How's Everyone doing without a jailbreak?

Do you care for a jailbreak

• Yes i'm dying for a jailbreak to be released for the 4s

Votes: 143 68.1%
  • No, I don't care for a jailbreak the phone is perfect out the box.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 32 15.2%

• Total voters

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I want to use my unlimited data to tether my Macbook air and iPad2 when I don't feel like paying for verizon.

Also, I miss backgrounder... It seems to manage memory better for me and 3G unrestricted too... FaceTime, HQ youtube, and App downloads over 20mb.... YES PLEASE.

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I want the jailbreak experience. I'm not sure what Apple was thinking on some of their UI decisions. Its not a very pleasant OS to navigate around. I'm not even sure if jailbreaking will help solve some of my issue but I'd like to find out.

Wow, there were some things WebOS had that were nice, but if you hate iOS that much maybe you should try Android? Personally I think WebOS and iOS were the best options, and now that webOS is dying...

Also had three iPhones, never Jailbroke once. A little timid, but I'd really like to be able to tether to my xbox 360 like I did with my Pre Plus, without paying for it (it was legitimate with the Pre Plus).

AZ Gizmo

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I had my iPhone 4 jailbroken and absolutely loved what it gave me in terms of functionality. I haven't upgraded yet to 5.0.1 because I'm holding out the hope that the Jailbreak community will release an exploit that I can jump on.

Even though the new IOS has many of the features that I took advantage of with my Jailbroken iPhone before IOS 5, there are still a few features which mean a great deal to me which have not yet been implemented so I'm patiently (or rather impatiently) waiting for the latest Jailbreak to be made available.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm managing fine without it. I had my iPhone 4 jailbreaked, but I found the tweaks etc that I was able to do while I had it jailbroken caused issues with other aspects of the iOS, so I'm holding off for a bit to see if I would find any real benefit/useful feature from a jailbreak.

redneck86

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have JB in the past.
I really didnt find it to be of any use beyond a novelty because I wasnt about to spend money for their overpriced apps.

If you dont spend money on your JB all you have is a few free themes, an extra dock icon and 5k fart apps.

But in the end... everyone has their opinions and can do as they please with their property.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I have JB in the past.
I really didnt find it to be of any use beyond a novelty because I wasnt about to spend money for their overpriced apps.

If you dont spend money on your JB all you have is a few free themes, an extra dock icon and 5k fart apps.

But in the end... everyone has their opinions and can do as they please with their property.

That's great for you, but your info is wrong, for people that have never jailbroken and are thinking about it, there's hundreds of free tweaks and themes out there, and nothing wrong with paid themes/tweaks anyways, there's some expensive stuff in the app store too. Jailbreaking opens up a whole new world for the iPhone, makes the phone soooo much more useful, and the ability to customize everything to your liking is nice.

The ability to reply/compose texts from anywhere with Bitesms is alone worth jailbreaking for, why Apple hasn't added this feature yet is a mystery, and Bite is FREE. SBsettings is free, Activator is free, in reality all the good jailbreak tweaks are free. All the fart apps are in the app store btw..

Not jailbreaking an iPhone is like buying a Ferrari with a 10 mph speed limiter on it, sure you can still drive it, but it would be useless and boring, that's how I feel when I use a stock iPhone.

Last edited:

redneck86

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Not jailbreaking an iPhone is like buying a Ferrari with a 10 mph speed limiter on it, sure you can still drive it, but it would be useless and boring, that's how I feel when I use a stock iPhone.

I used Sbsettings too.. but it just felt like I turned that ferrari you were talking about into a Clown car.

Jail breaking is nice but I just personally feel like I had to spend too much time hunting for apps and worrying running out of free memory.
All the good apps are not found in the default Cydia store you have to search thru other sources.. and some of those are really shady.

I did more research than you are implying and I just dont see the real need for such small changes.

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
That's great for you, but your info is wrong, for people that have never jailbroken and are thinking about it, there's hundreds of free tweaks and themes out there, and nothing wrong with paid themes/tweaks anyways, there's some expensive stuff in the app store too. Jailbreaking opens up a whole new world for the iPhone, makes the phone soooo much more useful, and the ability to customize everything to your liking is nice.

The ability to reply/compose texts from anywhere with Bitesms is alone worth jailbreaking for, why Apple hasn't added this feature yet is a mystery, and Bite is FREE. SBsettings is free, Activator is free, in reality all the good jailbreak tweaks are free. All the fart apps are in the app store btw..

To each is own. I will never jailbreak as I need nothing that it gives. My phone does everything it needs to without running unsafe code on my phone

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to iPhone and am confused about something. This thread makes it sound like we can not yet JB our 4S. Yet there is a website (jailbreakiphone4s) that claims to have JB software for a mere $20. What gives? Is JB software available yet or not? If not, is that site a total scam?

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to iPhone and am confused about something. This thread makes it sound like we can not yet JB our 4S. Yet there is a website (jailbreakiphone4s) that claims to have JB software for a mere $20. What gives? Is JB software available yet or not? If not, is that site a total scam?

It is my understanding that JB is free, but there are people that offer it as a service. I believe most of the JB community eschews these 'services' and use the free method. Someone with more info/experience should know more.

mlg321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm patienty waiting, yet I can't wait to have SBS settings and status bar notification icons. I'm also looking forward to tweaks that integrate into notification center while maintaining a stock look. I'm not into doing crazy themes and changes.

mlg321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It is my understanding that JB is free, but there are people that offer it as a service. I believe most of the JB community eschews these 'services' and use the free method. Someone with more info/experience should know more.

Pretty sure they are fake/scams from what I've read around here, so don't give them your money. There is currently no untethered jailbreak for iOS5 if that's what they're advertising.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods