Buy the iPhone by adding a line ... Sell the evo via eBay and use the money frommselkingnitnto help pay the ETF when you cancel the old line ..
    11-07-2011 04:35 AM
    thanks for the advice I will do that and maybe. if I make enough money I will just buy one at full retail
    11-07-2011 04:50 AM
    My husband did this on AT&T when the iPhone first came out.

He opened up a second line, then transferred his iPhone to his original phone #, but had to keep the line open or else he'd pay a cancellation fee. We actually still have the line open because I've used the upgrade on it. Next year when it's contract is up, we are going to cancel it because it's $10 a month.
    11-07-2011 07:15 AM
    This thread seems mixed up.

For a Sprint family Everything Data plan, it's 19.99 an additional line + the 10 dollar smartphone fee. I'm assuming the OP has a family plan because otherwise he wouldn't mention anything about adding a line. If he's got a single plan, then he needs help for even mentioning another line.

His Evo 3G speeds aren't 5mp. That's wimax or sprint's 4G (because his Evo is a wimax phone). You'll never see Sprint 3G at those speeds. You'll never see the iphone 4S on sprint at those speeds.
    11-07-2011 08:21 AM
    This thread seems mixed up.

For a Sprint family Everything Data plan, it's 19.99 an additional line + the 10 dollar smartphone fee. I'm assuming the OP has a family plan because otherwise he wouldn't mention anything about adding a line. If he's got a single plan, then he needs help for even mentioning another line.

His Evo 3G speeds aren't 5mp. That's wimax or sprint's 4G (because his Evo is a wimax phone). You'll never see Sprint 3G at those speeds. You'll never see the iphone 4S on sprint at those speeds.
    1st of all I am a woman not a man and 2nd I am talking about adding a family plan....3. I don't have 4G in my area and I don't care much for it cuz the Evo is a sh*tty phone it's slow as hell the OS sucks and it is making me hate android
    Last edited by ariellemerperle; 11-07-2011 at 08:32 AM.
    11-07-2011 08:29 AM
    1st of all I am a woman not a man and 2nd I am talking about adding a family plan....3. I don't have 4G in my area and I don't care much for it cuz the Evo is a sh*tty phone it's slow as hell the OS sucks and it is making me hate android
    1. Sorry

2. You are aware that family plans are much higher..double the cheapest single plan. We're not talking 10 a month more or 30 a month more.

3. You bought it, not me. That's rather obvious the Evo is a crappy phone. But you're still not getting 5mp on sprint 3G with a 3G phone. Not even close to it. Sorry.

You started this thread complaining about iphones being so high and wanting a cheap way to purchase one. Adding a line wouldn't seem to be an option.

Perhaps you should consider porting over to AT&T, paying the ETF eventually and selling the Evo. You seem to be in an hspa+ area or what AT&T considers 4G. Any way you slice it, you'll either have to buy retail or pay an ETF.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    11-07-2011 10:09 AM
    Switch to At&T lol. Talk to sprint and try to see if you can get around the retail price of the phone. If worst comes to worst just wait it out for when they get cheaper, or just wait for the iPhone 5.
    11-07-2011 10:12 AM
    It's high because it's a brand new phone with limited supply right now. You're not going to get a deal unless you find one secondhand on Ebay that has a clean ESN and swap it with your current phone, and pay the activation Sprint will charge you to do that.
    11-07-2011 10:17 AM
    They don't offer extensions on contracts anymore and just recently scrubbed their premier offers. Patience with your "****ty" Evo 4G. What's wrong with your Evo anyway that you can't wait a few months. Heard about the Internet speeds on sprint with the iPhone lately haha
    11-07-2011 10:51 AM
    I also wonder if they will let me extend my contract and get it for $199.99?
    No they won't allow you to do that. Sorry. The only way you can get a subsidized phone is to add a line. It may work out to port to another carrier, and buy the phone at new pricing and pay your etf with sprint. Would still be about $500 or so though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-07-2011 11:55 AM
    I say add the extra line for the cheapest price, and dont use that line, just keep it open. This way you will have 2 lines and can just rotate upgrading on the 2 different lines every year when the new iPhone come out. This will give you the ability to eligible for an upgrade every year and never have to pay full price for the iPhone. It's my opinion and an option if you really want the 4S right now and dont want to wait or pay full price.
    11-07-2011 11:57 AM
    I say add the extra line for the cheapest price, and dont use that line, just keep it open. This way you will have 2 lines and can just rotate upgrading on the 2 different lines every year when the new iPhone come out. This will give you the ability to eligible for an upgrade every year and never have to pay full price for the iPhone. It's my opinion and an option if you really want the 4S right now and dont want to wait or pay full price.
    So go from paying a 79 dollar single plan (smartphone fee included) to a 149 a month family plan (with two smartphone fees)? That wouldn't seem like an option.
    11-07-2011 12:42 PM
    I know with Verizon you can add a line get the phone then suspend the line and it only cost an extra 5 bucks a month till you cancel it that's what i do so i can get a upgrade every year i think its the same with
    sprint
    11-07-2011 12:47 PM
    I added the iPhone 4S on my Sprint account as a second line, then deactivated the EVO to have the iPhone as my only line. Had to pay a $135 early termination fee, but for me it was worth it.
    11-07-2011 02:03 PM
    well, I have a spending limit balance of $150 and Verizon and AT&T are not an option for me I owe them both money....it's $129.99/mo 1500 landline mins unlimited mobile mins unlimited data and messaging premium data included. anyone know how much it would cost a month if I suspended it? is it different on an extra single line than family line?
    11-07-2011 03:53 PM
    What you can do is add a new line and suspend your old one the suspension will cause you to have to pay a fee between 7-10 a month instead of paying for both lines at a full amount. Then when you have saved the money you can cancel the line the evo is on.
    11-07-2011 04:19 PM
    What you can do is add a new line and suspend your old one the suspension will cause you to have to pay a fee between 7-10 a month instead of paying for both lines at a full amount. Then when you have saved the money you can cancel the line the evo is on.
    I am not suspending my old line I have had that number for 2 years. won't they charge me an early termination fee? what If I did what you said but instead suspended the new account after switching the iPhone time my old line and the evo on the new one would the fee still be the same? and are you talking about a new single line or new family line?
    11-07-2011 04:34 PM
    You can always have your calls forwarded to your new number....suspending the new line I don't think is possible until you have had the number for 6 months.
    11-07-2011 04:49 PM
    You are either going to have to suck it up and pay full price and keep your current number, or port your number to ATT or Verizon and pay your ETF after the port and new phone purchase. Those are your options. What you're trying to do to Sprint and to get yourself a deal on sometihng you either cannot afford to own OR you think you deserve at a lower price is FRAUD and they take that extremely seriously. You cannot just start up lines of service to save a buck, and you can't just swap phones around on lines anymore. So grow up, save up, or switch carriers and pay the ETF and be done.
    11-07-2011 04:52 PM
    well, I have a spending limit balance of $150 and Verizon and AT&T are not an option for me I owe them both money
    well I owe Verizon money and AT&T charges a $700 deposit for new customers I tried already
    11-07-2011 05:02 PM
    Sounds like youre gonna have to love your Evo for a while longer
    11-07-2011 05:37 PM
    You are either going to have to suck it up and pay full price and keep your current number, or port your number to ATT or Verizon and pay your ETF after the port and new phone purchase. Those are your options. What you're trying to do to Sprint and to get yourself a deal on sometihng you either cannot afford to own OR you think you deserve at a lower price is FRAUD and they take that extremely seriously. You cannot just start up lines of service to save a buck, and you can't just swap phones around on lines anymore. So grow up, save up, or switch carriers and pay the ETF and be done.

Actually you can swap phones on line back and forth no matter what upgrade or anything you use. That has nothing to do with it. Thats the reason they increased the ETF. That way if someone does buy an iPhone, Droid, etc and switches the line over to a non-smartphone, they still have a $350 ETF.
    11-07-2011 05:48 PM
    and how much are you paying for your other line? I have a spending limit of $150 so I am just worriedabout it
    The spending limit does not include your monthly bill amount on Sprint, that's for stuff over your regular bill amount.

I pay $29.99 for the additional line, because it's a third, but your second is free and would only cost the $10 data fee on a family plan.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    11-07-2011 05:56 PM
    how do switch i it online? can I suspend it?
    11-07-2011 05:57 PM
    The spending limit does not include your monthly bill amount on Sprint, that's for stuff over your regular bill amount.

I pay $29.99 for the additional line, because it's a third, but your second is free and would only cost the $10 data fee on a family plan.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    But why would she have that 129.99 family plan and ONE phone line? This doesn't make sense.

Oops doesn't matter, she can't switch cause she owes or has bad credit. What a waste of time that was :P
    11-07-2011 06:31 PM
104 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD