Anyone else having issues with calls connecting?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, after a ridiculous lost of temper and sobbing for ten minutes, Im now just waiting for my Apple girl to call me back. I have a new SIM, set up completely new, and not only has the same problem still been occurring, it's actually worse now.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Well, after a ridiculous lost of temper and sobbing for ten minutes, Im now just waiting for my Apple girl to call me back. I have a new SIM, set up completely new, and not only has the same problem still been occurring, it's actually worse now.

What do you mean by worse?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I think it's time for a new phone, sim, and account as your brand new RO rule out any account serial whatever numbers. Geez sucks no one just wants to try.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
APPLE wants to try. lol. Apple's been wanting to try for a month. ATT has been the lone holdout.

Worse meaning I had 10 fail and 3 success. And by fail I mean I have no idea if it rang on the other end.

Tonight my husband got more involved. We hadn't tried swapping sims for a while, a month actually, because we did that before we started running all the tests a month ago and it didn't give make a difference. When we did it tonight--briefly--I had him making the calls while I was in the other room, then we swapped. When my SIM was in his phone, flawless. Mind you we only made a call each on that phone. Then we put his back in mine, and both were failures. Meaning it rang at the house. We heard whoever was using my phone to make the call (meaning me hearing him when he called the house, and him hearing me when I called the house) but the person on the iPhone heard themselves and only themselves as if they were on a speakerphone alone.

His "professional" opinion is that either this phone is corrupt now because of all this mess, my account is the issue as we've thought all along OR there's actually a higher level talkpath problem that the engineers so far have not been able to get to. When he was still with BigRed, there were three very specific (and EXTREMELY well paid) guys that handled this exclusively. He assumes the same is the case at ATT though he doesn't regularly work with them at ATT now like he did at big red.

Tomorrow I am going to compile my husband, the Apple Engineer, the ATT engineer I've been most in contact with, and myself and we're going to figure out what to do next. I think what I want to try first is to have the phone replaced on a new account, and if that works fine, then port the current number to that, and if that continues to work, then we know it's not my number. Then we get this very expensive talkpath individual on the horn and say "ok now it's on you fix it. fix it. fixitfixitfixit fixit." Just like that. Because that would not be annoying. lol

BUT my husband thinks it's talkpath, and is willing to go with an entire hardware replacement as a start.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would have left AT&T and ported the number by now .. I don't see why they don't just set you fresh and port the number unless that don't fix it but if it does then they can take there time figuring out there prob not at your expense .. I just hope your not paying a dime for service since you can't really use your phone

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Port it to where? Sprint is not an option, and frankly neither is Verizon. That leaves ATT.

Oh Im paying. And they'll be reimbursing me.

They can't really give us a real reason why they wouldn't just start with account change and stuff from the get go, the only reason we get is that the other two lines work fine. So that would mean line, right? I mean, they've skipped past basic trouble-shooting.

jsigler

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have Sprint and notice a big uptick in calls that go no where compared to my last phone (a BB9650). The iPhone is also having trouble with the calls coming in. One ring, or maybe just a voice mail indicator showing up but never a call.
This isn't anywhere near every call, just often enough to have noticed it happens, not enough for me to take the 2-4 days out of my life to sift through the countless CSR's with Sprint till I find one who can fix both my original problem and all the problems everyone else created as they tried to fix the first.
What is annoying me right now is the voice mails come long after the call, often the next day.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Port it to where? Sprint is not an option, and frankly neither is Verizon. That leaves ATT.

Oh Im paying. And they'll be reimbursing me.

They can't really give us a real reason why they wouldn't just start with account change and stuff from the get go, the only reason we get is that the other two lines work fine. So that would mean line, right? I mean, they've skipped past basic trouble-shooting.

Why not Verizon ? Just curious

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Cost is one, it's CDMA and I don't really want to go back to CDMA, and I don't want to buy all new phones for all three lines.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got home with a new phone, new number, new sim, new account, and so far so good. We are going to try to port the number over, but since I was waiting on Apple to call me back,I decided to put last night's new SIM on my regular number inside this phone. I have completed 12 calls with 100% success rate. So when I spoke with Apple, we decided to try this for the weekend, I will keep track of all fails and successes and report back to both parties Monday or Tuesday. Sometimes it takes a few hours or days to freak. If at any time the failures start up, I will get them involved, and we will attempt to port my number to the new account. If it never does, we shut off the new account and we call it done.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Cost is one, it's CDMA and I don't really want to go back to CDMA, and I don't want to buy all new phones for all three lines.

Oh makes since I've just never have issues with them been with them since they were air touch makes since about buying all new phones thou

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
ive had them, I was never just wowwed. My husband worked for big red for 12 or 13 years, back to the MCI/Worldcom days even. I am not "thrilled" to be with att but til the last two months had zero issue. The theft of my 4 and the replacement with a 4s has been a pain though for two months.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I just got home with a new phone, new number, new sim, new account, and so far so good. We are going to try to port the number over, but since I was waiting on Apple to call me back,I decided to put last night's new SIM on my regular number inside this phone. I have completed 12 calls with 100% success rate. So when I spoke with Apple, we decided to try this for the weekend, I will keep track of all fails and successes and report back to both parties Monday or Tuesday. Sometimes it takes a few hours or days to freak. If at any time the failures start up, I will get them involved, and we will attempt to port my number to the new account. If it never does, we shut off the new account and we call it done.

First off, I hope this is fixed for you finally.

I understand why a new phone number, new sim, new account and new phone would work. What I don't understand is how new sim from old phone number (from previous night) works in new iphone now. Didn't you try using your new sim from old number on your husband's iphone and it worked initially then stopped working?

Is the "solution" a new iphone, which was first activated on a new account with a new phone number and then replaced with a new sim card (from old number that was re-provisoned) afterwards?

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear. Good luck hopefully this works. My issues persisted of the 4S having no service I'm both places last night while my brothers 4 had 1-2 bars so unfortunately looks like me and Att are done