Video Conversion Software?

aod33

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the iPhone (coming from BB) and would like to know what is the best DVD/video conversion software out there to use with the iPhone? Thanks.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Handbrake is the best choice.

A more simplified app (if you already have the file.. like an AVI etc) is videora. Its ad based and is ugly but is pretty easy to just pick and go.

aod33

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
What size is the converted movie files on average? I know it's dependent on the original size of the movie, but just looking for average size. Thanks.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
What size is the converted movie files on average? I know it's dependent on the original size of the movie, but just looking for average size. Thanks.

I doubt people are going to remember the average size of the videos they have converted.. just saying..

aod33

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I doubt people are going to remember the average size of the videos they have converted.. just saying..

Really? I Would think with today's technology and the way its intergrated in everyday life that it would be common knowledge. It's like not knowing how much memory ones phone has. How would you know how many movies, etc can be installed within the remaining availability of space?

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Really? I Would think with today's technology and the way its intergrated in everyday life that it would be common knowledge. It's like not knowing how much memory ones phone has. How would you know how many movies, etc can be installed within the remaining availability of space?
It depends on what setting you choose. Handbrake has a number of presets that result in different file sizes: I have an old iPod touch, and it won't handle HD video, so I rip movies to the "iPod" setting (500 kb or less). For my HDTV I use the "Apple TV" setting, and that's a 1.5-2gb size, depending on length. There are settings in between. There are several iPhone settings.

aod33

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I may have been misunderstood before. I was looking for DVD movie conversions, not just any video. Most of my DVD conversions are around ~1gb. But didn't know if I was making them too big for an iPhone.

mikos

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
If you have AVI or WMV files, I would recommend a 3rd party app like GoodPlayer. It will let you load and watch these types of files without conversation to an iPhone friendly format. GoodPlayer saved my hours of aggravation. You simply load the files via iTunes and watch them on the player.

But as the others said, if you need to convert or rip, Handbrake is the way to go.

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Freemake is a good one it's free and fast and not only can you do iPhone you can do YouTube you can convert to mp3 it supports many different types of files

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2