long wait yet for ip4s

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I see online it's still another 20 day wait for the iphone 4s! Is this pretty typical for an iphone? How long before it cools off typically?

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You may want to check out a retail store for your provider... A friend of mine works for Verizon and she said that they literally had over 100 iPhone 4's (not 4S) sitting in their store while the online orders had a 3+ week wait. Not sure how bad you want one, but it's worth a shot!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
From what I have read some people have had luck reserving an iPhone 4S using the store app and were able to pick one up at their local Apple store at 9AM the very next day. If you don't want to wait and have an Apple store in your area, this might be a good option for you.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Check your apple app store app between 9pm-12pm daily to reserve an iPhone at your nearest store.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Picked my 32g at the local Verizon store the day after they released even though folks were standing in line at Apple stores.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You may want to check out a retail store for your provider... A friend of mine works for Verizon and she said that they literally had over 100 iPhone 4's (not 4S) sitting in their store while the online orders had a 3+ week wait.

I think Apple did the right thing to adjust for what happened last year with the iPhone 4 launch. People who make the effort to actually go to an Apple Store or carrier outlet should not be turned away and forced to come back another day to try again. Those who order online are given a long delivery date and are then usually happily surprised when the phone arrives early.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I got mine by reserving it via the iPhone app. At 21:00 I checked my local store and reserved it there and then. You have to be VERY quick and nimble fingered. Collected it the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I got mine by reserving it via the iPhone app. At 21:00 I checked my local store and reserved it there and then. You have to be VERY quick and nimble fingered. Collected it the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm assuming that you can also reserve one online from apple.com and not via your phone?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea. The iPhone app was so easy and quick to use just didn't give the PC a second thought.
Agreed, the app is fast and easy. I wish the carriers had an app that customers could use to order the iPhone and pick it up in the store the next day or a few days later.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
That's crazy. I guess it's kind of hit and miss right now. I would have thought they would be plentiful by now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73