Anyone else having issues with calls connecting?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
ALL FOUR of these stupid phones I have had (oh yes, I am on #4, and my 6th SIM) has had issues connecting, even on the rare occurrence that they actually HAVE a signal showing. It says "calling" whatever Im calling but no sound, no ring, no nothing. I don't know if it's connected and they can't hear me or what. It sometimes takes several tries to go through. ATT store just changes the SIM and sends me to Apple, which tells me that ATT needs to change my SIM again.

Anyone else have this issue?

tnrambler

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
On Sprint. Getting better reception than on my previous phone and I have had no problems with calls not connecting. Sorry you're having all the problems.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Wtf is wrong with these phones! It has to be related to when my first one wouldn't activate

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
it's AT&T's sucky network that is why they need T-Mobile.... antagonist sprint never drops or not connects....you could call up and threaten to leave for Verizon or Sprint if they don't fix it and talk to technical support they should be the ones handling your problem not a CSR(customer service rep.)

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
it's AT&T's sucky network that is why they need T-Mobile.... antagonist sprint never drops or not connects....you could call up and threaten to leave for Verizon or Sprint if they don't fix it and talk to technical support they should be the ones handling your problem not a CSR(customer service rep.)

:rolleyes: there is no crappier network than Sprint, AT&T is not crappy, you won't get anywhere near the 3G speeds with Sprint

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
hey Cleveland try living in California AT&T sucks CDMA is the way to go in the West Coast and East Coast but anyway look at AT&T's and Sprint's voice and data maps for the whole Sprint has coverage even in the smallest town without roaming and when we do roam is rare.....AT&T on the otherhand spotty coverage all over the coverage map and they have no roaming partners plus you don't get 3G everywhere.....Sprint has 3G in the middle of nowhere......never have dropped calls and T-Mobile dropped them(AT&T) as a roaming partner 2 years ago because people were complaining that when they roamed on AT&T their calls would get dropped or they had like a bar and that they wouldn't get 3G so T-Mobile expanded

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I travel for a living I was all up and down the West Coast about 6 weeks ago, and I has coverage everywhere ... I had coverage when half the people I was with (who have vzw) didn't lol I have no issues with them at all

And PS eventually the two CDMA carriers here will be GSM ... Verizon's 4G/LTE is lol

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

:rolleyes: there is no crappier network than Sprint, AT&T is not crappy, you won't get anywhere near the 3G speeds with Sprint

I fired Sprint in February, one of the MANY reasons, calls would drop or not complete. I am not leave ATT for Sprint or Verizon. I never had this issue with my iphone4, which is why I want to know why my 4s is not working.

Further, I was in California for two weeks driving down the coast from Oregon and with sprint we barely ever had a signal. So if we had an emergency we would've been screwed.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

You say that AT&T's network is bad but yet you tried to obtain service with them, why? I don't bother with a carrier that can't even get a signal where all 3 other carriers do in my area, which is a big reason why I won't ever go with Sprint.

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a gay twin brother he looks exactly like except his name is Ariel(masculine) and I am Arielle(feminine) and we are different sexes anyways I am done with my schpeel all I can say is it's AT&T's fault not yours or Apple's and Sprint roams on Verizon so I always have coverage and I live on the coast but hardly ever roam on Verizon

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have AT&T on the West Coast and I have outstanding coverage. I also carry a work-related Blackberry 3G on the Sprint network and that phone gets crappy coverage! I use both phones daily and can attest to the spotty Sprint "coverage."

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a gay twin brother he looks exactly like except his name is Ariel(masculine) and I am Arielle(feminine) and we are different sexes anyways I am done with my schpeel all I can say is it's AT&T's fault not yours or Apple's and Sprint roams on Verizon so I always have coverage and I live on the coast but hardly ever roam on Verizon

I am still calling BS. You're trolling here. Get your life in order, then go buy your phone.

Anyway...

I spent an hour at the Apple store with a poor Genius soul and we spent most of that hour on the phone with ATT while the Genius did diagnostics. There was a problem with the phone itself AND with my ATT account. The IMEI was not the same on ATT's end as it was on my phone. She fixed that, and one issue was resolved. The Genius was able to fix the hardware issue, and I believe I am back in bizness.

eaglebqh

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes - I've been having an intgermittent problem getting outbound calls to connect. I'll make a call - get absolute deadzone - wait - wait - wait - finally end call, try again and usually on the 2nd or 3rd attempt it'll connect. I've been with ATT / Cingular for 20 years and absolutely no complaints historically - has worked great!

StefR

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issues (AT&T). I'll place a call and wait and it will do nothing but say connecting. Sometimes it connects after a long time and other times I just cancel and try again.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes - I've been having an intgermittent problem getting outbound calls to connect. I'll make a call - get absolute deadzone - wait - wait - wait - finally end call, try again and usually on the 2nd or 3rd attempt it'll connect. I've been with ATT / Cingular for 20 years and absolutely no complaints historically - has worked great!

I'm having the same issues (AT&T). I'll place a call and wait and it will do nothing but say connecting. Sometimes it connects after a long time and other times I just cancel and try again.

Go to the Apple store (make appt) and have a Genius check the hardware. IF that isn't it, have them call ATT technical support at 800-331-0500 and push #6 for tech support. It took a longass time to get it worked out but perhaps you are having issues with your IMEI number also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods