Anyone else having issues with calls connecting?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a gay twin brother he looks exactly like except his name is Ariel(masculine) and I am Arielle(feminine) and we are different sexes anyways I am done with my schpeel all I can say is it's AT&T's fault not yours or Apple's and Sprint roams on Verizon so I always have coverage and I live on the coast but hardly ever roam on Verizon

If your service is soooo good with Sprint, why were you leaving them for AT&T?

Reactions: ame
Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Sprint then I was leaving T-Mobile prepaid unlimited everything $50/mo for anything I could get approved for and Sprint was the only one that approved me....at the time I didn't think Sprint would ever get an iPhone so I got the evo and now I hate it....will be getting my iPhone 4S next week :D

Joan SC

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I too had the same problem and it's beyone aggrivating. I finally did *228 Opt. 2. I'm on Verizon. It fixed the problem. The rest of my family all have IP 4S's with no problems connecting, so I figured it was not a phone prob, but a reception issue.
I haven't had any prob's since then.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So, Im back to having connection issues again, I spent another half hour on the phone with ATT, and they told me that I need to take it back to Apple because it's hardware. This is absolutely ridiculous. I don't have time to keep going back and forth every other damn day.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So, Im back to having connection issues again, I spent another half hour on the phone with ATT, and they told me that I need to take it back to Apple because it's hardware. This is absolutely ridiculous. I don't have time to keep going back and forth every other damn day.

After your next trip to Apple, IF you have issues again and have to call AT&T make sure younger a supervisor who'll certainly understand the gravity of the situation ... I have had no issues at all whatsoever with AT&T ....

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am going to call Apple as soon as my coworkers get back from lunch so I can have a backup on the phones, but I am pretty much figuring that they'll tell me it's AT&T again. This is getting really obnoxious.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am going to call Apple as soon as my coworkers get back from lunch so I can have a backup on the phones, but I am pretty much figuring that they'll tell me it's AT&T again. This is getting really obnoxious.

I have 2 co workers with AT&T, and they are both having connection issues. One of them has a 3GS, and the other has a 4.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's more than just me then...Hm. My husband's 4 is fine. My coworkers have 3Gs and all seem ok also. It doesn't seem to matter where I am, I actually was thinking maybe it was my house, but it's not making any difference. But Ill be calling tonight, I sat on the phone with a lovely senior tech before he said something about connecting to iTunes and I said "oh crap, I am not at the computer I sync with til tonight." SOOO I might be doing that, and then we will all do this threeway situation with Apple and ATT again.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's more than just me then...Hm. My husband's 4 is fine. My coworkers have 3Gs and all seem ok also. It doesn't seem to matter where I am, I actually was thinking maybe it was my house, but it's not making any difference. But Ill be calling tonight, I sat on the phone with a lovely senior tech before he said something about connecting to iTunes and I said "oh crap, I am not at the computer I sync with til tonight." SOOO I might be doing that, and then we will all do this threeway situation with Apple and ATT again.

it sounds like at&t has to reset up your account. I think something is corrupt on there end if you ask me..

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
That's where I am about now. I am seriously gonna snap and cuss someone out soon if they tell me again that it's Apple hardware. Texting works fine. Email works fine. Twitter and FB work fine. PHONE CALLS DO NOT WORK FINE. Therefore I am pointing away from hardware, esp being that I am not on the original one that didn't work.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Right now I am restoring to Factory again, and then we'll start with the apple stuff before we call in ATT again.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So I have tracking tickets from Apple and from ATT from their actual engineers, not techs. Somewhere in there, I hope this is solved. I hope by Friday.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I made about 9 calls on the phone with both people, so they could hear it. I called my house, my sister, my parents, work, a few friends with other networks and Nordstrom. I wanted land and cell lines. All but one would actually ring on my phone and on the other end. But all rang on the other end from what I understand. I got about 10 texts asking wtf happened afterwards. What the diagnostics on Apple's end shows is that ZERO calls were made, completed, connected, period. Nothing. No bugs show, not a single issue comes up on any diagnostic they run. They can send you a text to do a remote log in to your phone, like a logmein or rescue or whatever. So you do that, they hackadoo in your phone and go lookin for stuffs. They see that I can read that there is a bug, but the bug shows no data or reasoning. On ATT they see that there was a call of about 3 seconds, thereabouts made, and confirmed the numbers and call times, but the other end can't be heard, I can't hear the ringing, nothing. Of those calls ONLY ONE gives a call failed issue.

I suppose between the two they will figure it out with all these people involved. I really thought it was all good on Friday, but since Saturday it's been a hot mess. I only made two calls Sunday, only one of them connected ok. Usually calling my mom works fine. SHes so thrilled for me to use her for testing purposes.

It only appears to be OUTGOING.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just an update: Still no resolution on this. Apple and I have a plan, we're just waiting on the AT&T Engineers to have time to work on it again. We're probably going to freeze my current number on my account and start with a new phone, new SIM, new account, and new number and move my current number over if that solves the problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR