folders stay open after you select an icon from that folder. Maybe I'm OCD but I find myself opening an app from a folder, minimizing it, tapping the screen to close the folder and re-opening the app. There has to be a better way.

FolderCloser - Auto-close folders after app launch. It's a cydia app, that you need to be jailbroken for. If you're on a 4S, obviously there is no jailbreak for it yet, but for future reference that may be one of the reason's you want to jailbreak for.

Reactions: Dunkin

Dunkin

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
FolderCloser - Auto-close folders after app launch. It's a cydia app, that you need to be jailbroken for. If you're on a 4S, obviously there is no jailbreak for it yet, but for future reference that may be one of the reason's you want to jailbreak for.

Yep I have a 4S so I can't go that route, not yet at least :)

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Cant wait to jailbreak. That way I can have a five icon dock. It'll make things easier too.

What I wish there was a way to do though, is instead of have the icons go from bottom to top, instead go from bottom up.

Like I want one line of icons right above the dock. I dont really use my fingers to reach up to the top of the screen for apps..

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Cant wait to jailbreak. That way I can have a five icon dock. It'll make things easier too.

What I wish there was a way to do though, is instead of have the icons go from bottom to top, instead go from bottom up.

Like I want one line of icons right above the dock. I dont really use my fingers to reach up to the top of the screen for apps..

Once you jailbreak, you can use Gridlock, and that will let you place icon's anywhere on the screen that you want. When I had my 4, and it was jailbroken, I only had 2 rows on my homes screen. The dock, and bottom row. Then I had the HTC type clock and weather screen. Looked awesome! I miss it.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So, just a question for you, do you jailbreak your iPhones?

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

No No, I am stock all the way, I just feel weird having a jailbreak on my phone. I tried it for almost an hour on my old 4. I had to restore right away once I got home from work.

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Once you jailbreak, you can use Gridlock, and that will let you place icon's anywhere on the screen that you want. When I had my 4, and it was jailbroken, I only had 2 rows on my homes screen. The dock, and bottom row. Then I had the HTC type clock and weather screen. Looked awesome! I miss it.

I can't waitttt

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I like stock as well. :) I jailbroke my 3GS and didn't care for it.

I jailbroke a 3G, just to see how Android would be on there. Well the 3G, is a Dinosaur and it is slow as heck. I never bothered, with it, I did put Pokemon on my iPod touch though. Then I stopped playing it, I'm fine with my phone as is. Plus, I know I can download free apps, but I rather wait till they're on sale, then actually steal em.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Everything is in a folder except for my bottom bar and my mail app.
I keep it that way because having so many on one screen at a time ruins the background for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods