Siri raise to speak not working

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
When you are on the phone, does the screen turn off when you raise the phone to your head?

If it does not I would try a reboot, then a restore to see if you can get the proximity sensor working. If it still does not you might have to bring it to the Apple folks to look at.

If it does work, then turn off the feature in Siri and then back on again, with a reboot in between. Also try to disable Siri and reneable it, same deal with a reboot in between.

adamkesher

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
When you are on the phone, does the screen turn off when you raise the phone to your head?

If it does not I would try a reboot, then a restore to see if you can get the proximity sensor working. If it still does not you might have to bring it to the Apple folks to look at.

If it does work, then turn off the feature in Siri and then back on again, with a reboot in between. Also try to disable Siri and reneable it, same deal with a reboot in between.

Yes, the screen goes dark on calls when the phone is moved.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Tried that, updated OS, took off Otterbox case still nothing.

I know of others who are still having problems getting Siri to work properly. If it persists, maybe you could make an appointment with Apple and get them to look at your iPhone 4 S.

adamkesher

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Arrghh...raise to speak-gate continues for me. I never used it but the knowledge that something is not working correctly on such an expensive phone is irritating me.

A few times it's worked, wonder what the deal is.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Arrghh...raise to speak-gate continues for me. I never used it but the knowledge that something is not working correctly on such an expensive phone is irritating me.

A few times it's worked, wonder what the deal is.

Why are you worrying about it? Warranty it. End of story.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Raise to speak only works when the phone is on. Does not work from the lock screen.
It works fine from the lock screen. I use it while locked all the time. You have to press the home or lock button to wake up the screen, but you don't have to unlock it.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR