darn.. was hoping you'd get the new Blackberry 9900 and head over to Crackberry.com instead..
    I literally laughed out loud at that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Rockdog97 likes this.
    11-12-2011 07:50 AM
    So, Im back to having connection issues again, I spent another half hour on the phone with ATT, and they told me that I need to take it back to Apple because it's hardware. This is absolutely ridiculous. I don't have time to keep going back and forth every other damn day.
    11-15-2011 01:03 PM
    So, Im back to having connection issues again, I spent another half hour on the phone with ATT, and they told me that I need to take it back to Apple because it's hardware. This is absolutely ridiculous. I don't have time to keep going back and forth every other damn day.
    After your next trip to Apple, IF you have issues again and have to call AT&T make sure younger a supervisor who'll certainly understand the gravity of the situation ... I have had no issues at all whatsoever with AT&T ....
    11-15-2011 01:38 PM
    I am going to call Apple as soon as my coworkers get back from lunch so I can have a backup on the phones, but I am pretty much figuring that they'll tell me it's AT&T again. This is getting really obnoxious.
    11-15-2011 01:41 PM
    go into the Apple store
    11-15-2011 02:32 PM
    I am going to call Apple as soon as my coworkers get back from lunch so I can have a backup on the phones, but I am pretty much figuring that they'll tell me it's AT&T again. This is getting really obnoxious.
    I have 2 co workers with AT&T, and they are both having connection issues. One of them has a 3GS, and the other has a 4.
    11-15-2011 03:03 PM
    Maybe it's more than just me then...Hm. My husband's 4 is fine. My coworkers have 3Gs and all seem ok also. It doesn't seem to matter where I am, I actually was thinking maybe it was my house, but it's not making any difference. But Ill be calling tonight, I sat on the phone with a lovely senior tech before he said something about connecting to iTunes and I said "oh crap, I am not at the computer I sync with til tonight." SOOO I might be doing that, and then we will all do this threeway situation with Apple and ATT again.
    11-15-2011 03:17 PM
    Maybe it's more than just me then...Hm. My husband's 4 is fine. My coworkers have 3Gs and all seem ok also. It doesn't seem to matter where I am, I actually was thinking maybe it was my house, but it's not making any difference. But Ill be calling tonight, I sat on the phone with a lovely senior tech before he said something about connecting to iTunes and I said "oh crap, I am not at the computer I sync with til tonight." SOOO I might be doing that, and then we will all do this threeway situation with Apple and ATT again.
    it sounds like at&t has to reset up your account. I think something is corrupt on there end if you ask me..
    11-15-2011 05:05 PM
    That's where I am about now. I am seriously gonna snap and cuss someone out soon if they tell me again that it's Apple hardware. Texting works fine. Email works fine. Twitter and FB work fine. PHONE CALLS DO NOT WORK FINE. Therefore I am pointing away from hardware, esp being that I am not on the original one that didn't work.
    11-15-2011 08:49 PM
    Right now I am restoring to Factory again, and then we'll start with the apple stuff before we call in ATT again.
    11-15-2011 08:50 PM
    Nothing. Is. Working.
    11-15-2011 09:56 PM
    Wow. This is huge. I have ATT and Apple ENGINEERS. WHAT IS WRONG.
    11-15-2011 10:42 PM
    So I have tracking tickets from Apple and from ATT from their actual engineers, not techs. Somewhere in there, I hope this is solved. I hope by Friday.
    11-15-2011 11:30 PM
    I made about 9 calls on the phone with both people, so they could hear it. I called my house, my sister, my parents, work, a few friends with other networks and Nordstrom. I wanted land and cell lines. All but one would actually ring on my phone and on the other end. But all rang on the other end from what I understand. I got about 10 texts asking wtf happened afterwards. What the diagnostics on Apple's end shows is that ZERO calls were made, completed, connected, period. Nothing. No bugs show, not a single issue comes up on any diagnostic they run. They can send you a text to do a remote log in to your phone, like a logmein or rescue or whatever. So you do that, they hackadoo in your phone and go lookin for stuffs. They see that I can read that there is a bug, but the bug shows no data or reasoning. On ATT they see that there was a call of about 3 seconds, thereabouts made, and confirmed the numbers and call times, but the other end can't be heard, I can't hear the ringing, nothing. Of those calls ONLY ONE gives a call failed issue.

I suppose between the two they will figure it out with all these people involved. I really thought it was all good on Friday, but since Saturday it's been a hot mess. I only made two calls Sunday, only one of them connected ok. Usually calling my mom works fine. SHes so thrilled for me to use her for testing purposes.

It only appears to be OUTGOING.
    11-15-2011 11:43 PM
    Just an update: Still no resolution on this. Apple and I have a plan, we're just waiting on the AT&T Engineers to have time to work on it again. We're probably going to freeze my current number on my account and start with a new phone, new SIM, new account, and new number and move my current number over if that solves the problem.
    11-28-2011 04:08 PM
    Or........you could just go with Verizon and be done with it. They're flailing around at this point.
    11-28-2011 04:28 PM
    Or........you could just go with Verizon and be done with it. They're flailing around at this point.
    Hell to the No.
    11-28-2011 05:43 PM
    Just an update: Still no resolution on this. Apple and I have a plan, we're just waiting on the AT&T Engineers to have time to work on it again. We're probably going to freeze my current number on my account and start with a new phone, new SIM, new account, and new number and move my current number over if that solves the problem.

That's a helluva an idea... I hope if you have unlimited data they grandfather it back in for you
    11-28-2011 10:15 PM
    I have Verizon and mine does the same exact thing. The call receiver will hear the phone ring, but nothing on my end. I redial and the call goes thru. My daughter has the IP 4 and her's works fine, My 4S doesn't. It doesn't happen every call, but maybe 1 out of 4. It doesn't matter if my WIFI is on or not, if I'm at home, in the car or work. VERY VERY irritating.
    11-29-2011 07:24 AM
    That's a helluva an idea... I hope if you have unlimited data they grandfather it back in for you
    I don't but I don't need it either. I don't go near 2GB. My main concern is losing this phone number, which is tied to my business and will require a reprint of $thousands in printed material.

I have Verizon and mine does the same exact thing. The call receiver will hear the phone ring, but nothing on my end. I redial and the call goes thru. My daughter has the IP 4 and her's works fine, My 4S doesn't. It doesn't happen every call, but maybe 1 out of 4. It doesn't matter if my WIFI is on or not, if I'm at home, in the car or work. VERY VERY irritating.
    I am curious what ATT will tell us, Apple is resigned that it's a package problem, as in, all of it is messed up, and s tarting fresh will hopefully fix it. But we'll see what happens. It's still open at ATT, and clearly it's not a priority that someone's phone work. Apple is all over them though.
    Last edited by ame; 11-29-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    11-29-2011 09:42 AM
    SO...here's the latest update. Not only is this still an issue, but my texts are now failing to send and requiring me to resend them as well. I'd say about 1/3 of them are needing to be resent. Doesn't matter if it is a text or an iMessage either, nor does it matter which carrier.

NOTHING has really happened since I ran traceroutes on November 16. NOTHING. Apple and I have called ATT repeatedly, and found out that nothing has been done, so and so in engineering is the next person, well so and so hasn't returned anyone's call. So I lost it the other night when I found out that not only did ATT not work with the Apple Engineers when Apple FINALLY got one on the phone again because I was not on the phone, AND yknow, it's not like you don't have my damn PHONE NUMBER to CALL ME and resolve that small hiccup. I mean I know that's foreign and all. Not only was that an issue but someone at ATT saw that there was a date of Resolution "service level agreement" for December 8, and CLOSED THE TICKET. Just decided it was done. Wasnt but thanks. So when I found that out from Apple yesterday I went off the deep end. I found the CEO's email address, I found their Better Business Bureau email department...and I emailed about 20 people. The CEO's office called me within 10 minutes of that email, because I reminded them that THEY mentioned SLA. It had been explained to ME that that means if it's not resolved by that aforementioned date, that my contract with them is violated, and I can leave no questions asked with all three lines.

That must have been enough panic because I had that call IMMEDIATELY. And within 15 minutes another exec called me. And within 45 minutes a senior tech called. And this morning on a Saturday the original traceroute engineer called me. Only to tell me that we have to run all our traceroutes again because the senior engineering team said they were no longer valid being a month old.

Let's say that didn't get the happy response I think she expected. She's not the problem, so I did apologize. But I told her that I can give her my list of fail and success calls for the last month since I've actually kept notes of that. I also told her that those are only the calls I make on that phone bec I've had to use other phones to make my calls.

I left another message at teh CEO's office and told him that I am giving them til Tuesday to make this fix occur. Otherwise we're going with Apple's plan.
    12-10-2011 03:41 PM
    ame- I am completely shocked at the problem you are having with your 4S and ATT. I really hope you get a resolution on this.

I wonder what would happen if you took your microsim out of your 4S and turned off your husband's, iphone 4 and put your microsim in the 4 and booted it up. I would expect your number now to be active in your husbands iphone 4. I also wonder if you tried the same process with your husband's microsim card in your iphone 4S. I have swapped microsim cards with sim adapters in different iphone 3G, 3Gs, 4 (as well as non iphones) before when troubleshooting phone issues. I havent had to call customer service to change anything. Once powered down and put original sim card back in and powered up, I had no issues.
    I never expected to have issues. I wonder if the process has changed on ATT side since the 4s debuted.

Anyhow, just thinking out loud. I know that when I did this before with my 4 on other iphones, I was able to troubleshoot a sim card tray issue.

12-10-2011 05:55 PM
    Early Iphones had problems with dropping, but thankfully they made a patch.
    12-10-2011 07:25 PM
    ame- I am completely shocked at the problem you are having with your 4S and ATT. I really hope you get a resolution on this.

I wonder what would happen if you took your microsim out of your 4S and turned off your husband's, iphone 4 and put your microsim in the 4 and booted it up. I would expect your number now to be active in your husbands iphone 4. I also wonder if you tried the same process with your husband's microsim card in your iphone 4S. I have swapped microsim cards with sim adapters in different iphone 3G, 3Gs, 4 (as well as non iphones) before when troubleshooting phone issues. I havent had to call customer service to change anything. Once powered down and put original sim card back in and powered up, I had no issues.
    I never expected to have issues. I wonder if the process has changed on ATT side since the 4s debuted.

Anyhow, just thinking out loud. I know that when I did this before with my 4 on other iphones, I was able to troubleshoot a sim card tray issue.

Actually, we tested that already. It's not the SIMs. It's the line itself/account itself. I have had 7 SIM cards, it makes no difference which phone it's in, the same issues replicate regardless.
    12-12-2011 12:34 PM
    I honest to goodness believe there's a major flaw in the 4s in regards to reception. While ATT coverage on the West Coast really does suck, the 4s had the worst reception I'd ever experienced AND ATT just put up new towers according to the Apple store in my city. I had my dd Samsung Flight II and my phone in the car together traveling the freeway and her phone consistently had more bars. My call was dropped just calling Apple Care.

Thankfully, I hadn't sold my iPhone 4 and therefore returned the 4s. I can happily turn 3G off and use EDGE flawlessly.
    12-12-2011 12:46 PM
108 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD