I cannot have an iProduct without it looking like an iProduct. I rather have my phone look like how it looks like on an advertisement. Otherwise it just might feel weird, I have two pages of applications, on the first it's just Icons, like you see when you first get your iPhone/iPod. My second page is in alphabetical order, minus the first icon which is Contacts. Just one folder of apps that I don't really use that much. It just feels right. That's just me... here is set up.
    11-21-2011 12:31 PM
    Here are mine
    11-21-2011 01:41 PM
    I do organize my stuff into folders and I love a nice clean and organized screen.

I just released the first in a series of Apps that deals with this exactly. I love all of the wallpapers out there, but they are so junky so I decided to make my own that are nice and clean and make looking at my phone a joy.

The home screens have either a phrase or design on the 4th row so that it can either be hidden or displayed depending on the users preferences.

Here it is in the App Store. It is called iWall Words - Holidays and Seasons

[
    Just bought and downloaded. Bout to check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-21-2011 04:09 PM

First page the sorta native apps on phone

Second page the Most used non native apps

Third page apps that are used rarely or situationally

this all my change.. now yall have me thinking about the way my icons are sorted
    11-21-2011 07:34 PM
    Im OCD about my iPhone organization...

Homescreen is only for Apple apps..
    2nd Screen is for my most used Productivity, Social and Misc apps..
    3rd Screen is for my folders which are categorized and in alphabetical order..
    11-21-2011 07:44 PM
    I use a combination of both Icons and Folders for functionality and aesthetics.
    11-21-2011 08:05 PM
    I keep my 4 frequently used icons on page one, followed by apps in folders on page 2. Page 3 is reserved for those junk apps that Apple includes that we can't remove.
    11-21-2011 08:07 PM
    I use a combo of both folders and just "loose" icons. On my homepage I like to keep it clean as possible and my second page is where all my icon and folders are on my 2nd page, the top 4 icons are what I use the most, and then the next 2 rows are put into alphabetical sequence. Also, sometimes I will take my fahrenheit weather app and put it on my 2nd page depending on my wp I use so it doesn't interrupt the look of it.

Last edited by Pink; 11-21-2011 at 08:15 PM.
    11-21-2011 08:11 PM
    I'm a combination of E_Brown and CalifJewls.

First page is all Apple apps. Page 2 and 3 are frequently used apps. Page 4 is all folders

I don't like how when you leave an app that's in a folder, you go back to the open folder. I know there's a jailbreak app for this but I've been there and done that. Team Pure for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-21-2011 08:12 PM
    So after much switching around I think i like this set up. My first page are apps that I use the most. 2 nd page is for all my shortcuts all listed alphabetically And the 3rd is apps that I don't really use in folders that are all alphabetical.

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-21-2011 08:14 PM
    I don't like folders. I know where all my icons are.
    hunoosh likes this.
    11-21-2011 08:27 PM
    Wow it's so weird looking at someone else's home screen and seeing where you think the icons should be, and they're in a complete difference place.

11-21-2011 08:32 PM
    Wow it's so weird looking at someone else's home screen and seeing where you think the icons should be, and they're in a complete difference place.

I agree. But I went back to just doing what was functional for me which was using folders and apps. Most of the stock apple apps I don't even use. Like I don't use YouTube daily...but my social folder is
    11-21-2011 09:01 PM
    Im OCD about my iPhone organization...

Homescreen is only for Apple apps..
    2nd Screen is for my most used Productivity, Social and Misc apps..
    3rd Screen is for my folders which are categorized and in alphabetical order..
    think you could share that wallpaper? me like...
    11-21-2011 10:01 PM
    think you could share that wallpaper? me like...
    andrewshah likes this.
    11-21-2011 10:53 PM
    I use folders only... It would drive me insane with a lot of icons all over the place! This is how i have my screens setup

11-21-2011 11:00 PM
    I cannot have an iProduct without it looking like an iProduct. I rather have my phone look like how it looks like on an advertisement. Otherwise it just might feel weird, I have two pages of applications, on the first it's just Icons, like you see when you first get your iPhone/iPod. My second page is in alphabetical order, minus the first icon which is Contacts. Just one folder of apps that I don't really use that much. It just feels right. That's just me... here is set up.
    So, just a question for you, do you jailbreak your iPhones?

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    11-22-2011 06:41 AM
    I use folders but I am extremely annoyed that the folders stay open after you select an icon from that folder. Maybe I'm OCD but I find myself opening an app from a folder, minimizing it, tapping the screen to close the folder and re-opening the app. There has to be a better way.
    11-22-2011 10:17 AM
    I use folders but I am extremely annoyed that the folders stay open after you select an icon from that folder. Maybe I'm OCD but I find myself opening an app from a folder, minimizing it, tapping the screen to close the folder and re-opening the app. There has to be a better way.
    FolderCloser - Auto-close folders after app launch. It's a cydia app, that you need to be jailbroken for. If you're on a 4S, obviously there is no jailbreak for it yet, but for future reference that may be one of the reason's you want to jailbreak for.
    Dunkin likes this.
    11-22-2011 10:27 AM
    FolderCloser - Auto-close folders after app launch. It's a cydia app, that you need to be jailbroken for. If you're on a 4S, obviously there is no jailbreak for it yet, but for future reference that may be one of the reason's you want to jailbreak for.
    Yep I have a 4S so I can't go that route, not yet at least
    11-22-2011 11:31 AM
    Cant wait to jailbreak. That way I can have a five icon dock. It'll make things easier too.

What I wish there was a way to do though, is instead of have the icons go from bottom to top, instead go from bottom up.

Like I want one line of icons right above the dock. I dont really use my fingers to reach up to the top of the screen for apps..
    11-22-2011 11:35 AM
    Cant wait to jailbreak. That way I can have a five icon dock. It'll make things easier too.

What I wish there was a way to do though, is instead of have the icons go from bottom to top, instead go from bottom up.

Like I want one line of icons right above the dock. I dont really use my fingers to reach up to the top of the screen for apps..
    Once you jailbreak, you can use Gridlock, and that will let you place icon's anywhere on the screen that you want. When I had my 4, and it was jailbroken, I only had 2 rows on my homes screen. The dock, and bottom row. Then I had the HTC type clock and weather screen. Looked awesome! I miss it.
    11-22-2011 11:52 AM
    So, just a question for you, do you jailbreak your iPhones?

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

No No, I am stock all the way, I just feel weird having a jailbreak on my phone. I tried it for almost an hour on my old 4. I had to restore right away once I got home from work.
    11-22-2011 12:06 PM
    Once you jailbreak, you can use Gridlock, and that will let you place icon's anywhere on the screen that you want. When I had my 4, and it was jailbroken, I only had 2 rows on my homes screen. The dock, and bottom row. Then I had the HTC type clock and weather screen. Looked awesome! I miss it.
    I can't waitttt
    E_Brown likes this.
    11-22-2011 01:04 PM
    No No, I am stock all the way, I just feel weird having a jailbreak on my phone. I tried it for almost an hour on my old 4. I had to restore right away once I got home from work.
    I like stock as well. I jailbroke my 3GS and didn't care for it.
    11-22-2011 03:28 PM
108 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD