Why doesn't my alarm work?

Allesandro

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I used the alarm that came with the iPhone 4s, and then bought the Alarm Clock Rio in the Apps Store. Neither is working if the phone is off, only if the phone is on. I have always used my smartphone as my alarm clock. I set the alarm. Turn off the phone. And the phone wakes me at the right time. This has yet to happen with the iPhone 4s. It only seems to work if the phone is already powered on. Can someone help me with this? It makes no sense to keep the phone on all night and waste the battery. I want it off and the alarm to wake me. Thanks.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I used the alarm that came with the iPhone 4s, and then bought the Alarm Clock Rio in the Apps Store. Neither is working if the phone is off, only if the phone is on. I have always used my smartphone as my alarm clock. I set the alarm. Turn off the phone. And the phone wakes me at the right time. This has yet to happen with the iPhone 4s. It only seems to work if the phone is already powered on. Can someone help me with this? It makes no sense to keep the phone on all night and waste the battery. I want it off and the alarm to wake me. Thanks.

this isnt a blackberry it wont auto power on its an iPhone to get it to work you need to leave the phone on sorry. plug it in over night thats what we all do..

Allesandro

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
this isnt a blackberry it wont auto power on its an iPhone to get it to work you need to leave the phone on sorry. plug it in over night thats what we all do..

OK, at least I know why it has not been working now. I am used to a Blackberry, which I've used for the past four years and I was always able to turn off the phone and the phone turned on when the alarm went off. Thanks.

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry's don't completely power down unless you remove the battery. Instead, they go into a deep sleep mode to prevent the user from having to wait the 5 - 10 minutes it takes for the OS to fully boot. As others have mentioned, when you power down an iPhone, it's completely off.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods