View Poll Results: Do you care for a jailbreak

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm dying for a jailbreak to be released for the 4s

143 68.10%
  • No, I don't care for a jailbreak the phone is perfect out the box.

35 16.67%
  • I'm undecided

32 15.24%
    I agree ... Anytime I've had a so called "bricked" iPhone ... Ya reboot it to put in DFU mode and viola ... You can restore the original firmware ....
    11-14-2011 11:55 PM
    You're speaking mindlessly about jail breaking...claiming that 3 of your friends bricked their iPhones from jail breaking them, and i'm telling you that is BS. Did they do something that screwed up their iPhone AFTER jail breaking it? Who knows! It's certainly a possibility, there are a lot of things you can get into that the average joe shouldn't touch after jail breaking an iPhone.

Here's the kicker though...jailbreaking the iPhone didn't make them do those things, it just gave them the ability to. Jailbreaking an i-device doesn't come with an automatic arm twist to customize things that could cause an iPhone to become unresponsive...and even in that scenario, the chance that a full restore would also not work is slim to none.

Take your IT education and cram it if you're going to strut around speaking blindly about how jail breaking iPhones screws them up, because you make it plainly obvious that you haven't the first clue what you're talking about when it comes to such...your post count has nothing to do with it, your asinine comments about jail breaking an iPhone is what speaks worlds about your knowledge on the subject.

And i repeat my comment again, so you can read it clearly...it is nearly impossible...if not FULLY impossible, to brick an iPhone because of the act of jail breaking it.

Correct, sounds like those phones were just in DFU mode or something like that which is easily fixed, I know absolutely nothing about computers and how they work etc. Yet I've been jailbreaking my phone for years now, all the problems I've had were from tweaks that had bugs in them, or mistakes I made, all correctable though.

The biggest problem I ever had with an iPhone was a couple months after I got my 3G in 08 and I didn't even know what jailbreaking was, one night the phone just rebooted by itself and froze up on the Apple logo, I lost all my info, had to restore the phone. I've never had that happen all the years I've been jailbroken, and iOS5 is as fast and reliable as ever running the semi-tethered JB.

All I can say to people who aren't jailbroken is yes, it's not necessary, but boy are you missing out, there's hundreds of tweaks just in Cydia allowing you to do things with your phone you never imagined. I use stuff that mostly adds to the functionality of the phone, and themes to make it look how I like it to look. The grid of mis-matching icons gets old after 4 years..
    11-15-2011 12:42 AM
    Wow Seanhrcc when I comes to taking things up the a** you really show them don't you!! Congrats you give a whole new meaning d***. Im a electrical engineer where should I cram that? I know in my bank account.
    11-15-2011 12:43 AM
    Look who's talking now ... Wow is all I can say... You need to earn respect around here and your newbie 30 something posts here hasn't earned squat ... Regardless of how long you've been a member ..... Just my .02 worth here... Let's keep it respectful shall we ? This is EXACTLY why I left cb
    Last edited by Cleveland; 11-15-2011 at 01:12 AM.
    11-15-2011 01:10 AM
    Have to agree. JB in itself is harmless. It's the "now what" that gets people in trouble as they go off exploring the various cydia tweaks. Or failure to follow directions properly. For that reason, i don't even bother recommending jb for friends & family. It'd just mean more support from me.
    11-15-2011 05:00 AM
    jailbreaks dont hurt iphones.... people hurt iPhones lol
    11-15-2011 06:22 AM
    Wow clevland thank for being so observant to my post count. My measly 30 post to 500 it show who really has things to do. The guy was making a reference to People he knows Seanhrcc has no right to belittle him and then you come in with respect I must gain at a forum. Really earn respect from someone whos post counts higher, I'm glad that respect should be referenced to the amount of post you make. I stand by what I said and the moderator can pm all she wants, about what I said I don't take it back at all he was being rude so I took it to te next level. I thought we were here to help no point out that I have more knowledge than you so your wrong or hey your post count is to low be quiet
    Last edited by bsanto9; 11-15-2011 at 03:39 PM.
    11-15-2011 03:31 PM
    Wow clevland thank for being so observant to my post count. My measly 30 post to 500 it show who really has things to do. The guy was making a reference to People he knows Seanhrcc has no right to belittle him and then you come in with respect I must gain at a forum. Really earn respect from someone whos post counts higher, I'm glad that respect should be referenced to the amount of post you make. I stand by what I said and the moderator can pm all she wants, about what I said I don't take it back at all he was being rude so I took it to te next level. I thought we were here to help no point out that I have more knowledge than you so your wrong or hey your post count is to low be quiet
    Wow Seanhrcc when I comes to taking things up the a** you really show them don't you!! Congrats you give a whole new meaning d***. Im a electrical engineer where should I cram that? I know in my bank account.
    Do i need some kind of cipher to decode your posts?

Anyways, thanks for taking it to the "next level". :o
    11-15-2011 04:00 PM
    What?

I couldn't care less about your post count. You'll get more credibility by using some basic rules of grammar. It doesn't take much effort.
    11-15-2011 04:01 PM
    Hahahahahaha I knew that would come up predictable it seems all forums use excuse . Love it. Oh Sean your still a. ****!
    Last edited by bsanto9; 11-15-2011 at 04:24 PM.
    11-15-2011 04:18 PM
    All my previous iOS devices-3Gs, iPad, and i4 were jailbroken. I dont really miss it, so I'm probably not going to jailbreak this 4S.
    11-15-2011 05:19 PM
    lets not flame eachother please guy's its like a warzone in here.

anyways again i see myself checking to see if there was a jailbreak released but no cigar lol

in the end we're all here for the same reason, and its to learn more information. its your choice how you want to take that information...

you don't have to listen or believe everything you see or read...
    11-16-2011 01:48 AM
    actually I don't really care about jailbreak.. well I'm not that desperate without any jailbreak.. we can buy the apps plus I'm not a gamers so.. it's kind of a plus for me
    11-16-2011 04:13 AM
    i just want to change my carrier name... thats all
    11-16-2011 06:23 AM
    I have owned 3 iPhones and have yet to jailbreak any of them haha.. dont need the extra stuff that the jailbreak offers and also the things it messes up
    I'm with you on this one noaim. Even prior to purchasing my 4S when I was still in my "should I or shouldn't I" stages, I pretty much decided this is something I wouldn't be doing.

I've seen quite a few ss's of JB devices with the themes and colors you can add and they look really nice, but I just don't want to get into tweaking all that. I honestly really enjoy the 4S right outta box
    11-16-2011 08:57 AM
    The only thing I miss is the five icon row........
    11-16-2011 09:08 AM
    Personally, I don't find a jailbreak to be necessary to get the functionality I want from my device. Rooting an Android device is a different story, though.
    11-16-2011 10:30 AM
    Doing just fine without it
    11-16-2011 10:35 AM
    I miss mywi,pdanet, my3g, winterboard themes, bitesms, infinidock, folder enhancer. I have been using and jailbreaking iphones since I had my iphone 3g in 2008.
    11-16-2011 10:49 AM
    THEMES!!!!!!

i want them and want to make them
    11-16-2011 10:50 AM
    I'm managing without the jailbreak for now, but I'm making a whole bunch of compromises to make the device work like how I had my 4 setup. Keeping in mind that I use my phone as my primary work phone, that tells you how stable a jailbreak can be if you stick with the tried and true tweaks to get better functionality. The tweaks I'm missing are:

- MailEnhancer, this tweak allows to you to totally customize your email with different signatures, unique alert tones and even an icon indicating new email in the banner. Since I use my phone specifically for work, I need to have an official looking signature in all my work emails with all the proper contact info. However, I don't want to have that same signature going out with all personal email as well. I was hoping iOS 5 would offer this functionality, but not luck...it's like Apple wants us to have no more than one email account on our phone at any one time. I also like to have a unique alert tone to let me know when an work email comes in, so I know to check it right away. If its a personal email...no rush.

- AnyAttach, allows me to attach files to an email right from the Mail app...even replies. It even allows me to attach files right from my Dropbox, a extremely useful feature. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten an email from a coworker or my boss asking me if I had copy of some file and I just couldn't hit reply and attach the file. Starting an entire new email from within another app to respond to an email is a pain and gives no context to an email chain.

- SBSettings, toggles to quickly adjust almost any setting on the phone on the fly. Very convenient and even though I have done the Icon Project tweak mentioned earlier to replicate some the functionality, it just isn't the same.

- BiteSMS, the best replacement for the stock messaging program. Lots of features, including the ability to quickly reply to a message in the alert popup, without exiting out of the app you are currently in. Also the ability to quick compose a message by tapping the volume button.

I can pretty much live without any other tweaks that a jailbreak offers, but the ones above are essential to me. In fact, those are features found on most other smartphones just not in iOS. Let's be honest, multiple email accounts and attachments are standard on all other platforms and the fact I have to jailbreak to replicate them...ridiculous.
    11-16-2011 10:51 AM
    SBSettings, 5 icon dock, and Make it Mine. When I hear these are working I'll jailbreak.
    11-16-2011 10:54 AM
    I got the tethered jailbreak on my iPod Touch but left my 4S alone.
    Last edited by Alli; 11-16-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Piracy discussion is not tolerated
    11-16-2011 10:58 AM
    I recently picked up a 4S and an iPad2 after spending many, many years on Blackberry. I don't think I ever had a BB that I didn't alter so I'm probably going to JB my iPhone. Being new to the iOS world, can someone tell me some of the benefits of JB. I've seen several posts about 5 icons in the dock so I get that. I'm also assuming that if I JB my devices that I can drag and drop files over USB without going through iTunes. What other cool things might JB allow me to do?
    11-16-2011 11:23 AM
    actually im correct it happened right when they clicked the button to jailbreak buddy you sure do act like you know it all? your wrong on this one though I know that much
    You're wrong. He was correcting you.
    11-16-2011 11:27 AM
101 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD