why are prices so high?

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
uh, I can't upgrade to an iPhone 4S on Sprint cuz I just got Sprint service only a couple months ago and the only way to get the new pricing is to add a line :(. why are prices so high on eBay and Craigslist for an iPhone 4S on Sprint(nothing less than 600 for a 16GB)? Is there any other cheap way or place I can get it?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
uh, I can't upgrade to an iPhone 4S on Sprint cuz I just got Sprint service only a couple months ago and the only way to get the new pricing is to add a line :(. why are prices so high on eBay and Craigslist for an iPhone 4S on Sprint(nothing less than 600 for a 16GB)? Is there any other cheap way or place I can get it?

A retail iPhone is expensive as a matter of fact any phone retail is expensive and it's a new and hot product your not going to get it cheap sorry.

Phone companies subsidize the price if you sign a two year and it seems like you have already done that with another phone

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
then what do I do open up another line and then sell my sh*tty evo 4g, switch the iPhone 4S to my primary line, and then cancel the new line?

Last edited:

koolhand79

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You won't be able to buy a phone and then cancel the line without either returning the phone or being charged full retail price for the phone.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
You can switch the lines the phone's are on, but as was already stated, you can't cancel the line and keep the phone.

I added a line to get my 4S, my Evo is collecting dust, now.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

izzo00

May 29, 2011
Visit site
what you could do is new a line and switch the phone on the new line with and old regular sprint phone and cancel that line after a month or so and your cancel fee wouldn't be higher than $200.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
If you add a line and wait a month or so and then cancel the line you'll still be charged the ETF for the line but not full retail for the device

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
what you could do is new a line and switch the phone on the new line with and old regular sprint phone and cancel that line after a month or so and your cancel fee wouldn't be higher than $200.

Full ETF on a new Sprint line is now $350, so they'd be paying more than $200.

$330, or so, plus at least $199 for the phone....not much cheaper than off contract price and once you add the activation fee of $36, plus that month of service....

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Full ETF on a new Sprint line is now $350, so they'd be paying more than $200.

$330, or so, plus at least $199 for the phone....not much cheaper than off contract price and once you add the activation fee of $36, plus that month of service....

Would still save some bucks lol I'll save a hondo just about anywhere I can lol

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
You can switch the lines the phone's are on, but as was already stated, you can't cancel the line and keep the phone.

I added a line to get my 4S, my Evo is collecting dust, now.

and how much are you paying for your other line? I have a spending limit of $150 so I am just worriedabout it

sdakidd

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Well if a new line is $10, then adding a line is the cheapest option. $10 a month over 2 years is $240. IMO I think you should do that, another benifit is it is not a whole chunk of money you have to come up with. Buying a unlocked/retail price phone does not benifit you at all in the US unless you traveling oversees.