Top backlight bleed

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone Im curious I have a black iPhone 4s that has 4 spots on he top of he status bar that are backlight bleeds not very big but noticeable. Anyone else have this issue. And is this something i should return cause this i:confused:s my third replacement

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I had my iPhone4 replaced a couple of times and one of them had some serious light bleed in the upper corners.

Can you get a pic of what yours looks like?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would make an appointment with Apple and get them to look at it. I remember my first iPad 2 had this problem and I returned it to Target for a new one. The second one was fine.

andrewshah

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Had this issue on the 4 I was using a few weeks before I got the 4s. No issues on my new phone. Just have apple look at it again.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
here is a pic its kinda hard to see bad camera but alot more visible with lighter color back grounds (grey, light green, light blue, etc)
sdfaw.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
let me know what you think also im not sure if im trying to look for it now but it looks like on the upper left hand of teh screen in dark pictures a yellowish color is coming through, i got a genius meeting on thursday

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
That looks just a tad more pronounced than my 4S. every 4 i have had had that toward the top and my 4S does also. post the image you used as a background and we can load it on our phones and compare.

here is a pic its kinda hard to see bad camera but alot more visible with lighter color back grounds (grey, light green, light blue, etc) [URL=http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2822/sdfaw.jpg]Click to view quoted image[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us]Click to view quoted image[/URL]

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
my camera isnt really capturing it (htc evo blah) ill try to post better ones, do you think it is replace worthy or should i just deal with it

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
my camera isnt really capturing it (htc evo blah) ill try to post better ones, do you think it is replace worthy or should i just deal with it

thats an answer you can only answer.. if it was me it wouldn't bother me much but you have to decide that for yourself..

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
yeah that is what im thinking, its not that bad, i can notice it only in lighter background pics. And im not really looking to get a phone that has different issues. Darn decisions grrr

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
yeah that is what im thinking, its not that bad, i can notice it only in lighter background pics. And im not really looking to get a phone that has different issues. Darn decisions grrr

How do you even get a completely blank screen like that to notice it?

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
its not the blank screen that just was the only way the camera would pic it up. it comes up in certain back grounds, like very light color back grounds or even in my pictures i take with my camera

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
the one iPhone 4 that I had with the corner bleeds, it was so bad that half the battery status icon was a LOT brighter.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
hey every one so i have an appointment with a genius tomorrow to take a look at the phone. I was looking around the web for others with this problem, and a few other sights have had the same thing, but alot of them say it is actually normal for the light to bleed a little at the top. Anyway i also want to apologize to a few people around the forums for being a total child the other day... ( SEANhrcc & Cleveland)....sorry for my rude behavior.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
So I decided to replace the phone. So I go to apple and it is packed even here in Spokane wa, I was very happy to have made an appointment. So I get up to the desk after waiting 15 min. Speak to a guy name eric very nice guy. Now he replace my phone no questions. We talk and tells me sprint is the hardest carrier to have them replace swaps, because the system they use has large amount of steps, so we finally get everything swapped over, and the new phone looks great no more light. Lewd until I go to a brighter area and there is 3 dead pixels!!!!!! So I decide that's it! I go over to the genius desk and lo and behold a soccer team mate of mine is a genius!!!! I'm thinking heck yes. So we get the new old phone replaced and the new again beautiful no dust or dead pixels. Well during the activation we kept on getting an error, problem being is the new phone was sprint phone but get this with Verizon network software!! So we had restore the phone.. So to finish I was at apple for approximately 3 hrs and 45 minutes. Anyway new phone is great screen is perfect and no defects! Sorry for the bad grammar and long post, doing this on my iPhone.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
thanks IErick:) i didnt realize how anal i am about my phone until i got the iphone i clean it everyday and make sure its in its case. Now if i could just afford one for my wife she has been saving money up for almost a year. But damn this year has been hard hopefully i can get her one for Christmas get her off of that damn lg rumor

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods