So why does apple not allow d/l over 3G for 20MB < apps?

StefR

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm in rural Iowa and if I can find wifi and it's not that difficult to find free wifi... Iowa interstate rest areas have it... many public libraries have free wifi... if one is motivated enough, it could be had.

Maybe some people don't want to run around looking for interstate rest areas or other places that have free WiFi. Running around trying to find a place where you can use your mobile device kind of defeats the purpose of a mobile device.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Maybe some people don't want to run around looking for interstate rest areas or other places that have free WiFi. Running around trying to find a place where you can use your mobile device kind of defeats the purpose of a mobile device.

Perhaps those kind of people should get their own wifi at home so they don't have to incessantly kvetch about not being able to find it... :(

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it, why does apple require us to d/l apps over wifi only if they are bigger than 20mb? If Verizon allows it what would make apple not allow it?

That's because Verizon does not allow it. It causes congestion and slows down the network. Apple has NO control over the medium that's used to deliver products/services to the end users.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That's because Verizon does not allow it. It causes congestion and slows down the network. Apple has NO control over the medium that's used to deliver products/services to the end users.

I dont think its Verizon's choice, because 1) The d/l cap is on iPhones on at&t also, and 2) Why wouldnt they put the cap on Android phones then too?

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

It's not life threatening if you have to have wifi to download an app or app update now is it lol

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2