[IMG][/IMG]

This is taken with almost no light with an iPhone 4S White. Is it normal for pictures to look like this?
    Last edited by Snapback Fly; 11-18-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    11-18-2011 03:29 PM
    do u have a case on it? clear case?
    11-18-2011 03:43 PM
    Is it a white phone? My white 4S does the same thing (no case on it). My black 4 didn't do it, so no, I don't believe it is normal.
    11-18-2011 03:44 PM
    do u have a case on it? clear case?
    No case on it
    11-18-2011 03:46 PM
    Is it a white phone? My white 4S does the same thing (no case on it). My black 4 didn't do it, so no, I don't believe it is normal.
    Yes, it's an iPhone 4S White. Should I/can I warranty exchange the phone?
    11-18-2011 03:47 PM
    Yes, it's an iPhone 4S White. Should I/can I warranty exchange the phone?
    Make a genius bar apptment, and show them the picture, and see if there is anything they can do about it. When you're done, let me know the answer. I rarely take pictures like that, so I just never really worried about it. Thanks!
    11-18-2011 03:51 PM
    well just a side note.. photography is mostly always about light... how does it look when you take a picture with good lighting.. lighting is everything in photography
    11-18-2011 03:51 PM
    Second thought, I wouldn't replace it anyway. I don't want to have to replace my $20 Zagg shield. But it'll be good to know what happens either way for future reference.
    11-18-2011 03:52 PM
    Make a genius bar apptment, and show them the picture, and see if there is anything they can do about it. When you're done, let me know the answer. I rarely take pictures like that, so I just never really worried about it. Thanks!
    I'll let ya know soon as I take it in.
    11-18-2011 04:06 PM
    well just a side note.. photography is mostly always about light... how does it look when you take a picture with good lighting.. lighting is everything in photography
    Pictures come out nice and crisp during the day and also in good lighting. Although it is true about the lighting it would be nice to be able to take pictures during low light without having a flash back bubble all up in the picture
    11-18-2011 04:08 PM
    so this was dark WITH the flash? mine (black) doesnt do that...

this was last night - dark out---
    11-18-2011 04:13 PM

Yeah. Dark with flash creates this sort of bubbly flash effect.
    11-18-2011 04:19 PM

Your picture comes out a lot better than mine. I think I'll take my phone is ASAP.
    11-18-2011 04:23 PM
    ghosts...........
    11-18-2011 04:27 PM
    ghosts...........
    Lmao crazy
    11-18-2011 04:36 PM
    Relax its just a Ghost/Orb.
    11-18-2011 04:41 PM
    Found the problem! The zagg shield the store put on for me was causing the flash to shoot across the lens and distort the picture.
    11-19-2011 12:08 AM
    Found the problem! The zagg shield the store put on for me was causing the flash to shoot across the lens and distort the picture.
    Now that you took the shield off the problem is gone? I don't have a shield on the back of my phone. Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-19-2011 02:27 AM
    Now that you took the shield off the problem is gone? I don't have a shield on the back of my phone. Hmmm

Yes. I would have that looked @. For the price we pay for the phone we should get the best product. Nothin less.
    11-19-2011 03:19 AM
    Pictures come out nice and crisp during the day and also in good lighting. Although it is true about the lighting it would be nice to be able to take pictures during low light without having a flash back bubble all up in the picture
    Yes but bear in mind your using a communications device. The camera will operate best in well lit to low light conditions. Anything less than ideal then, your bound to experience more irregularities than perfect shots.
    11-19-2011 07:33 AM
    Second thought, I wouldn't replace it anyway. I don't want to have to replace my $20 Zagg shield. But it'll be good to know what happens either way for future reference.
    not to go off track here, but E, are you aware that Zagg has a replacement policy? If you have an issue with your phone or if the shield gets damaged, all you need are the original packaging and receipt, give Zagg a call and they will send you a replacement. Install the new shield and send back the damaged one.

I've done this when i had my Storm2(yeeeeears ago), one corner started to peel up a bit from goin in and out of my handbag, and i got a replacement. You pay the s/h handling fee which is usuall about $3-4.

Its been so long since i've used Zagg, but you need to go onto their site to register your product you have installed on your iPhone heres the link: ZAGG | Product Registration Process

E_Brown likes this.
    11-19-2011 08:15 AM
    not to go off track here, but E, are you aware that Zagg has a replacement policy? If you have an issue with your phone or if the shield gets damaged, all you need are the original packaging and receipt, give Zagg a call and they will send you a replacement. Install the new shield and send back the damaged one.

I've done this when i had my Storm2(yeeeeears ago), one corner started to peel up a bit from goin in and out of my handbag, and i got a replacement. You pay the s/h handling fee which is usuall about $3-4.

Its been so long since i've used Zagg, but you need to go onto their site to register your product you have installed on your iPhone heres the link: ZAGG | Product Registration Process

I was aware that they replaced for warrantee, but I didn't think it applied to needing a replacement phone. I'll look into that. Thanks for the info!

11-19-2011 08:28 AM
    I was aware that they replaced for warrantee, but I didn't think it applied to needing a replacement phone. I'll look into that. Thanks for the info!

yvw E !! and oh yea, it applies to if your device needs replacement also because if something electronically fails and you have Zaggs product, your going to want to protect your replacement as well
    11-19-2011 08:31 AM

Ugh...and what is all that white crap all over the ground
    11-27-2011 12:25 PM
    honestly i think the flash on the phone is CRAP. to me, it kinda seems lazy. they add a really bright LED for a couple of seconds as the camera takes a picture within that time frame.

whereas others, there'd be a red light before hand [to allow the camera to "precapture" the subject, and give it something to focus on] before the actual flash occurs. and the flash happens simultaneously with the shutter.

the iPhone flash definitely makes a good flashlight though.
    11-27-2011 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD