Folders or just icons... What do you use and why?

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thought I'd share mine. I'm a new iPhone 4s user if that makes any difference. I'm the type who has to have all icons on one page and all folders on one page. As someone else said, it makes the screen look messy and unorganized.

jrsco1.png

2s7xoa8.png

j6tstd.png

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Press and hold one icon till they all start shaking. Then you simply drag one icon on top of the other and it makes a folder. You can then name the folder as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
What I did was out of the 16 icons... the top eight are folders [stuff I dont have time to go to another screen to get to]

and the bottom eight are my most used apps. Goes together the same way since each of my dock icons are just icons & not folders.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I cannot have an iProduct without it looking like an iProduct. I rather have my phone look like how it looks like on an advertisement. Otherwise it just might feel weird, I have two pages of applications, on the first it's just Icons, like you see when you first get your iPhone/iPod. My second page is in alphabetical order, minus the first icon which is Contacts. Just one folder of apps that I don't really use that much. It just feels right. That's just me... here is set up.

datboicastro

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I do organize my stuff into folders and I love a nice clean and organized screen.

I just released the first in a series of Apps that deals with this exactly. I love all of the wallpapers out there, but they are so junky so I decided to make my own that are nice and clean and make looking at my phone a joy.

The home screens have either a phrase or design on the 4th row so that it can either be hidden or displayed depending on the users preferences.

Here it is in the App Store. It is called iWall Words - Holidays and Seasons

[
Just bought and downloaded. Bout to check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneck86

May 28, 2011
Visit site
PhotoNov2160054PM.png

First page the sorta native apps on phone
PhotoNov2160057PM.png

Second page the Most used non native apps
PhotoNov2160059PM.png

Third page apps that are used rarely or situationally

this all my change.. now yall have me thinking about the way my icons are sorted

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Im OCD about my iPhone organization...

Homescreen is only for Apple apps..
2nd Screen is for my most used Productivity, Social and Misc apps..
3rd Screen is for my folders which are categorized and in alphabetical order..

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I keep my 4 frequently used icons on page one, followed by apps in folders on page 2. Page 3 is reserved for those junk apps that Apple includes that we can't remove.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I use a combo of both folders and just "loose" icons. On my homepage I like to keep it clean as possible and my second page is where all my icon and folders are:) on my 2nd page, the top 4 icons are what I use the most, and then the next 2 rows are put into alphabetical sequence. Also, sometimes I will take my fahrenheit weather app and put it on my 2nd page depending on my wp I use so it doesn't interrupt the look of it.

1321924118.png

1321924138.png

Last edited:

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a combination of E_Brown and CalifJewls.

First page is all Apple apps. Page 2 and 3 are frequently used apps. Page 4 is all folders

I don't like how when you leave an app that's in a folder, you go back to the open folder. I know there's a jailbreak app for this but I've been there and done that. Team Pure for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
So after much switching around I think i like this set up. My first page are apps that I use the most. 2 nd page is for all my shortcuts all listed alphabetically And the 3rd is apps that I don't really use in folders that are all alphabetical.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow it's so weird looking at someone else's home screen and seeing where you think the icons should be, and they're in a complete difference place.

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow it's so weird looking at someone else's home screen and seeing where you think the icons should be, and they're in a complete difference place.

I agree. But I went back to just doing what was functional for me which was using folders and apps. Most of the stock apple apps I don't even use. Like I don't use YouTube daily...but my social folder is

DarshOne

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Im OCD about my iPhone organization...

Homescreen is only for Apple apps..
2nd Screen is for my most used Productivity, Social and Misc apps..
3rd Screen is for my folders which are categorized and in alphabetical order..

think you could share that wallpaper? me like...:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods