iPhone 4S Sprint to Verizon?

dcsr23#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I want to say no, because they won't register MEID/esn's from other carriers, hence why you can't buy an unlocked iPhone 4s and call Verizon or Sprint and activate. So I'd say the cdma portion of the phone is carrier locked at the carrier itself.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
No Verizon wont activate a phone that isn't there's. Technically it could happen, but they don't let it happen. Many people have tried, and I have never seen it work.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
is it possible to transfer an iPhone 4S from Sprint to Verizon or vice versa?why or why not?

According to a Sprint sales chat, the iPhone (or any CDMA device from another carrier like Verizon) will not work on the Sprint network due to slight differences in the way the CDMA networks are set up.

When we asked about putting a Verizon CDMA device on the Sprint network, the salesperson said, "Sprint devices use our all digital Sprint PCS and Nextel iDEN networks. Unfortunately, devices from other carriers are not compatible and would not function on our network."

When questioned again (just to make sure), another salesperson stated, "No, you can not use any other service provider's phone with Sprint."

Think You'll Put a Verizon iPhone on Sprint? Think again | Mac|Life

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not a technology issue or hardware... because both Sprint & Verizon have roaming agreements and customers of each can use the other's networks in various markets... It's all about company policy. Neither Verizon or Sprint will allow devices on their network that did not come from the OEM with MEIDs that are not in batches that were not sold to them from the OEM. Love it or hate it, it is what it is, and it's not going to change any time soon.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
that is so stupid that if you want to switch you would have to buy another iPhone 4S....what about activating an unlocked iPhone 4S bought outright from the Apple Store and never activated can I activate it on Verizon, MetroPCS, or Sprint?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
that is so stupid that if you want to switch you would have to buy another iPhone 4S....what about activating an unlocked iPhone 4S bought outright from the Apple Store and never activated can I activate it on Verizon, MetroPCS, or Sprint?

The issue has to do with the meid #. The # needs to be added into their system, and Verizon and Sprint won't add the # into their system if it isn't their phone. MetroPCS may be different, I only know about Verizon, and Sprint. Trust me, many people tried to do this when Verizon got the BB Storm, and again when verizon got the iPhone 4 in Feb. There are articles all over the internet on this.

Reactions: ivhs72

elavum

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ha I hear you. I thought that issue and brought a sprint BB Bold 9650 NIB ( availabe in both verizon and sprint) from a friend as my BB Storm 1 died. I tired to activate the handset in verizon for a month as I talked to multiple levels of Customer Service. Majority of them mentioned that they will not do it as imei # is with sprint , some asked me to check with Sprint to get it released and get some kind of unlock code ( I didn't understand the unlock part though). During the one month I called sprint CS also and as I was not their customer, they would always deflect my request to transfering my family plan to sprint (;) should I be surprised?) .

to make long story short,I sold the sprint phone on crackberry.com and brought a verizon bold from their itself.

Bottom line they will not activate each others phone.( thats my experience)

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
there is still no hard proof....I don't see why it wouldn't they both use EVDO Rev. A on 800 and 1900 mHz bands?

look the hard proof is that if you walk into verizon with a sprint iphone they wont put it on the network.. thats all the proof you need it may be possible from a network standpoint to actually happen but it wont happen because neither carrier will allow you to do end of story thats the answer

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
there is still no hard proof....I don't see why it wouldn't they both use EVDO Rev. A on 800 and 1900 mHz bands?
There's plenty of hard proof. You've got it backwards. There's no hard proof that it can be done. As pointed out to you already, it's not just a matter of bands.

what about activating an unlocked iPhone 4S bought outright from the Apple Store and never activated can I activate it on Verizon, MetroPCS, or Sprint?
You can easily answer your own question:

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt.../iphone/iphone4/about_unlocked&token=fy69PC0n
The unlocked iPhone includes all the features of iPhone but without a contract commitment. You can activate and use it on the supported GSM wireless network of your choice, such as AT&T in the United States.* The unlocked iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S will not work with CDMA-based carriers such as Verizon Wireless or Sprint.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I doubt that that is true that I can't take an unlocked iPhone 4S that has never been activated and put it on Sprint I have friends who have done it on the 4S

Everyone here has really tried their best to help you with this situation, an we've answered your question to the best of our ability. If your friends have done it, find out thru them how to do it. When you find out, share with us so we can learn how to do it and help the next person.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

koolhand79

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If u have friends that have done it, I'm curious y you're on here asking if it can be done. You obviously have first hand knowledge. All of us here know its not possible(only because verizon and sprint won't let it happen) with the iPhone or any other phone and you don't seem to understand or believe it. So just call up sprint/verizon and give it a shot and report back with your findings

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711