View Poll Results: Do you care for a jailbreak

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm dying for a jailbreak to be released for the 4s

143 68.10%
  • No, I don't care for a jailbreak the phone is perfect out the box.

35 16.67%
  • I'm undecided

32 15.24%
    so it's been a month now since the iphone 4s was released in the U.S, and I was just wondering how everyone else was holding up..

i've been checking the forums everyday to see if something was released, and i'm also holding off the 5.0.1 update

I understand things like this take time, and quite honestly I'm happy these jailbreaks aren't released until everything is 100% working as I love to use every feature the phone has to offer.
    11-14-2011 05:03 PM
    I have owned 3 iPhones and have yet to jailbreak any of them haha.. dont need the extra stuff that the jailbreak offers and also the things it messes up
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-14-2011 05:29 PM
    this is my first iphone, so i haven't jailbroken yet,

but i have jailbroken my ipod touch..

i just want easier access to turn bluetooth on and off and a few other things that aren't as important
    11-14-2011 05:36 PM
    so it's been a month now since the iphone 4s was released in the U.S, and I was just wondering how everyone else was holding up..

i've been checking the forums everyday to see if something was released, and i'm also holding off the 5.0.1 update

I understand things like this take time, and quite honestly I'm happy these jailbreaks aren't released until everything is 100% working as I love to use every feature the phone has to offer.
    Really the only thing that I miss is my homepage I used perpagehtml for a htc like weather/clock homescreen.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-14-2011 05:38 PM
    this is my first iphone, so i haven't jailbroken yet,

but i have jailbroken my ipod touch..

i just want easier access to turn bluetooth on and off and a few other things that aren't as important
    You can just keep your Bluetooth on. I've never turned mine off.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-14-2011 05:39 PM
    i haven't really tested it to know on the iPhone , but on my previous phones it would help save battery life whenever you turned off a radio when you weren't using it...

does the iPhone handle it differently somehow?
    11-14-2011 05:40 PM
    i haven't really tested it to know on the iPhone , but on my previous phones it would help save battery life whenever you turned off a radio when you weren't using it...

does the iPhone handle it differently somehow?
    the iphone handles it the same really but most people get good enough battery life that it doesn't matter really also if you just want quick access to settings this app IconProject will allow you to place icons on your home screen for settings its 99 cents but it works
    Last edited by noaim; 11-14-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    11-14-2011 05:42 PM
    I have owned 3 iPhones and have yet to jailbreak any of them haha.. dont need the extra stuff that the jailbreak offers and also the things it messes up
    I've jailbroken every iPhone I've ever owned...it's never messed up any of them.

Im very anxious for a new jailbreak...if for no other reason than simply having my 5 icon dock back, lol!
    tino72 likes this.
    11-14-2011 05:46 PM
    I love my iPhone and it's functionality. What it doesn't have I can live without.
    11-14-2011 05:59 PM
    I've jailbroken every iPhone I've ever owned...it's never messed up any of them.

Im very anxious for a new jailbreak...if for no other reason than simply having my 5 icon dock back, lol!
    I know of three people in my personal life that jailbreaking messed there phone up beyond repair...
    11-14-2011 05:59 PM
    I know of three people in my personal life that jailbreaking messed there phone up beyond repair...
    BS...sorry, but simply jail breaking an iPhone will NEVER mess it up beyond repair. If a person gets into their sub system and starts tooling around with stuff they have no business messing with and they screw something up, that's entirely on them...not the jailbreak. The simple fact that 100% of jailbroken phones can be restored in iTunes back to factory default settings makes any story of the act of jail breaking a phone messing it up complete and total BS.

It's always funny to hear people who do not jailbreak their iPhone try to make up these stories about how a jailbreak ruined an iOS device. You guys realize that you can literally jailbreak an iPhone and when you are done, it is IDENTICAL to what you had before the jailbreak...you can even do it now without installing Cydia (though god knows why someone would do that).
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 11-14-2011 at 06:15 PM.
    11-14-2011 06:09 PM
    I want the jailbreak experience. I'm not sure what Apple was thinking on some of their UI decisions. Its not a very pleasant OS to navigate around. I'm not even sure if jailbreaking will help solve some of my issue but I'd like to find out.
    11-14-2011 06:18 PM
    I do have to say this and it has me curious.. when I made a genius bar appt, and they ran diagnostics on my phone... they were able to see everything from when i updated the software to apps that may have crashed, what apps were open, I wonder if they'll be able to see if it was ever jailbroken ???
    11-14-2011 06:23 PM
    I know of three people in my personal life that jail breaking messed there phone up beyond repair...
    You can blame the jailbreak for the sake of blame.
    It was probably the three people who didn't research anything or actually read about the tweaks/downloads.
    I had a jailbreak from day one, never had a problem.
    redbeard likes this.
    11-14-2011 06:33 PM
    My 4 was jailbroken for a couple of weeks but I didn't see the big deal? The apps are more expensive and I wasn't impressed.
    11-14-2011 07:21 PM
    And on another note I voted undecided, the only thing I miss is the 5 icon dock and my3G for FaceTime and the theme I had
    11-14-2011 07:27 PM
    BS...sorry, but simply jail breaking an iPhone will NEVER mess it up beyond repair. If a person gets into their sub system and starts tooling around with stuff they have no business messing with and they screw something up, that's entirely on them...not the jailbreak. The simple fact that 100% of jailbroken phones can be restored in iTunes back to factory default settings makes any story of the act of jail breaking a phone messing it up complete and total BS.

It's always funny to hear people who do not jailbreak their iPhone try to make up these stories about how a jailbreak ruined an iOS device. You guys realize that you can literally jailbreak an iPhone and when you are done, it is IDENTICAL to what you had before the jailbreak...you can even do it now without installing Cydia (though god knows why someone would do that).
    actually im correct it happened right when they clicked the button to jailbreak buddy you sure do act like you know it all? your wrong on this one though I know that much
    11-14-2011 08:29 PM
    actually im correct it happened right when they clicked the button to jailbreak buddy you sure do act like you know it all? your wrong on this one though I know that much
    I have never heard of such a thing and I've been jailbreaking iPhones for people for years now lol
    11-14-2011 08:32 PM
    I have never heard of such a thing and I've been jailbreaking iPhones for people for years now lol
    it happened to a 3gs and 2 iPhone 3g's

click the button white apple logo appeared phone stayed with white apple logo until dead wouldnt respond to charging or anything.. dont ask me why it happened I do not jailbreak so yes I know nothing about it but I know the phones were unusable after it happend maybe things like that dont happen anymore I donno but im certainly not going to take the risk

This was the main reason I chose to never do it..
    Last edited by noaim; 11-14-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    11-14-2011 08:35 PM
    it happened to a 3gs and 2 iPhone 3g's

click the button white apple logo appeared phone stayed with white apple logo until dead wouldnt respond to charging or anything.. dont ask me why it happened I do not jailbreak so yes I know nothing about it but I know the phones were unusable after it happend maybe things like that dont happen anymore I donno but im certainly not going to take the risk

This was the main reason I chose to never do it..
    The only issue I've ever run into was a bad device beforehand.. I have friend who I've tried to jailbreak his 3GS twice and it's gone into just a logo screen until it comes out eventually but I do recall his phone did that once before .... But still you're talking about jailbreaking devices that are 3 and 4 years old now respectively .... All cannot be blamed on the jailbreak itself
    nirohem likes this.
    11-14-2011 08:52 PM
    The only issue I've ever run into was a bad device beforehand.. I have friend who I've tried to jailbreak his 3GS twice and it's gone into just a logo screen until it comes out eventually but I do recall his phone did that once before .... But still you're talking about jailbreaking devices that are 3 and 4 years old now respectively .... All cannot be blamed on the jailbreak itself
    maybe not... Im not saying that all jailbroken devices fail... Theres plenty of people here and others that I know that have had no issues well besides for bugs that I have heard of. However the fact that the phones did get bricked scares me away from needing it.
    11-14-2011 08:58 PM
    maybe not... Im not saying that all jailbroken devices fail... Theres plenty of people here and others that I know that have had no issues well besides for bugs that I have heard of. However the fact that the phones did get bricked scares me away from needing it.
    The fact that you used the term "bricked" proves you know nothing of the issues the people you are referring to had...considering its nearly impossible to legitimately "brick" an iPhone.
    Invid and redbeard like this.
    11-14-2011 09:41 PM
    The fact that you used the term "bricked" proves you know nothing of the issues the people you are referring to had...considering its nearly impossible to legitimately "brick" an iPhone.
    and once again you think you know it all... an iPhone that doesn't respond to a computer or charge or reset is considered bricked...

just because i dont have a high post count here doesnt mean I havent been around the block.. I have an education in IT so please if your not going to tell me something useful dont respond
    11-14-2011 10:36 PM
    and once again you think you know it all... an iPhone that doesn't respond to a computer or charge or reset is considered bricked...

just because i dont have a high post count here doesnt mean I havent been around the block.. I have an education in IT so please if your not going to tell me something useful dont respond
    You're speaking mindlessly about jail breaking...claiming that 3 of your friends bricked their iPhones from jail breaking them, and i'm telling you that is BS. Did they do something that screwed up their iPhone AFTER jail breaking it? Who knows! It's certainly a possibility, there are a lot of things you can get into that the average joe shouldn't touch after jail breaking an iPhone.

Here's the kicker though...jailbreaking the iPhone didn't make them do those things, it just gave them the ability to. Jailbreaking an i-device doesn't come with an automatic arm twist to customize things that could cause an iPhone to become unresponsive...and even in that scenario, the chance that a full restore would also not work is slim to none.

Take your IT education and cram it if you're going to strut around speaking blindly about how jail breaking iPhones screws them up, because you make it plainly obvious that you haven't the first clue what you're talking about when it comes to such...your post count has nothing to do with it, your asinine comments about jail breaking an iPhone is what speaks worlds about your knowledge on the subject.

And i repeat my comment again, so you can read it clearly...it is nearly impossible...if not FULLY impossible, to brick an iPhone because of the act of jail breaking it.
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 11-14-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    cardfan, gthugballin and jdavis22 like this.
    11-14-2011 11:14 PM
    I'm still getting used to the phone as it is so I haven't put any energy into how it ought to be...
    11-14-2011 11:20 PM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD