I'm trying to set a ringtone & text message tone for one of my contacts. I can set it, no problem, and it's fine for maybe a day, but then they both reset to "default." I'm just using stock ringtones. Has anybody else experienced this? Thanks -
    11-06-2011 12:46 AM
    It might have something to do with where you are syncing your contacts to.
    11-06-2011 01:05 AM
    It might have something to do with where you are syncing your contacts to.
    Just syncing to Google using the Exchange setup. We'll look at that contact in Google Contacts and see if anything looks odd. Thanks for the suggestion.
    11-06-2011 09:53 AM
    I sync to google and have had contacts disappear in the past. Things seem to have gotten better. I don't do the whole custom contact ringtones, so I wouldn't have had this issue ever.
    11-06-2011 10:26 AM
    I think we've fixed it. The contact in question was actually set up twice - once using just a nickname, and once with first & last name. They both had most of the same contact info. We just merged them so there is one contact now and that seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for your help.
    11-07-2011 10:57 AM
    I purchased a ringtone directly from the iTunes store under the Sounds setting where it says "Buy More Tones". I assigned it to a contact. That was on Saturday. Today, it's totally gone from both my phone and my iTunes library on my Mac. I still have the receipt for it and have "reported a problem". Has anyone else had this happen?
    11-07-2011 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD