1xRTT displays as 3G?

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
how come 1xRTT(2.5G) displays as 3G when I am roaming? isn't 1xRTT 2.5G?.....also how come facetime can't connect when I am roaming on 1xRTT? it says facetime can only connect on 3G or Wi-Fi, why not on 1xRTT even though it displays 3G?

bhappy11

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't feel bad. I haven't t switched to the I-phone yet.. but my Evo is doing the same thing lately.
it shows signal bars as almost full...but get the 1rx you are getting. I have been with sprint for 11 years... the last year things have really gone down hill. Dropped calls recently( I have never had thatbefore) text message issues, etc..
I read on a blog where tons were complaining of sprints service.. they say it has something to do with sprint not renewing roaming contracts with Verizon.... how true that is I do not know.. I do know that their service has really gone down hill... just last night at 9p.m. pulled. .02mb! No wonder I couldn't look
Best Buys email they sent me.

I get the 1rx alot now.. reason I am looking to Verizon or at&t in the future and will be going to the I-phone then.

Last edited:

bhappy11

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Interesting article from local Wdiv 4 TV station. A test ran from a company called root metric.

Here is what they had to say about Sprint..

Sprint may offer more consumer-friendly 4G data plans than AT&T or Verizon -- but there's a performance tradeoff. RootMetrics found "a significant disparity between cities where Sprint had WiMAX available and those where WiMAX was either not present or access to it proved sporadic. For instance, Sprint delivered a market-best average download speed of 4.6 Mbps in WiMAX-enabled Kansas City, while recording a noticeably slow 0.5 Mbps in non-WiMAX Buffalo."

If you like to post or live-stream audio or video from your phone to the Internet, you probably care about upload speeds -- which means you might want to avoid Sprint, unless it offers a WiMAX network in your city.

"Sprint's average upload speeds were consistently slow. Sprint was the only carrier to never record an average upload speed above 1.0 Mbps in any of the markets we tested," said the report.

This explains some issues trying to send pictures. Upload speed wise.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
FaceTime can only work on wifi period atleast if your not jail broke

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that is true cuz I have friends who have the iPad 2 with 3G and Wi-Fi and can use it on both also my friends say they can use Faeroe on their iPhone 4S and use it on 3G all the time....if that is the case then I will just download Qik

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
FaceTime can only work on wifi period atleast if your not jail broke

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

this is completely not true.. apple flipped the switch to allow it its now on the carriers to flip the switch some carriers it works and some it doesnt. I dont know if any us carriers allow it but I know of 2 out of country that do..

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
No none of the us carriers allow FaceTime over 3G. They all require wifi. No one knows when a jailbreak will be available.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
why can't I just use an iPhone 4 jailbreak on the 4S? Will Qik work on 3G with the iPhone 4S? if not there is no point in getting it all of my friends prefer video-calling me over regular calling me

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2