I noticed a lot of you have the newsstand icon out while not having any subscriptions and there is also a lot of talk about aesthetics. Just wanted to point out that there is a simple trick to hide your newsstand app in a folder without jailbreaking. I've done it so I know first hand it works. Here's how...

* Take two apps and go to create a folder
    * The second the apps are in the folder and its doing the folder creation animation, drag Newsstand into the folder
    * As long as youre quick enough Newsstand will go into the folder!

I tried to post the source link but the site wouldn't let me because I don't have enough posts yet but you can google it and easily find it. Trust me it works. Give it a try.
    Keep in mind if you use this bug to create nested folders - Newsstand is a folder already - you are corrupting your file system and there may be unintended consequences.

What I do, Is just put it on the page after the last page that I use. Then I don't have to see it, and I don't have to worry about something possibly happing to my phone just so I don't have to see an icon.
    11-23-2011 03:40 PM
    I use folders. Unfortunatelly after I put app into folder the use ratio of the app is going rapidly down.
    11-24-2011 05:45 AM
    Example...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you mind sharing where you got that wall paper from? I Love it!
    11-24-2011 07:04 AM
    I follow the same route alot of people have from what ive seen!

Homescreen is 4 apps on the top.. Most used apps.. I like being able to see my screen RAPTORSSSS!

Second screen i still want that "iphone" feel so its mostlyy the original homescreen that you get.. Just slid over.. Minus google maps and i added contacts and the utilities folder

And third is my folders.. News and sports at the top.. And the rest follow
    11-24-2011 08:34 AM
    I don't have a fancy shmancy 4s but I do have a 4. I have a combination of OCD and not using a bajillion apps(App hoarder). So I keep only one homescreen, I organize all my apps into folders by personal categories. I'm Jailbroken so I have the single apps that I use frequently on my dock using infinidock(hence the two different backgrounds from homescreen captures at two different times). I also hide newstand at the end of the infindock becasue I don't see it alot and usually when I scroll over I'm opening an app so I only see it for a microsecond.

11-24-2011 10:32 AM
    The apps I use most are on my home screen and most everything else is in folders. So many apps!
    11-24-2011 12:08 PM
    Can you point me to a support site for the Icon Project? I downloaded the app and it's not very intuitive on its own. Is there a support site or manual available? Thanks.

Len
    11-24-2011 12:32 PM
    This is how I do it...

-So firstly you create a contact for each of the shortcuts you would like

-Under the URL of the contact you pur the approporaite URL found here

About prefs:root=General&path=About
    Accessibility prefs:root=General&path=ACCESSIBILITY
    Airplane Mode On prefs:root=AIRPLANE_MODE
    Auto-Lock prefs:root=General&path=AUTOLOCK
    Brightness prefs:root=Brightness
    Bluetooth prefs:root=General&path=Bluetooth
    Date & Time prefs:root=General&path=DATE_AND_TIME
    FaceTime prefs:root=FACETIME
    General prefs:root=General
    Keyboard prefs:root=General&path=Keyboard
    iCloud prefs:root=CASTLE
    iCloud Storage & Backup prefs:root=CASTLE&path=STORAGE_AND_BACKUP
    International prefs:root=General&path=INTERNATIONAL
    Location Services prefs:root=LOCATION_SERVICES
    Music prefs:root=MUSIC
    Music Equalizer prefs:root=MUSIC&path=EQ
    Music Volume Limit prefs:root=MUSIC&path=VolumeLimit
    Network prefs:root=General&path=Network
    Nike + iPod prefs:root=NIKE_PLUS_IPOD
    Notes prefs:root=NOTES
    Notification prefs:root=NOTIFICATIONS_ID
    Phone prefs:root=Phone
    Photos prefs:root=Photos
    Profile prefs:root=General&path=ManagedConfigurationList
    Reset prefs:root=General&path=Reset
    Safari prefs:root=Safari
    Siri prefs:root=General&path=Assistant
    Sounds prefs:root=Sounds
    Software Update prefs:root=General&path=SOFTWARE_UPDATE_LINK
    Store prefs:root=STORE
    Twitter prefs:root=TWITTER
    Usage prefs:root=General&path=USAGE
    VPN prefs:root=General&path=Network/VPN
    Wallpaper prefs:root=Wallpaper
    Wi-Fi prefs:root=WIFI

-Start with "prefs"
    Ex for a short cut for wifi the URL would be "prefs:root=WIFI"

-Then under the icon project you click contacts, click the contact that you would like to have the shortcut for, then it will take you to another screen, click the URL.

-Then go ahead and customize the contact img the way you want and click create.

-THen click add to home screen.

-And voila...its done
    11-24-2011 01:05 PM
    So how do I create an icon to call one of my contacts. I want to be able to call a specific contact with one tap.
    Thanks
    Len
    11-24-2011 01:21 PM
    same steps...click contact...and click the contact you want...
    11-24-2011 01:37 PM
    Ok........I created the icon...but it doesn't make the call just by pressing the icon. When I press the icon it brings up tan other screen where I have to press either call or cancel. Is there a way to get it to actually make the call by just pressing the icon?
    Thanks
    Len
    11-24-2011 04:57 PM
    I get the same thing. That is the way it works. You have to press two icons for the call.
    11-24-2011 05:17 PM
    Use both. Folders for apps like useful for driving, traveling, tools and music. Apps I use really often are not in a folder. Games aren't in folders too, but I prolly will start to put them into one cuz I wanna stick to my 3 pages.
    11-24-2011 07:27 PM
    I use a little of both.. I put like apps together in folders and the ones that don't get along with others are just out on the screen
    Same here. I try to keep apps in folders but some just don't make their way to one.
    11-24-2011 08:13 PM
    Only icons on first page. After that it's getting out in a folder.
    11-25-2011 02:00 PM
    I'm changing my screens around. Putting most used apps on home screen as icons; everything else gets put into folders
    _heatherly likes this.
    11-25-2011 02:16 PM
    I did it once cant remember
    HOW DO U MAKE a folder
    11-25-2011 04:46 PM
    I did it once cant remember
    HOW DO U MAKE a folder
    Touch an icon and hold it till it wiggles, then drag it on top of another and it will create a folder. You can then rename the folder to whatever you want.
    11-25-2011 04:58 PM
    No folders here.....
    11-25-2011 09:25 PM
    I use both icons and folders. I have two icon screens and one folder screen. On the first screen I have icon project shortcuts and after these icons I have the rest by alpha order. I have too many apps in my folders. I need to remove some of them.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    11-25-2011 11:46 PM
    I do what a lot of others on here do to. Icons on first page, folders on second. Wallpaper is always changing though.
    11-26-2011 02:15 AM
    Icons on main screen, everything else in folders on second screen..........for now
    Last edited by gdruin; 11-26-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    11-26-2011 10:46 AM
    I do what a lot of others on here do to. Icons on first page, folders on second. Wallpaper is always changing though.
    Do you mind sharing the apple logo font you use to name one of your folder. I think that's pretty cool!!
    11-26-2011 10:41 PM
    Do you mind sharing the apple logo font you use to name one of your folder. I think that's pretty cool!!
    Yea, it's called Glyphboard. Unfortunately I can't post links yet. Just google Glyphboard and it should be the first result. It will give you instructions on how to install it. There's other symbols too! It's kind of a web app/shortcut. Let me know if it doesnt work for ya.
    MECM likes this.
    11-27-2011 02:51 AM
    Here

? Apple.
    11-27-2011 12:08 PM
108 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD