I think there is a lot more to this story than this poster is sharing. I didn't have to pay $700 to start with ATT. She must have a credit issue or something.
    Correct. The OP stated in another thread that she owes Verizon $500, and has a credit score of 600. Just a guess, but I'd say this could be why AT&T is charging a deposit of $700.
    11-09-2011 04:44 PM
    And if she thinks gaming the system is going to get her the newest phone faster...not likely. It will catch up to her.
    11-09-2011 05:57 PM
    They mentioned the spending limit on Sprint and that is a result of credit problems. That's why they do it.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    11-09-2011 06:27 PM
    AT&T charges $700 for new customers? What's that about? I wasn't asked to pay anything when I first signed up with AT&T except the cost of the phone.
    No, that is absolutely not the standard thing for them to do. When I was fresh out of high school with no credit they didn't charge me anything for a deposit. There's obviously a glaring red flag on the OP's credit score that we aren't hearing about. Even when I've had friends get charged a deposit, it was never anything more than $150-$200. $700 for a deposit means something is probably seriously scaring the company.
    11-09-2011 08:41 PM
    Correct. The OP stated in another thread that she owes Verizon $500, and has a credit score of 600. Just a guess, but I'd say this could be why AT&T is charging a deposit of $700.
    Prior me switching from T-Mobile to Verizon back in June, my score was less than 600 and AT&T only wanted a $150 deposit with me. But I remember when I worked for Dingular their deposits could go as high as $800. I also remember Cincinnati Bell having deposits as high as $1200.
    Last edited by DaPhoneking; 11-09-2011 at 09:47 PM.
    11-09-2011 09:35 PM
    In the words of Jimmy McMillian, "THE iPHONE IS TOO DAMN HIGH!"
    11-09-2011 10:18 PM
    I can afford a Sprint family plan they include the premium data charge now as the price on advertising only $129.99 1500 landline mins unlimited msging and data and unlimited calls to and from any mobile I love sprint just hate my evo I might have best friend on my new line after I swap them and we can split the bill cuz she loves my evo
    11-10-2011 06:32 AM
    I can afford a Sprint family plan they include the premium data charge now as the price on advertising only $129.99 1500 landline mins unlimited msging and data and unlimited calls to and from any mobile I love sprint just hate my evo I might have best friend on my new line after I swap them and we can split the bill cuz she loves my evo
    Since you've already stated you owe creditors money, i'm guessing you can't afford it. Moving to a family plan for yourself is stupidity. And if your friend doesn't pay you, it's your loss.

This is just a silly phone. If you ever want to have real things in life, you need to worry about that credit report.
    11-10-2011 08:33 AM
    Since you've already stated you owe creditors money, i'm guessing you can't afford it. Moving to a family plan for yourself is stupidity. And if your friend doesn't pay you, it's your loss.

This is just a silly phone. If you ever want to have real things in life, you need to worry about that credit report.
    This should not turn in to a bash the OP thread. But I will say that without good credit these days, you wont even get a job. I'm required to do full background checks on all my employees including credit history. I will hire someone with a misdemeanor charge before I hire someone with credit thats that f****d up. It really shows a persons character and where their priorities are.

Keep the evo and clean up the credit mess. before you know it, you will be able to get the iphone 5 when it comes out.
    11-10-2011 05:01 PM
    This should not turn in to a bash the OP thread. But I will say that without good credit these days, you wont even get a job. I'm required to do full background checks on all my employees including credit history. I will hire someone with a misdemeanor charge before I hire someone with credit thats that f****d up. It really shows a persons character and where their priorities are.

Keep the evo and clean up the credit mess. before you know it, you will be able to get the iphone 5 when it comes out.
    I don't mean to be a brat but please don't tell me what to do.....I always get what I want always have always will even if it means sleeping with a cute Sprint employee at a store and getting a free iPhone 4S out of it LOL.....and by the way in California they don't check your credit for jobs only housing
    11-11-2011 05:57 AM
    Brat lol jk jk
    11-11-2011 06:04 AM
    Brat lol jk jk
    like I said I always get what I want that's just how us Taurus' work and my friend will pay me she's my best friend forever besides her mom pays her phone bill and they are rich she owns a condo building
    11-11-2011 06:08 AM
    I always get what I want too lol
    11-11-2011 06:11 AM
    I don't mean to be a brat but please don't tell me what to do.....I always get what I want always have always will even if it means sleeping with a cute Sprint employee at a store and getting a free iPhone 4S out of it LOL.....and by the way in California they don't check your credit for jobs only housing
    Ew, that's sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    _heatherly likes this.
    11-11-2011 08:37 AM
    That's not something I'd go around admitting. That's not being bratty, there's another word for it...
    11-11-2011 09:26 AM
    Prices are high with the iPhone for two simple reasons, Demand and Money.

The demand for the iPhone is staggering, far greater then that of any other device and as long as people are willing to pay the high mark up, the asking price will remain high.

With regards to getting into a family plan with someone, I can't really recommend this. Think about it. You're signing up for a 2 year contract and must rely on the other party to pay their bill each month and on time I might add. Otherwise, you open yourself up to liability that is greater then the value of an iPhone, in my opinion.

I too was in a similar situation as I upgraded to an Evo 3D back in May only to find myself somewhat "screwed" when the iPhone was announced.

However I'm a firm believer that if there's a will, there is always a way. And so I found someone who needed new sprint service and offered them my device in exchange for using their contract to order an iPhone.

And here I am Android free with my new iPhone 4s.

Think outside the box and get creative. If you want an iPhone there is always a way.

Cheers
    Last edited by alphalife; 11-11-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    11-11-2011 09:38 AM
    That's not something I'd go around admitting. That's not being bratty, there's another word for it...
    Twitter

ariellemerperle's Manjam.com Profile. Gay United States, California, Santa Cruz

After seeing that, I'm not sure what that word would be. That's just not right..lol.
    11-11-2011 09:40 AM
    Twitter

After seeing that, I'm not sure what that word would be. That's just not right..lol.
    This person has made several posts on here, all argumentative, or meant to incite trouble.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    11-11-2011 11:37 AM
    Twitter

The word you are thinking of is TROLL.
    Cleveland likes this.
    11-11-2011 11:44 AM
    Twitter

Something ain't right here. Ariellemerperle said she was a woman not a man. She also posted in another thread that she was going to ask her parents to buy her the iPhone 4S. Doesn't fit the person in the profile link.
    11-11-2011 12:52 PM
    The word you are thinking of is TROLL.

Exxxxxxxactly !! Lol
    11-11-2011 01:19 PM
    why are you assuming stuff people gosh the sleeping with the employee was a joke and by the way I have a gay twin brother we look exactly alike except I was born a girl and thank you alphalife
    11-11-2011 02:26 PM
    like I said I always get what I want that's just how us Taurus' work and my friend will pay me she's my best friend forever besides her mom pays her phone bill and they are rich she owns a condo building
    Maybe if she is so rich you should just get her to buy you the phone.
    11-11-2011 02:40 PM
    why are you assuming stuff people gosh the sleeping with the employee was a joke and by the way I have a gay twin brother we look exactly alike except I was born a girl and thank you alphalife
    but it seems like all you do is come on here to cause trouble.. I have seen many threads by you that you ask a question then argue the answer were not here to debate with you.. if your not going to like are answers then dont ask...
    11-11-2011 02:40 PM
    but it seems like all you do is come on here to cause trouble.. I have seen many threads by you that you ask a question then argue the answer were not here to debate with you.. if your not going to like are answers then dont ask...
    Exactly my thoughts as well ... This is happening in many many threads ... Hopefully the mods step in with a warning at least ... This is not the crackberry forums lol
    _heatherly likes this.
    11-11-2011 02:46 PM
104 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD