OK, I downloaded some mp3 alert tones, converted them to m4r, renamed them m4r, and put them in my ringtones folder in itunes. The problem is, when I synced me i4s, they downloaded into my music library pn my phone and not my ringtones/alerts. As I said they ARE in my itunes ringtone library, so why did it not put them in my ringtones/alerts library on my phone?
    11-09-2011 03:43 PM
    Confirm you mean you converted it to AAC (M4A) and then renamed it to an M4R file?
    11-09-2011 03:51 PM
    Yes. It will even play, so I know it's converted, it's in my songs, where of course I can't use as a ringtone or alert tone. I don't understand if they are in my iTunes ringtone folder, why when I synced, that it didn't put them in my ringtone folder on the phone.
    11-09-2011 04:37 PM
    Maybe uncheck the ringtone sync so all ringtones are removed from your iPhone and then sync from scratch??
    11-09-2011 04:59 PM
    Convert the MP3's using iringer. That will give you the option to create the ringer and add it to iTunes. I installed a ton the other night for my wife and it works flawlessly.

Here is a link:

http://iringer.net/
    11-09-2011 05:03 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I plugged in my phone to iTunes, clicked on my device, went to that page and found that none of the sync options had been selected. I then clicked on the ringtone tab, checked sync ringtones>all ringtones and hit sync. That worked. They are now in my ringtone folder on my phone. . Thanks again.
    11-09-2011 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD