How's Everyone doing without a jailbreak?

Do you care for a jailbreak

• Yes i'm dying for a jailbreak to be released for the 4s

Votes: 143 68.1%
  • No, I don't care for a jailbreak the phone is perfect out the box.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 32 15.2%

• Total voters

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I've ever run into was a bad device beforehand.. I have friend who I've tried to jailbreak his 3GS twice and it's gone into just a logo screen until it comes out eventually but I do recall his phone did that once before .... But still you're talking about jailbreaking devices that are 3 and 4 years old now respectively .... All cannot be blamed on the jailbreak itself

maybe not... Im not saying that all jailbroken devices fail... Theres plenty of people here and others that I know that have had no issues well besides for bugs that I have heard of. However the fact that the phones did get bricked scares me away from needing it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
maybe not... Im not saying that all jailbroken devices fail... Theres plenty of people here and others that I know that have had no issues well besides for bugs that I have heard of. However the fact that the phones did get bricked scares me away from needing it.

The fact that you used the term "bricked" proves you know nothing of the issues the people you are referring to had...considering its nearly impossible to legitimately "brick" an iPhone.

Reactions: redbeard

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
The fact that you used the term "bricked" proves you know nothing of the issues the people you are referring to had...considering its nearly impossible to legitimately "brick" an iPhone.

and once again you think you know it all... an iPhone that doesn't respond to a computer or charge or reset is considered bricked...

just because i dont have a high post count here doesnt mean I havent been around the block.. I have an education in IT so please if your not going to tell me something useful dont respond

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
and once again you think you know it all... an iPhone that doesn't respond to a computer or charge or reset is considered bricked...

just because i dont have a high post count here doesnt mean I havent been around the block.. I have an education in IT so please if your not going to tell me something useful dont respond

You're speaking mindlessly about jail breaking...claiming that 3 of your friends bricked their iPhones from jail breaking them, and i'm telling you that is BS. Did they do something that screwed up their iPhone AFTER jail breaking it? Who knows! It's certainly a possibility, there are a lot of things you can get into that the average joe shouldn't touch after jail breaking an iPhone.

Here's the kicker though...jailbreaking the iPhone didn't make them do those things, it just gave them the ability to. Jailbreaking an i-device doesn't come with an automatic arm twist to customize things that could cause an iPhone to become unresponsive...and even in that scenario, the chance that a full restore would also not work is slim to none.

Take your IT education and cram it if you're going to strut around speaking blindly about how jail breaking iPhones screws them up, because you make it plainly obvious that you haven't the first clue what you're talking about when it comes to such...your post count has nothing to do with it, your asinine comments about jail breaking an iPhone is what speaks worlds about your knowledge on the subject.

And i repeat my comment again, so you can read it clearly...it is nearly impossible...if not FULLY impossible, to brick an iPhone because of the act of jail breaking it.

Last edited:
Reactions: gthugballin

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree ... Anytime I've had a so called "bricked" iPhone ... Ya reboot it to put in DFU mode and viola ... You can restore the original firmware ....

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
You're speaking mindlessly about jail breaking...claiming that 3 of your friends bricked their iPhones from jail breaking them, and i'm telling you that is BS. Did they do something that screwed up their iPhone AFTER jail breaking it? Who knows! It's certainly a possibility, there are a lot of things you can get into that the average joe shouldn't touch after jail breaking an iPhone.

Here's the kicker though...jailbreaking the iPhone didn't make them do those things, it just gave them the ability to. Jailbreaking an i-device doesn't come with an automatic arm twist to customize things that could cause an iPhone to become unresponsive...and even in that scenario, the chance that a full restore would also not work is slim to none.

Take your IT education and cram it if you're going to strut around speaking blindly about how jail breaking iPhones screws them up, because you make it plainly obvious that you haven't the first clue what you're talking about when it comes to such...your post count has nothing to do with it, your asinine comments about jail breaking an iPhone is what speaks worlds about your knowledge on the subject.

And i repeat my comment again, so you can read it clearly...it is nearly impossible...if not FULLY impossible, to brick an iPhone because of the act of jail breaking it.

Correct, sounds like those phones were just in DFU mode or something like that which is easily fixed, I know absolutely nothing about computers and how they work etc. Yet I've been jailbreaking my phone for years now, all the problems I've had were from tweaks that had bugs in them, or mistakes I made, all correctable though.

The biggest problem I ever had with an iPhone was a couple months after I got my 3G in 08 and I didn't even know what jailbreaking was, one night the phone just rebooted by itself and froze up on the Apple logo, I lost all my info, had to restore the phone. I've never had that happen all the years I've been jailbroken, and iOS5 is as fast and reliable as ever running the semi-tethered JB.

All I can say to people who aren't jailbroken is yes, it's not necessary, but boy are you missing out, there's hundreds of tweaks just in Cydia allowing you to do things with your phone you never imagined. I use stuff that mostly adds to the functionality of the phone, and themes to make it look how I like it to look. The grid of mis-matching icons gets old after 4 years..

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Wow Seanhrcc when I comes to taking things up the a** you really show them don't you!! Congrats you give a whole new meaning d***. Im a electrical engineer where should I cram that? I know in my bank account.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Look who's talking now ... Wow is all I can say... You need to earn respect around here and your newbie 30 something posts here hasn't earned squat ... Regardless of how long you've been a member ..... Just my .02 worth here... Let's keep it respectful shall we ? This is EXACTLY why I left cb

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Have to agree. JB in itself is harmless. It's the "now what" that gets people in trouble as they go off exploring the various cydia tweaks. Or failure to follow directions properly. For that reason, i don't even bother recommending jb for friends & family. It'd just mean more support from me.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Wow clevland thank for being so observant to my post count. My measly 30 post to 500 it show who really has things to do. The guy was making a reference to People he knows Seanhrcc has no right to belittle him and then you come in with respect I must gain at a forum. Really earn respect from someone whos post counts higher, I'm glad that respect should be referenced to the amount of post you make. I stand by what I said and the moderator can pm all she wants, about what I said I don't take it back at all he was being rude so I took it to te next level. I thought we were here to help no point out that I have more knowledge than you so your wrong or hey your post count is to low be quiet

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow clevland thank for being so observant to my post count. My measly 30 post to 500 it show who really has things to do. The guy was making a reference to People he knows Seanhrcc has no right to belittle him and then you come in with respect I must gain at a forum. Really earn respect from someone whos post counts higher, I'm glad that respect should be referenced to the amount of post you make. I stand by what I said and the moderator can pm all she wants, about what I said I don't take it back at all he was being rude so I took it to te next level. I thought we were here to help no point out that I have more knowledge than you so your wrong or hey your post count is to low be quiet

Wow Seanhrcc when I comes to taking things up the a** you really show them don't you!! Congrats you give a whole new meaning d***. Im a electrical engineer where should I cram that? I know in my bank account.

Do i need some kind of cipher to decode your posts?

Anyways, thanks for taking it to the "next level". :eek:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

What?

I couldn't care less about your post count. You'll get more credibility by using some basic rules of grammar. It doesn't take much effort.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Hahahahahaha I knew that would come up predictable it seems all forums use excuse . Love it. Oh Sean your still a. dick!

Last edited:

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
All my previous iOS devices-3Gs, iPad, and i4 were jailbroken. I dont really miss it, so I'm probably not going to jailbreak this 4S.

jpdaballa

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
lets not flame eachother please guy's its like a warzone in here.

anyways again i see myself checking to see if there was a jailbreak released but no cigar lol :(

in the end we're all here for the same reason, and its to learn more information. its your choice how you want to take that information...

you don't have to listen or believe everything you see or read...

monmin

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
actually I don't really care about jailbreak.. well I'm not that desperate without any jailbreak.. we can buy the apps plus I'm not a gamers so.. it's kind of a plus for me :p

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have owned 3 iPhones and have yet to jailbreak any of them haha.. dont need the extra stuff that the jailbreak offers and also the things it messes up

I'm with you on this one noaim. Even prior to purchasing my 4S when I was still in my "should I or shouldn't I" stages, I pretty much decided this is something I wouldn't be doing.

I've seen quite a few ss's of JB devices with the themes and colors you can add and they look really nice, but I just don't want to get into tweaking all that. I honestly really enjoy the 4S right outta box:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods