Contact Merge Program

RonNDallas

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I've looked and researched and do not seem to find a way to simply merge duplicate contacts. Yahoo mail has a quick, merge duplicate contacts program that runs easily through you contacts, groups them for you and will delete all duplicates. Due to sync'ing etc, I know have over 4,000 contacts some with 71 listing for the same person. Surely, apple has an easy for this that I'm missing. Any help to a newbe would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Ron

This answer may be out there already, please excuse me if it is.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've looked and researched and do not seem to find a way to simply merge duplicate contacts. Yahoo mail has a quick, merge duplicate contacts program that runs easily through you contacts, groups them for you and will delete all duplicates. Due to sync'ing etc, I know have over 4,000 contacts some with 71 listing for the same person. Surely, apple has an easy for this that I'm missing. Any help to a newbe would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Ron

This answer may be out there already, please excuse me if it is.

I had the same issue and merged the duplicates on the computer. That was the only way I could find to fix the issue. I use a Mac so I am not sure what the steps would be on a PC. From a Mac open contacts at the top select "card" then select "look for duplicates". Once you do that the computer will perform a merge and all will be right again.

Hopefully this helps with your situation.

Reactions: RonNDallas

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
thank you for your help. i was i did have a mac, but I'm using a toshiba laptop/pc/ just my luck,
Ron

couldnt you export your contacts then import them into yahoo then merge them then export them from yahoo and import them onto your computer?