All the android usuers with big screens. how do you like the move?

bhappy11

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am currently. With Sprint. But about to move to AT&T. Sprints service lately has been terrible data is very slow. Texts not going through etc...

I currently have the EVO 4G.
Questions I have....

* How are you adjusting to the smaller screen size?

*Is not having flash for websites missed?

*How is the adjustment to IOS?

*Likes?

* dislikes?

If the Wife and I switch.. Thinking of trying the 4S. Really like how great the camera is.

Any input would be great.

MyJoosBox

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
*I was a Droid X and Bionic owner before my 4S. Regarding the screen size, i very much like the smaller screen that the 4s has. It feels very compacted and less area to wipe off smudges and fingerprints.

*I consider my web browsing a very small amount on my phone. Therefore i haven't ran into many crucial websites that require flash. That's just me though.

*After switching from Android to iOS i was worried about limitations and less customization (widgets, apps downloaded from other sources) However, i love the way the operating system works. The apps hardly every force close. Notifications work beautifully (Facebook, twitter, email). While the battery is being looked down upon right now, i am amazed of how quickly the phone recharges compared to my other android devices. I have a MacBook Pro which i've been using for several years now. Because i keep my music and documents all organized and up to date, i just love the way the iPhone connects to my laptop. Whether it's for music, photos, or apps, i kinda wish i would of made the switch sooner.

Here are my final two cents. There are still things that I miss from my android phones (tethering and apps not available in the app store for example). However the 4S is a great phone. If anything, there are little to no dislikes about the phone at all. If your still questionable, try the phone out. You have 14 days to exchange or return the phone.

HektikBob

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I am currently. With Sprint. But about to move to AT&T. Sprints service lately has been terrible data is very slow. Texts not going through etc...

Questions I have....

*Likes?

* dislikes?

If the Wife and I switch.. Thinking of trying the 4S. Really like how great the camera is.

I came from a Droid Charge with is a decent phone but im very happy with my 4s .. even tho the 4s is smaller screen it seems to be easier for me to read and look at things on the phone.everyone ask how can i go from a 4g phone to 3g isnt it slower.. actully the 3g on the ipone is quicker then 4g on my droid to get to web pages not sure how but it is..also most websites are using HTML 5 now so there is no reason to have flash..i dont think I have a dislike so far that i can comment on..Still trying to figure out the IOS 5 .. im a newbie when it comes to that

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from the Evo. I've always wanted to try the iPhone out. I will not bad mouth the Android platform , I loved it and had rooted my Evo. I had no problems ever with the Evo, I think it's a great phone and my Evo took amazing pics. That said, I LOVE this IPhone 4s!! I haven't missed the it screen at all, I was worried about that too. I think the IPhone makes up for the smaller screen in so many ways. It's fast, works perfect right out of the box. Its just so seamless I haven't looked back. Try it out and return it if you don't like it. You won't return it though , you'll be hooked. Let us know what you decide. It's such a fun new platform for me. Loves it! Goodluck

bhappy11

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

The one I-phone I seen at the store... was easier to read.
The other thing that amazed me... was just how much stuff is available for the I-Phone, cases, etc.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Questions I have....

*Likes?

* dislikes?

Screen Size- The screen size is fine, given that the phone never freezes up, soft reboots itself randomly, nor has a memory leak, like my EVO did after the Gingerbread update. I don't miss the bigger screen.

Flash- I've got Flash. It's in the Photon web browser. I can listen to flash based music players and play all videos in Flash. Flash on the iPhone via a Browser. Imagine that?

iOS- IOS is smoother, more fluid, and high performance compared to Gingerbread. Easy to learn, Easy to use and no annoying Sense UI that bogs down and made my EVO unusable half the time.

LIKES- Everything

DISLIKES- NONE

My EVO 4G was great until I upgraded to Gingerbread. That upgrade didn't bring any UI changes. What it did bring was bugs, inconsistent performance, and a memory leak that would eat memory when I wasn't doing anything or running any apps on the phone. Plus, all the apps I needed are only on the iPhone platform, so I bailed and haven't looked back since. Until I found the Photon Web Browser in the App Store, I missed Flash. Now I don't. I have it. Have my cake and eating it to. Do it. BAIL on Android. You'll be glad you did.

bhappy11

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from the Evo. I've always wanted to try the iPhone out. I will not bad mouth the Android platform , I loved it and had rooted my Evo. I had no problems ever with the Evo, I think it's a great phone and my Evo took amazing pics. That said, I LOVE this IPhone 4s!! I haven't missed the it screen at all, I was worried about that too. I think the IPhone makes up for the smaller screen in so many ways. It's fast, works perfect right out of the box. Its just so seamless I haven't looked back. Try it out and return it if you don't like it. You won't return it though , you'll be hooked. Let us know what you decide. It's such a fun new platform for me. Loves it! Goodluck

Yeah, I have my Evo rooted with cynagen mod 7. If it weren't for that.. I probably would have thought about jumping sooner.

One intriguing thing about Ios is how it just works compared to android. I do like tweaking. But.... there area times when just having something work out of the box is nice.

Matchoo

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Here are my final two cents. There are still things that I miss from my android phones (tethering and apps not available in the app store for example). However the 4S is a great phone. If anything, there are little to no dislikes about the phone at all. If your still questionable, try the phone out. You have 14 days to exchange or return the phone.

You can tether with the iPhone no?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I think the screen size is fine. There is also a browser in the app store called photon that allows you to stream any flash video. It costs 3 bucks though

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I forgot about tethering. PDANet allowed free tethering. I haven't found any app yet that allows free Tethering but that is the only thing I miss. Everything else rocks.

It's available with jailbreaking. But have to wait for it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

The one I-phone I seen at the store... was easier to read.
The other thing that amazed me... was just how much stuff is available for the I-Phone, cases, etc.

Yup, thanks to the iPhones retina display. It's one of the things that brought me back to the iPhone from Android.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You can tether with the iPhone no?

Yes, you can tether with the iPhone in one of two ways. Either pay your carrier whatever tethering charges are involved, or jailbreak and tether for free via two apps that are available in Cydia; MyWi, or PDANet ( this one has a toggle to block the fact that you are tethering from your carrier).

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Yeah, I have my Evo rooted with cynagen mod 7. If it weren't for that.. I probably would have thought about jumping sooner.

One intriguing thing about Ios is how it just works compared to android. I do like tweaking. But.... there area times when just having something work out of the box is nice.

I suppose if we say it enough then it just sticks. The iphone needs a few things before it just works. Some essential apps, walking through all the settings, itunes installed, icloud app installed for windows if you use that, install skype if you need video chat over 3g, etc. And it needs a jailbreak to get things really just working.

I've never had an android but I always understood you have to set up the screens, move apps around, create widgets if you want, etc. But otherwise, you just put your gmail in and go. I'm sure there's a few essentials as well, same with iphone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have an EVO and my iPhone 4S...i prefer the iPhone screen all day. Better detail, better colors, sharper, etc etc etc...i could list all day.

I used to think the EVO was better for GPS navi in the car, but even the iPhone comes through there.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
In the past I have had a Droid X and HTC Thunderbolt.

Right now I own a Droid X2 and also an iPhone 4s.

Honestly I havent noticed the .8" difference in smaller screen size with my iPhone. I HAVE noticed though that with my iPhone I no longer have the "ghosting" that was very obvious on the DX2.

Overall I am very happy with the screen on the iPhone. In fact I think the only time I would notice the smaller screen is if I was watching a movie, but even then, who knows.....the last time I watched a movie on a phone was with my BlackBerry Storm 2.

jamesrshaffer

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the EVO 4G. (I had the same)
Questions I have....

I don't mind it one bit.. love the iphone display
nope
it has been a lot different, but I really like it alot
*Likes?
I can't express how much I love how much more battery life I get.. how fast the iphone 4s is even though I am on sprint as well
* dislikes?
I really don't have any.. it is extremely smooth and not as laggy as the evo..

RocknBlogger

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Questions I have....

*Likes?

* dislikes?

I came from the EVO 4G to the iPhone 4S. I won't get into what I liked or disliked about the EVO but my biggest concern was going from the larger screen to the smaller one on the iPhone. I can honestly tell you that I actually like the smaller form factor a lot more than I expected to and the screen size doesn't matter whatsoever to me.

I will say this, when I first got the iPhone I didn't have a WOW moment primarily because I have an iPod 4th gen touch and a couple iPads so I was already familiar with iOS however, my WOW moments came a couple weeks into using the iPhone in the form of, WOW I haven't had to reboot or WOW none of my apps FC'd on me or WOW this thing is smooth as silk. There were many more but the bottom line is that the iPhone 4S to me is a much better and much smoother phone than the EVO.

As for flash I honestly don't miss it whatsoever. I actually very rarely used it when I had the EVO so I was fairly certain that I wasn't going to miss it when I decided to make the switch. If you watch a plot of YouTube videos that YouTube app is excellent so there's no problem there.

My experience with Android wasn't very good. It got to the point that if I had to make a call I would reach for my house/office phone instead of the EVO. If I had a call coming in on the EVO more often than not when trying to answer the phone I ended up disconnecting the person calling. The EVO just sucked at answering an incoming call. I now use my iPhone regularly when making calls and have zero issues when answering calls. It's the clearest sounding phone I've had in a very long time. My iPhone doesn't reboot, freeze, stutter or lag. When I need the phone to function the way it was meant to function, whether trying to take a picture or video, send a text or email, or browse the web, it works the way it should100% of the time. I can't say that about my EVO.

The camera is amazing and video is crystal clear. I really can't say enough about it. I really can't see how you would be disappointed but different people do have different opinions. I say give it a try with your wife so you both have it and see how you feel after ten days.

One last thing. I was never big on the whole widget thing. I think they do nothing more than drain your battery and I prefer for my apps t be accessible on my home screen. But if you do rely on widgets that's one thing you might miss. That and Google navigation. I bought Navigon and have used the free app called Waze. Waze was decent but Navigon is excellent.

I've rambled enough, hope this helps.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Questions I have....

*Likes?

* dislikes?

The smaller screen size can be an adjustment, but the screen quality of the iPhone is exceptional. As far as iOS goes, its much more fluid and clean than android. It "just works".
Flash really makes no difference in web browsing except in the most extreme circumstances. Web browsing is much nicer without it. Nearly any video that you would watch is also encoded with HTML 5, so video is never an issue. You will not be disappointed with an iPhone. There isn't the same level of customization in iOS, but it makes up for it in terms of usability.

IndoX

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Flash is outdatted and there should be no reason why any website should be using it. So I don't really see the iPhone as not having flash as a negative.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh