First off, I hope this is fixed for you finally.

I understand why a new phone number, new sim, new account and new phone would work. What I don't understand is how new sim from old phone number (from previous night) works in new iphone now. Didn't you try using your new sim from old number on your husband's iphone and it worked initially then stopped working?

Is the "solution" a new iphone, which was first activated on a new account with a new phone number and then replaced with a new sim card (from old number that was re-provisoned) afterwards?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Thank you, we are hopeful too. While it's likely my phones were all from one batch that was bad, I don't honestly believe that. When we tested the SIMs on Thursday, the sim worked fine in my husbands 4. His sim did NOT work well in my phone.

We think the "solution" is that we activated a new account first/new SIM first/new number before we ever started up with a phone. THEN we did the phone after that was done and we had tested the phone with the new account--no success.

I have had my sim for my regular account and regular number in the phone since about 9 last night and I have made 26 successful outbound calls (meaning it rang on my end) since then on that SIM and not one fail.

So...we are not sure if it's the phone, if my old SIM/whatever was frying the phone, which he said can happen and does happen, or if we activated it as new and then tried to use the old sim. But I have the backup SIM for the new account/number sitting here in my envelope of notes, and if I start throwing fails Ill swap the cards.

What a long 2 months.
    Last edited by ame; 12-17-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    12-17-2011 12:56 PM
    So it's been a few days since you last updated this thread. Are things still working?

12-20-2011 07:27 AM
    yep. I have had a few random weird things like an incoming one rang 1/2 a time, before voicemail, and then a few outbound just took a little longer than normal to connect. But for the most part every call is connecting, and only a few weird text failures. Im thinking that if someone is sending you one at the same time you hit send then it will fail. I talked to the engineer yesterday, she asked me to keep track til Thursday. If by Thursday Im still fail-free we'll close it out and then cancel the other account and Ill log any failed calls like I had been doing.
    12-20-2011 02:36 PM
    ame, i have been reading your thread with the issues you've been having !! dear lord its been a looooong run for you, but from what i can see you've finally have calls working for you

I'm glad to see your back in biz, hopefully all will remain well for you now
    12-20-2011 03:50 PM
    ME. TOO. Hopefully Thursday comes and nothing new has occurred. I have yet to see any credit on my bill and my payment is set to come out on Thursday. So Ill make sure that they credit that!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-20-2011 04:24 PM
    Just FWIW I see the failed text when your sending as receiving also.

12-20-2011 09:24 PM
    I did some tinkering around on here the other night and it looks like it's an iOS5 issue. It makes no difference if its SMS or iMessage either and it's annoying!

I have only had a few calls that took a little long to connect and ring in the last few days. So hopefully we're good. Im going to call them this afternoon after I test a few more and see what they all think.
    12-22-2011 10:53 AM
    I hope you got everything figure out. I'm on AT&T and haven't had any issues. My call clarity is amazing!
    12-22-2011 10:56 AM
108 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD