Folders or just icons... What do you use and why?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Omg! Do you mark all your emails as unread or do you have some sort of job that would warrant 1,500 emails and 60 SMS?! That looks exhausting! :p

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

The email I understand just because if you might get spam but still I would stop that ASAP lol what's crazy is the SMS lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The email I understand just because if you might get spam but still I would stop that ASAP lol what's crazy is the SMS lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I work in IT and I get more emails then that on a typical day.. not spam.. your right though the sms is funny

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I took some of the badges off it makes the screen look more busy than it is. I rarely ever check all of my emails thanks to gmail having the important tab now. But I get a shiiietload of mail. The text messages though, lmao a lot of people I don't answer haha

The agenda app is "agenda calendar" I've learned to use it more than "week calendar" or stock calendar because it looks like my calendar in my office. plus if you swipe over you get different views (six months, one month, week, day, etc)

My folders just look better than Stock apple home screen though because I keep apps I use the most and apps I may use occasionally on the first screen. I posted the wallpaper and more

Reactions: E_Brown

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I took some of the badges off it makes the screen look more busy than it is. I rarely ever check all of my emails thanks to gmail having the important tab now. But I get a shiiietload of mail. The text messages though, lmao a lot of people I don't answer haha

The agenda app is "agenda calendar" I've learned to use it more than "week calendar" or stock calendar because it looks like my calendar in my office. plus if you swipe over you get different views (six months, one month, week, day, etc)

My folders just look better than Stock apple home screen though because I keep apps I use the most and apps I may use occasionally on the first screen. I posted the wallpaper and more

cool.. thanks for the wallpaper!

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Icons only on the first page and those would be my everyday apps. All folders on the second page.

If I need an app from the second page, I just use Spotlight; first couple letters and good to go.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I started out only using folders but my OCD issue is the folders not being evenly distributed and I hated that I would fill one folder then need another with the same name. I have a problem with things being even :-/ I then tried having all icons out and free. Now I have just a top row of four folders of most used apps. then the next 5 pages are app icons. From importance and similarity of course.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Combo of both on 3 pages...first page has icons for the important stuff and folders for news, shopping stuff, automotive apps and a primary game folder, second page is almost all media related stuff and the rest of the games on the iPhone (in folders) and the last page is a few folders with utility apps in them.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I work in IT and I get more emails then that on a typical day.. not spam.. your right though the sms is funny

That would drive me nuts! I wonder how many emails a CEO or important business executive might get in a day or even an A-list celebrity. I can't imagine they'd get 1,500/day.

deadlybatman

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
How to hide your Newsstand App

I noticed a lot of you have the newsstand icon out while not having any subscriptions and there is also a lot of talk about aesthetics. Just wanted to point out that there is a simple trick to hide your newsstand app in a folder without jailbreaking. I've done it so I know first hand it works. Here's how...

* Take two apps and go to create a folder
* The second the apps are in the folder and it?s doing the folder creation animation, drag Newsstand into the folder
* As long as you?re quick enough Newsstand will go into the folder!

I tried to post the source link but the site wouldn't let me because I don't have enough posts yet but you can google it and easily find it. Trust me it works. Give it a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: MECM

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Almost entirely icons. I have one folder that has all the junk that I don't use, but can't delete. I think the folders add an unnecessary step to getting to an app I use. I'm on my homescreen about 99% of the time.

deadlybatman

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I use mainly folders while my most commonly used apps are just icons. I also use Icon Project to make contact shortcuts to easily call or sms my most frequent contacts. I def recommend that.

I scratched out the names and faces but you get the point.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a lot of you have the newsstand icon out while not having any subscriptions and there is also a lot of talk about aesthetics. Just wanted to point out that there is a simple trick to hide your newsstand app in a folder without jailbreaking. I've done it so I know first hand it works. Here's how...

* The second the apps are in the folder and it’s doing the folder creation animation, drag Newsstand into the folder
* As long as you’re quick enough Newsstand will go into the folder!

I tried to post the source link but the site wouldn't let me because I don't have enough posts yet but you can google it and easily find it. Trust me it works. Give it a try.

OMG YOU'RE A GENIUS! I hate the stupid newsstand!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

* The second the apps are in the folder and it?s doing the folder creation animation, drag Newsstand into the folder
* As long as you?re quick enough Newsstand will go into the folder!

Keep in mind if you use this bug to create nested folders - Newsstand is a folder already - you are corrupting your file system and there may be unintended consequences.

What I do, Is just put it on the page after the last page that I use. Then I don't have to see it, and I don't have to worry about something possibly happing to my phone just so I don't have to see an icon.

RR88

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I follow the same route alot of people have from what ive seen!

Homescreen is 4 apps on the top.. Most used apps.. I like being able to see my screen :) RAPTORSSSS!

Second screen i still want that "iphone" feel so its mostlyy the original homescreen that you get.. Just slid over.. Minus google maps and i added contacts and the utilities folder

And third is my folders.. News and sports at the top.. And the rest follow

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a fancy shmancy 4s :p but I do have a 4. I have a combination of OCD and not using a bajillion apps(App hoarder). So I keep only one homescreen, I organize all my apps into folders by personal categories. I'm Jailbroken so I have the single apps that I use frequently on my dock using infinidock(hence the two different backgrounds from homescreen captures at two different times). I also hide newstand at the end of the infindock becasue I don't see it alot and usually when I scroll over I'm opening an app so I only see it for a microsecond.

img1542.png

img1665.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal