View Poll Results: Do you care for a jailbreak

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm dying for a jailbreak to be released for the 4s

143 68.10%
  • No, I don't care for a jailbreak the phone is perfect out the box.

35 16.67%
  • I'm undecided

32 15.24%
    I still want my five column springboard, Infinidock and Shrink.
    11-16-2011 11:31 AM
    I recently picked up a 4S and an iPad2 after spending many, many years on Blackberry. I don't think I ever had a BB that I didn't alter so I'm probably going to JB my iPhone. Being new to the iOS world, can someone tell me some of the benefits of JB. I've seen several posts about 5 icons in the dock so I get that. I'm also assuming that if I JB my devices that I can drag and drop files over USB without going through iTunes. What other cool things might JB allow me to do?
    InsidePassage check out this youtube video on reasons to jailbreak:

11-16-2011 11:41 AM
    lets not flame eachother please guy's its like a warzone in here.

anyways again i see myself checking to see if there was a jailbreak released but no cigar lol

in the end we're all here for the same reason, and its to learn more information. its your choice how you want to take that information...

you don't have to listen or believe everything you see or read...
    Yeah, let's keep the flaming only on the Crackberry forums..

Personally I'm keeping a running list of the apps/reviews I want to try when it does get released.

Just starting to get anysy myself. Pod2g has tweeted in a week..not sure if that's a good thing as if he is busy working on a release or bad as in giving up..
    11-16-2011 01:27 PM
    Ha! This has been a fun read.

To answer the ORIGINAL point of this thread "How's everyone doing without a jailbreak?" -

Well, I'm doing OK, but, gosh, I really, really miss SBSettings! The Homescreen shortcuts help but they are no true substitute.

I pre-ordered the iP4s and got it on launch day. My iP4 (jailbroken on 4.3.3) went into storage while I played with the new toy for a week or so. Then I went back to the old phone for only a day.

I did like having the jailbreak back but the increased performance of the new iP4s is nice so I'm back to it full time. Plus, the coverage is better. There are a few spots on my drive home where the iP4 almost always drops calls and the new iP4s has yet to drop at those locations.

When the jailbreak comes out (and I say "when" to appease the Gods of Optimism) I'll wait a week or two for the first adopters to find the bugs and then I'm back on Team Jailbreak!
    11-16-2011 01:40 PM
    Im missing my Lock info setup. But the 50MB update was pretty awesom
    11-16-2011 01:58 PM
    Have to agree. JB in itself is harmless. It's the "now what" that gets people in trouble as they go off exploring the various cydia tweaks. Or failure to follow directions properly. For that reason, i don't even bother recommending jb for friends & family. It'd just mean more support from me.
    Its not completely harmless. I cant tell you how many times I see people post that they get error 1600 or ect just by trying to restore while JB.
    11-16-2011 02:00 PM
    i just want jailbreak so I cn have the five icon dock...and cydia
    11-16-2011 02:02 PM
    can't wait for the jailbreak
    11-16-2011 02:54 PM
    I just want BiteSMS.
    11-16-2011 03:19 PM
    How about another choice? Perhaps something like:

"The phone is great, but a jailbreak would be a nice complement"

instead of "I MUST HAVE JAILBREAK NOW!!!1!!!11!!" or "IM APPLE SHEEPLE ITS SO PERFECT OMG WTF!!1111!!!!11!"

No?

11-16-2011 03:46 PM
    I want to use my unlimited data to tether my Macbook air and iPad2 when I don't feel like paying for verizon.

Also, I miss backgrounder... It seems to manage memory better for me and 3G unrestricted too... FaceTime, HQ youtube, and App downloads over 20mb.... YES PLEASE.
    11-16-2011 04:07 PM
    I do think the phone is pretty much perfect.... all my limits seem to be on the ATT side..
    11-16-2011 04:09 PM
    I want the jailbreak experience. I'm not sure what Apple was thinking on some of their UI decisions. Its not a very pleasant OS to navigate around. I'm not even sure if jailbreaking will help solve some of my issue but I'd like to find out.
    Wow, there were some things WebOS had that were nice, but if you hate iOS that much maybe you should try Android? Personally I think WebOS and iOS were the best options, and now that webOS is dying...

Also had three iPhones, never Jailbroke once. A little timid, but I'd really like to be able to tether to my xbox 360 like I did with my Pre Plus, without paying for it (it was legitimate with the Pre Plus).
    11-16-2011 04:15 PM
    I had my iPhone 4 jailbroken and absolutely loved what it gave me in terms of functionality. I haven't upgraded yet to 5.0.1 because I'm holding out the hope that the Jailbreak community will release an exploit that I can jump on.

Even though the new IOS has many of the features that I took advantage of with my Jailbroken iPhone before IOS 5, there are still a few features which mean a great deal to me which have not yet been implemented so I'm patiently (or rather impatiently) waiting for the latest Jailbreak to be made available.
    11-16-2011 04:35 PM
    I'm managing fine without it. I had my iPhone 4 jailbreaked, but I found the tweaks etc that I was able to do while I had it jailbroken caused issues with other aspects of the iOS, so I'm holding off for a bit to see if I would find any real benefit/useful feature from a jailbreak.
    11-16-2011 04:39 PM
    I have JB in the past.
    I really didnt find it to be of any use beyond a novelty because I wasnt about to spend money for their overpriced apps.

If you dont spend money on your JB all you have is a few free themes, an extra dock icon and 5k fart apps.

But in the end... everyone has their opinions and can do as they please with their property.
    11-16-2011 10:32 PM
    You can customize alert tones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-16-2011 10:37 PM
    If it looks exactly the same what is the point?

11-16-2011 10:41 PM
    I know many people who "bricked their phones during jail breaking"

11-16-2011 10:45 PM
    I have JB in the past.
    I really didnt find it to be of any use beyond a novelty because I wasnt about to spend money for their overpriced apps.

If you dont spend money on your JB all you have is a few free themes, an extra dock icon and 5k fart apps.

But in the end... everyone has their opinions and can do as they please with their property.
    That's great for you, but your info is wrong, for people that have never jailbroken and are thinking about it, there's hundreds of free tweaks and themes out there, and nothing wrong with paid themes/tweaks anyways, there's some expensive stuff in the app store too. Jailbreaking opens up a whole new world for the iPhone, makes the phone soooo much more useful, and the ability to customize everything to your liking is nice.

The ability to reply/compose texts from anywhere with Bitesms is alone worth jailbreaking for, why Apple hasn't added this feature yet is a mystery, and Bite is FREE. SBsettings is free, Activator is free, in reality all the good jailbreak tweaks are free. All the fart apps are in the app store btw..

Not jailbreaking an iPhone is like buying a Ferrari with a 10 mph speed limiter on it, sure you can still drive it, but it would be useless and boring, that's how I feel when I use a stock iPhone.
    Last edited by redbeard; 11-16-2011 at 11:03 PM.
    11-16-2011 11:00 PM
    Not jailbreaking an iPhone is like buying a Ferrari with a 10 mph speed limiter on it, sure you can still drive it, but it would be useless and boring, that's how I feel when I use a stock iPhone.
    I used Sbsettings too.. but it just felt like I turned that ferrari you were talking about into a Clown car.

Jail breaking is nice but I just personally feel like I had to spend too much time hunting for apps and worrying running out of free memory.
    All the good apps are not found in the default Cydia store you have to search thru other sources.. and some of those are really shady.

I did more research than you are implying and I just dont see the real need for such small changes.
    Last edited by toddwhit; 11-16-2011 at 11:28 PM.
    11-16-2011 11:10 PM
    That's great for you, but your info is wrong, for people that have never jailbroken and are thinking about it, there's hundreds of free tweaks and themes out there, and nothing wrong with paid themes/tweaks anyways, there's some expensive stuff in the app store too. Jailbreaking opens up a whole new world for the iPhone, makes the phone soooo much more useful, and the ability to customize everything to your liking is nice.

The ability to reply/compose texts from anywhere with Bitesms is alone worth jailbreaking for, why Apple hasn't added this feature yet is a mystery, and Bite is FREE. SBsettings is free, Activator is free, in reality all the good jailbreak tweaks are free. All the fart apps are in the app store btw..

To each is own. I will never jailbreak as I need nothing that it gives. My phone does everything it needs to without running unsafe code on my phone

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    11-16-2011 11:54 PM
    I'm new to iPhone and am confused about something. This thread makes it sound like we can not yet JB our 4S. Yet there is a website (jailbreakiphone4s) that claims to have JB software for a mere $20. What gives? Is JB software available yet or not? If not, is that site a total scam?
    11-17-2011 10:41 AM
    I'm new to iPhone and am confused about something. This thread makes it sound like we can not yet JB our 4S. Yet there is a website (jailbreakiphone4s) that claims to have JB software for a mere $20. What gives? Is JB software available yet or not? If not, is that site a total scam?
    It is my understanding that JB is free, but there are people that offer it as a service. I believe most of the JB community eschews these 'services' and use the free method. Someone with more info/experience should know more.
    11-17-2011 11:12 AM
    I'm patienty waiting, yet I can't wait to have SBS settings and status bar notification icons. I'm also looking forward to tweaks that integrate into notification center while maintaining a stock look. I'm not into doing crazy themes and changes.
    11-17-2011 11:27 AM
101 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD