Hey I searched and didn't find anything in the forums directly addressing this.

I know there are battery issues with 4S and iOS 5, but I had the phone plugged to computer all night after running to zero (phone actually shut down) last night. This am, the battery symbol indicates fully charged (the plug-in thingy), but says "97%" --and after 5 minutes of texting still attached, it says "95%"....is this a bad battery?
    11-10-2011 07:17 AM
    It's possible, try rebooting the iPhone and seeing if it'll reach "100%" and if not I'd set up a genius bar appt and see what's up
    11-10-2011 07:21 AM
    Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.

I actually rebooted a couple of times and noticed battery at 94%. I plugged into my car power inverter and by the time I got to work was up to 100%. 4 hours later at 77% but that seems about normal. I recall the plug (USB into computer) at home has exposed wire at the insertion to the blocks (iPhone side and USB side). Maybe that's it, gonna try to change the cable tonight.
    11-10-2011 11:30 AM
    my wifes did this.. overnight charge (with the brand new cord that came with the phone.. plugged in.. not usb) and it was stuck at 92%. wasnt from an iCloud backup since that had last run at 4:16pm the day before. I rebooted and plugged it back in. then it went to 100% after a little bit. Its like something triggers it to stop charging.
    11-10-2011 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD