Is there a advantage or disadvantage buying from Apple or Verizon?
    This would be an upgrade on a line and then switched over to another number on the plan so would this be an issue?
    If you have an unlimited plan on VZ you still get to keep it?
    11-08-2011 05:14 PM
    It really shouldn't matter where you buy it. I like buying mine from apple, because they can get you in and out quicker.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-08-2011 05:38 PM
    If your switching the phone ot another line its a better idea to buy it at verizon because they can do that switch for you right then and there.. Apple isn't going to be able to make that switch
    11-08-2011 05:45 PM
    If you have an unlimited plan on VZ you still get to keep it?
    If the line that ends up with the iPhone on it already has unlimited, you should get to keep it...

As far as the upgrade goes - what you'll be doing Verizon calls a "buddy upgrade or alternate upgrade"... they can do all that in their system easily..
    Last edited by kch50428; 11-08-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    11-08-2011 05:45 PM
    I bought mine at a verizon store. I have 4 lines on my family share plan. The line i wanted the Iphone on was not upgradeable yet so i used a line that was and had the iphone put on the line i needed it to .. Verizon does that so well and they are very helpfull.
    11-09-2011 11:13 PM
    I did mine at a Verizon store because I needed 2 separate plans, which the eventually screwed up anyway....
    11-09-2011 11:18 PM
    I did mine at a Verizon store because I needed 2 separate plans, which the eventually screwed up anyway....
    Seems to have even my experience here when I was with big red, how I don't miss those days anymore
    11-10-2011 06:40 AM
    My experience making the switch to verizon was rough.

Ported one number from sprint, and added a brand new one. They ported 2 numbers from sprint and opened 1 new line. They used upgrade off of the number which was ported against my will, and then told me they could transfer the phone to the NEW line, which is what I wanted. I assumed everything would go wonderfully from there. Nope. Now they tell me that they can't delete unwanted number because it is under contract.

It took me filing an executive complaint for someone to think clear enough for everything to be worked out.

Love the phones though.
    11-10-2011 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD