cross-platform messaging

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Whatsapp sends via the Internet, it doesn't get charged as a text at all! That's why you can send with no service but connected to wifi!

@dp_scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then explain to me why when I sent a whatsapp MSG it added a text under my usage??

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Ive been using PingChat for about a year since some of my friends went from their bb's to the iPhone 4. Now that I have the 4s, I use it to text back and forth with my wife and will continue to until she wises up and gets rid of her 14 month old antiquated blackberry curve.

Ive found that PingChat is the best of all the different ones that I have tried. Its a lot like bbm and you can send video, voice, text etc...

and the messages send instantly. there is zero delay whatsoever. Give it a try.

I second these comments. Ping Chat works nicely on BB, Android, and iPhone. As mentioned it supports video, photos, text, etc. It flags your messages as sent and later marks them when received. It also supports emoticons. The developer monitors the various platform forums and is very responsive.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Then explain to me why when I sent a whatsapp MSG it added a text under my usage??

Did you check your usage from your phone (*DATA#) or from the web page? If you check it from your phone, it sends you a text message, which then counts against your text message balance.

If this app truly does use text messages, then I'll be looking for a different app ASAP....

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Did you check your usage from your phone (*DATA#) or from the web page? If you check it from your phone, it sends you a text message, which then counts against your text message balance.

If this app truly does use text messages, then I'll be looking for a different app ASAP....

it sends you one text for activation of the app after that its just data sending messages

truly

Reactions: Rockdog97

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
after checking my text msg usage via AT&Ts website, it does look like the WhatsApp does not use text msgs... So thanks everyone for confirming this... I can rest easy now... Ha!:D

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

I double checked my usage online and it does NOT add a txt message to MY usage.. Not sure what it's doing with yours...:confused: