Hey, I no the 4s and IOS5 has find my iphone app, but I dont have Lion yet on my MacBook, are there any other apps that can track the phone. I live in Chicago and more and more people are getting mugged for these, but people are tracking them and catching the criminals? Thanks in advance....
    11-17-2011 07:33 PM
    You don't need a Mac to track it any computer with a Internet connection log onto iCloud.com and enter your I'd and you can track your phone

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    EricP likes this.
    11-17-2011 07:36 PM
    I think you have to have findmyiphone installed on your phone to do that. You can also remote lock, and wipe your phone along with tracking it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    EricP likes this.
    11-17-2011 07:38 PM
    I think you have to have findmyiphone installed on your phone to do that. You can also remote lock, and wipe your phone along with tracking it.

find my iphone is part of your icloud account now.. you just have to turn it on in settings..

then you can track your phone on the icloud website
    EricP likes this.
    11-17-2011 07:50 PM
    find my iphone is part of your icloud account now.. you just have to turn it on in settings..

then you can track your phone on the icloud website
    Good to know. Thank you.

11-17-2011 07:52 PM
    Good to know. Thank you.

no problem..
    11-17-2011 07:54 PM
    wouldn't it be easy for the theif to just shut off the findmyphone setting ?
    11-17-2011 08:54 PM
    wouldn't it be easy for the theif to just shut off the findmyphone setting ?
    The phone could also just be shut off completely. It's not a perfect solution, but it's better then nothing.

11-17-2011 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD