i'd say 32gb is the one to get, its a hundred more and you get twice the memory. and yes if your not going to put music on it it will save you alot of room, music takes up roughly 100 songs per gb. but apps, definately can take up room. i have the 32gb ipad 2, and each app takes up a different amount of space, i have some that take up 15kb of space up to some that take up a gb and a half. 220 apps takes up 18gb alone of space on my device. pictures and documents are not too significant though unless you get into the 1,000's. 32 just gives you breathing room i think. movies also take up alot of space.
    and like someone above says, 32gb has a much greater resale value in it because its not longer the "cheapest" iphone out there.

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5
    11-15-2011 10:16 AM
    My ipod is 160GB. I filled a 16GB ipod in no time. I had won the 16GB in a contest so I had no idea how much music I would add. Once I found archive.org for music and then started using the Youtube to mp3 converter this year, I have added a lot of music to the 160 GB but still have tons of space. I don't mind keeping the separate ipod for music only and not on the phone. It is a habit now so it is not a problem to have two devices. I do use the BB Tour(finally blew up a trackball just 2 days before iphone4s came out and now have a re-furb!!grrr!) and have a lot of photos on it. BB apps are useless so hardly any of those. I have to believe I might get app-crazy with an iphone. This thread has been helpful. Please continue to share further ideas. Thanks.
    11-15-2011 10:22 AM
    Because the iPhone (as is the iPod) is very far from being the ideal music playing device. Believe me, I own an iPod (which I never use anymore) and the only thing good about iDevices concerning music is the fact that they play a lossless format. However, they fail so spectacularly when it comes to equalizers because of the dreadful preset options. Seriously, Apple devices don't hold a candle to Sony Walkmans, let alone audiophile-quality players. Simply put, iPods/iPhones have a really weak amplifier that can't fully drive any half-decent headphones. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing Apple in general. I love my MBP and it's great for producing music but portable Apple devices suck at anything music-related. It's kind of hinted at when they package the worst earbuds in the world with the products. :P
    05-12-2013 08:07 PM
    I know they suck so bad that they made apple billions.. I know you like your theory but think about it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    05-12-2013 09:25 PM
    iTunes Match is the reason I don't have a 32gb iPhone. I keep most of my music there and save the space on my device. I spend $25 on iTunes Match vs an extra $100 for 32gb iPhone.
    05-12-2013 09:30 PM
    Always roll with 32 GB
    05-12-2013 09:31 PM
    What he said. Better safe than sorry. And resale value will be better. 32gb model is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    05-12-2013 10:31 PM
    Have the 4s 16g, and can't believe how much more I can put on it.
    Pushing 60 apps and over 250 in pic's.
    25 albums
    And still not half way through space.
    And welcome.
    05-13-2013 08:02 AM
    As a general rule of thumb, 45 minutes of video recorded on a 4s takes up about 7gb of storage.

16gb would suffice, assuming you don't have like a million photos. Apps on the iphone don't really take up that much space. Go with 32gb if you want to have a little extra as backup. 64 would be overkill, unless you have a ton of music to store as well.
    05-13-2013 10:27 AM
    I've had my 16GB 4S for over a year now and wish I had gotten a 32. Unlike the OP I chose to carry only one device and phased out my iPod but I still don't go nuts with music - at any time between Music.app or Spotify Offline I only usually have about 2 GBs of music on my phone. What starts to kill you on a 16 GB is photos, video, podcasts, and apps.

I'm making it work but I find that a lot of times I need to go through and clean house. It's not the worst thing in the world by far but still far from ideal.
    05-13-2013 03:35 PM
    I have 64GB on my iPhone 4S for my music and photos. Made the mistake of getting the iPad 2 with only 16GB when I should have got 32GBs. Sometimes it is better to be safe than sorry later, if you can afford to buy the needed GBs. 😊
    05-17-2013 08:57 PM
    If not secret how many apps and music did you download to cover 4.5 GB? im just willing to buy an iphone 4s with 16GB too and i don't know whether to buy 32 or 16?
    I know 32 would be better but i'm not the app kinda person like i would download 2 or 3 apps and like 54 songs and thats all i dont think any more so what would you recommend.
    It will be appreciated
    09-22-2013 05:29 AM
    If not secret how many apps and music did you download to cover 4.5 GB? im just willing to buy an iphone 4s with 16GB too and i don't know whether to buy 32 or 16?
    I know 32 would be better but i'm not the app kinda person like i would download 2 or 3 apps and like 54 songs and thats all i dont think any more so what would you recommend.
    It will be appreciated
    It really depends on the type of app your download. If you just want Facebook, Twitter and the like they won't take up much space. Same goes for simple games. But if you want some of the big games like Infinity blade, real racing or other racing games, they are over 1GB each.
    09-22-2013 10:39 AM
    I bought the 32gb i5 and happy I did. I just like to have the extra room if needed IMHO.

I don't want to get to the point where I have to delete stuff to make room

My 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone
    09-22-2013 10:55 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD