Location Based Reminders WAY off

sciteach

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So lately I have been trying out Location based reminders and it is way off. Here is what I have:
My home address is correct. I set it from Maps. If I ask Siri where my home is it goes straight to my house in the maps app; so that is correct.

For example, today I asked it to remind me to check the mail when I arrive home. It set up the reminder correctly. The reminder popped up when I was like a mile away. I pulled over when the reminder came up and checked Maps; my GPS is working fine.

Any suggestions?

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
it depends... have you opened the maps and seen the LARGE blue circle appear , and the shrinks as it homes in? Sometimes, the GPS signal may not be the best so it covers a large area.

(my guess)

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
when i tried the "remind me when i leave here" etc... it was at a store that is about 1/2 mile from my house.. it never reminded me at all.

But i tried the remind me when i get to "xxxxx" and it told me when i was about 50 yrds away.

sciteach

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So I deleted my contact info, used maps to locate me and created a new contact for myself using the map address. I then added my contact info to Siri. This time when I tried to set a reminder it says it does not know my address but brings up my address card. I tap on it as instructed and try again; same thing happening.

So now Siri does not know my home address even though I have added it through settings and keeep adding when Siri asks me too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods