Just received i4s from VZW. Looking for clock app that behaves like BB bedside.

- Intgrated with native clock. Only want to set alarms once.
    - Turn on/off when phone is plugged in for charging.
    - Digital display.

Tried several from the app store but none are very good.
    11-05-2011 05:04 PM
    Just received i4s from VZW. Looking for clock app that behaves like BB bedside.

- Digital display.

your not going to find the same functionality as a bb like that with iPhone sorry... the built in alarm application you only have to set the alarm once....
    11-05-2011 05:08 PM
    So far I am not impressed at all with the iPhone. All the bragging about apps for this and apps for that isn't true.
    11-05-2011 07:19 PM
    So far I am not impressed at all with the iPhone. All the bragging about apps for this and apps for that isn't true.
    Maybe do research on such a significant purchase next time before you blindly buy based on what you hear. Make sure the device is right for you and has the functionality you desire. Just my 2 cents.
    oklanole, jdavis22 and rowdys03 like this.
    11-05-2011 07:35 PM
    Try the ihome app not sure if it turns on at charging or not but it has good alarm features ...

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-05-2011 08:25 PM
    Very simple thing to do with jailbreak. (Now i realize jailbreaking iOs5 isn't quite doable just yet, but have patience.) Use activator to start the app of your choice when charging.
    Since I came from a bb too, this was one of the first things I tried to figure out how to get done.
    11-05-2011 09:25 PM
    theres over 400 thosuand applications on the app store just because you cant find one that does something exactly like a blackberry doesnt mean that there isnt a app for that and a app for this.
    jakeless.123 likes this.
    11-05-2011 09:37 PM
    There ARE alarm apps with similar functionality to the bedside mode. Just search through the app store and you will find one. Just set an alarm within the app, and change its settings so it wont let the screen time out. (Within the app itself) I know there is an application with this functionality. I've used it, I just can't recall the exact name.
    11-06-2011 11:06 AM
    If you find it let me know too. Only thing I miss from BB is the clock being displayed while in the charger
    11-06-2011 11:19 AM
    Alarm Clock Pro?

it has a digital display, and can be dimmed so the brightness doesn't bother your sleep. and it prevents itself from locking the screen so you will hear the alarm. it supports multiple alarms...and you only have to set it once.
    11-06-2011 11:53 AM
    You can set recurring alarms on the native clock. Once that is done, you obviously don't need to set it again. Why would you want another clock app to do this? Do you frequently set up recurring alarms?

- Digital display.
    There must be dozens of apps that do this. I personally never understood why anyone would want their iPhone's screen to remain lit throughout the night to act as a clock, but...different strokes.

Seriously? A clock app that mimics exactly what a BB does is that important to you? "There's an app for that." is an advertising slogan. It is not meant to be true in a literal sense. Think about what that would mean if literally every function anyone could think of needed to be made into an app.

So it sounds like you found an app, but it just didn't meet your standards?

I think Verizon gives you 14 days to return the iPhone 4S if you're not happy with it or you discover it doesn't offer functions that are most important to you. Did you know that the 4S doesn't support Flash video? It also doesn't have BBM or Google Maps text-to-speech navigation. It offers a lot, but it doesn't offer everything. No phone does.
    11-06-2011 12:19 PM
    So sell it and go back to your blackberry...nobody is twisting your arm to use the iPhone, and if it doesn't function how you want it to, why use it? I sure wouldn't use a phone that didn't do what i needed it to (cough, cough BB).
    11-06-2011 01:16 PM
    Alarm Clock Pro?

it has a digital display, and can be dimmed so the brightness doesn't bother your sleep. and it prevents itself from locking the screen so you will hear the alarm. it supports multiple alarms...and you only have to set it once.
    This is what I use every night too... I like the display and color/brightness options. I plug in my iPhone and turn this app on evey night...

Alarm Clock Pro
    tritan likes this.
    11-06-2011 05:29 PM
    whats the best alarm clock app
    11-06-2011 09:39 PM
    Alarm clock pro looks like a great app. Lots of positive reviews. Going to try the free version. What is the advantage of the paid version?
    11-09-2011 08:39 PM
    Alarm clock pro looks like a great app. Lots of positive reviews. Going to try the free version. What is the advantage of the paid version?
    Probably no ads... but might as well try the free version first
    11-09-2011 08:49 PM
    wow, I found a few other alarm clock apps. one that seems popular is night stand. Anybody use it?
    11-11-2011 04:02 PM
    wow, I found a few other alarm clock apps. one that seems popular is night stand. Anybody use it?
    i've used nightstand on my ipad....but very much prefer alarm clock pro to it because its more basic. the screen having more of a minimalistic display helps me get to sleep much easier. i haven't really tried nightstand's alarm features though....but i CAN tell you i have never slept through an alarm with alarm clock pro.
    11-11-2011 04:43 PM
    you can dim alarm clock pro correct?
    11-11-2011 05:22 PM
    Alarm Clock Pro?

Very very cool app!
    sbalchand likes this.
    11-12-2011 08:13 AM
    I've been using nightstand for a few months now and really like it. It has a ton of features and settings and allows for a real customized experience.
    11-12-2011 08:21 AM
    you can dim alarm clock pro correct?
    yes. just swipe up or down on the screen to adjust the brightness. i usually dim the iphone completely [in settings] before launching the app overnight.
    11-12-2011 04:08 PM
    I think another big benefit of the Bedside mode, on the BB, is the ability to turn off alerts when its plugged in. The only thing that sounds is the alarm, and the phone if you want.

I last two months, with the 4s, have been simply amazing. There will always be at least one feature that people hope for, no matter what side of the fence your on.

Thanks TiPb
    12-14-2011 01:42 PM
    Another vote for Alarm Clock Pro. I use it every night and it works great. It is able to get very dim.

yes. just swipe up or down on the screen to adjust the brightness. i usually dim the iphone completely [in settings] before launching the app overnight.
    Isn't swiping down in the app easier than going into the settings?
    12-14-2011 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD