Anyone purchasing ITunes Match?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So basically you can match your library in the cloud and play it anywhere with having zero music synced to your phone locally ?

If so if say you don't have a good signal or say a iPad wifi version but have no wifi you can't play your music ?

Isn't this like making your own pandora library? lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what the purpose of it really is. I have like 500 songs and my laptop shares library with iMac which syncs with phone and iPad. I also cant comprehend someone having more than 25,000 songs lol. To each his own I guess.

I have quite a bit more music then you however I feel the same way my music is already on everything

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
So basically you can match your library in the cloud and play it anywhere with having zero music synced to your phone locally ?

If so if say you don't have a good signal or say a iPad wifi version but have no wifi you can't play your music ?

Not to mention google lets you host 20k songs for free?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

You have to download, it doesn't stream.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Reactions: BreakingKayfabe

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I may get it just to convert music I've downloaded for free and ripped from CD's so I can get the iTunes type quality. It's really the only reason I'd pay for it once.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
For $25 I can upload my music 1000 x's quicker than two nights. I'm part of the caffeinated society that wants things done quickly.

Yeah I would rather have the $25 to spend on coffee. I am pretty bad when it comes to wanting things yesterday but I am willing to give the free app a chance. I don't have that many songs anyway.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had google music since it was beta, it's always been glitchy.

Today, I gave it another try with the public release. I tried to upload a playlist of 40 songs, it took over an hour, then gave me an error saying 11 couldn't be uploaded. I clicked to see which ones and NONE of the 11 are even in the playlist it was uploading!!

I downloaded the music I had on there, over 500 songs, and put them in iTunes. It matched what it could, uploaded the others and was done in about 15 minutes!

I can have something free that I've always found to be a PIA, or pay $25 for something that works....I love iTunes Match.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If u upload it and download not stream it what's the point why not just load it too your phone ?

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
If u upload it and download not stream it what's the point why not just load it too your phone ?

When it's in the cloud, you can add music to your phone anywhere. You don't have to be on the same wifi network, or hooked to your computer.

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
how do playlists work? if i change something in 1 playlist is that playlist changed on all of my other devices that have that playlist as well? if i want to set it up on 3 devices and a few computers do i have to do anything besides enable match on them to get it to work?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73