3G Buzzing

iMacca

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
My phone has a buzzing sort of noise that you can hear on a call, it doesn't seem to be coming from the earpiece, more from the 3G chip or something.. it's actually more clear if you listen on the back, middle of the phone and you don't have to be on a call to hear it, when the phone is downloading data it is present.

It seems to be something to do with 3G as over wifi it's fine

There's a few threads on the Apple discussion forums and someone has recorded a youtube clip of the sound (can't post links yet)

I took it to the Apple store last night, they heard it and said it was a hardware problem and swapped it out, but the replacement has the same noise.... A lot of people on the Apple discussions are saying they've swapped multiple times and still have the issue in the new devices.

Mine isn't bad, but it's there and I can hear it during calls, just thought I'd see if many other people have the same issue?? I'm thinking I'll just live with it for a while and wait to see if the problem gets resolved, maybe there's a bad batch of phones out there, or it's just the way the phone is.

How are everyone else's phones?

AppleSmart

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering how many times Apple has "swapped out" phones. :( Crazy. I had a 4s for 3 weeks and did not experience the buzzing. My iPhones have always made morse code like noise come out of my speakers in my vehicle though.

iMacca

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
There seems to be a lot getting swapped, there were multiple people there at the same time as me with different issues, all were swapped. I would have been happy to live with it while they investigated or something, but they just swapped it. Pity the new one is the same...

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I sometimes hear light static on a call. It can come and go on a call at random times. It isn't all calls. Random. If you show the link from youtube, do it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2