Anyone else have this issue?
    11-10-2011 02:55 PM
    Silly question... Is it turned off in the Siri settings?
    11-10-2011 02:55 PM
    Anyone else have this issue?
    It works fine for me...
    11-10-2011 03:01 PM
    Silly question... Is it turned off in the Siri settings?
    Yeah, and no there is no screen guard covering it.
    11-10-2011 03:08 PM
    When you are on the phone, does the screen turn off when you raise the phone to your head?

If it does not I would try a reboot, then a restore to see if you can get the proximity sensor working. If it still does not you might have to bring it to the Apple folks to look at.

If it does work, then turn off the feature in Siri and then back on again, with a reboot in between. Also try to disable Siri and reneable it, same deal with a reboot in between.
    11-10-2011 03:13 PM
    When you are on the phone, does the screen turn off when you raise the phone to your head?

If it does not I would try a reboot, then a restore to see if you can get the proximity sensor working. If it still does not you might have to bring it to the Apple folks to look at.

If it does work, then turn off the feature in Siri and then back on again, with a reboot in between. Also try to disable Siri and reneable it, same deal with a reboot in between.

Yes, the screen goes dark on calls when the phone is moved.
    11-10-2011 03:47 PM
    works great for me
    11-10-2011 03:57 PM
    Ok tried everything still nothing.
    11-10-2011 04:02 PM
    Ok tried everything still nothing.
    I am not having any issues with it, however, in the past when Siri wasn't working right I switched airplane mode on and back off again and it would work again.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    Jellotime91 likes this.
    11-10-2011 04:12 PM
    Tried that, updated OS, took off Otterbox case still nothing.
    11-10-2011 05:19 PM
    Tried that, updated OS, took off Otterbox case still nothing.
    I know of others who are still having problems getting Siri to work properly. If it persists, maybe you could make an appointment with Apple and get them to look at your iPhone 4 S.
    11-10-2011 07:03 PM
    I know of others who are still having problems getting Siri to work properly. If it persists, maybe you could make an appointment with Apple and get them to look at your iPhone 4 S.
    Yeah that and my Apple ID nightmare hopefully.
    11-10-2011 07:17 PM
    Yeah that and my Apple ID nightmare hopefully.
    Maybe she's hiding until she gets a payraise...
    11-10-2011 07:20 PM
    She's working fine for me also.
    11-10-2011 07:37 PM
    Arrghh...raise to speak-gate continues for me. I never used it but the knowledge that something is not working correctly on such an expensive phone is irritating me.

A few times it's worked, wonder what the deal is.
    11-11-2011 02:24 PM
    Arrghh...raise to speak-gate continues for me. I never used it but the knowledge that something is not working correctly on such an expensive phone is irritating me.

A few times it's worked, wonder what the deal is.
    Why are you worrying about it? Warranty it. End of story.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    11-11-2011 02:31 PM
    Seems to work out of nowhere now. Is the phone supposed to physically touch your face for it to work?
    11-11-2011 04:02 PM
    Seems to work out of nowhere now. Is the phone supposed to physically touch your face for it to work?
    Raise to speak only works when the phone is on. Does not work from the lock screen.
    11-12-2011 08:31 AM
    Raise to speak only works when the phone is on. Does not work from the lock screen.
    It works fine from the lock screen. I use it while locked all the time. You have to press the home or lock button to wake up the screen, but you don't have to unlock it.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.
    11-12-2011 09:05 AM
    Take a look at this article. The motion that you make as you raise your phone to speak is crucial. I was not able to get raise to speak to work 100% until I followed the directions on this site:

How To Make 'Raise To Speak' Feature Of Siri Work Every Time On iPhone 4S | Redmond Pie
    12-05-2011 03:17 PM
    Take a look at this article. The motion that you make as you raise your phone to speak is crucial. I was not able to get raise to speak to work 100% until I followed the directions on this site:

How To Make 'Raise To Speak' Feature Of Siri Work Every Time On iPhone 4S | Redmond Pie
    This does help. It was always spotty for me otherwise on Siri activating.
    12-05-2011 03:25 PM
    thank you, this method fixed it for me too.
    12-19-2011 07:21 PM
    Mine is working fine and well but still there is an issue of the voice recognition because Siri don't understand my accent very clearly, I mean it creates problem in the recognition often when i am out and on way.
    12-20-2011 05:22 AM

Thanks for posting...Learn something new every day...My wife has a 16gb and I have a 32gb. My Siri works 99.9% of the time...My wife has just about given up on Siri because she gets questions instead of answers most of the time...I tried to use her phone and Siri, and get the same result as she does...I'll try toggling airplane mode, but am afraid to mess with her phone with a reset...Any other suggestions?
    12-21-2011 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD