Alarm clock app

durtress

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Just received i4s from VZW. Looking for clock app that behaves like BB bedside.

- Intgrated with native clock. Only want to set alarms once.
- Turn on/off when phone is plugged in for charging.
- Digital display.

Tried several from the app store but none are very good.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Just received i4s from VZW. Looking for clock app that behaves like BB bedside.

- Digital display.

your not going to find the same functionality as a bb like that with iPhone sorry... the built in alarm application you only have to set the alarm once....

SwsFoe

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
So far I am not impressed at all with the iPhone. All the bragging about apps for this and apps for that isn't true.

Maybe do research on such a significant purchase next time before you blindly buy based on what you hear. Make sure the device is right for you and has the functionality you desire. Just my 2 cents.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try the ihome app not sure if it turns on at charging or not but it has good alarm features ...

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

cotton

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Very simple thing to do with jailbreak. (Now i realize jailbreaking iOs5 isn't quite doable just yet, but have patience.) Use activator to start the app of your choice when charging.
Since I came from a bb too, this was one of the first things I tried to figure out how to get done.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
So far I am not impressed at all with the iPhone. All the bragging about apps for this and apps for that isn't true.

theres over 400 thosuand applications on the app store just because you cant find one that does something exactly like a blackberry doesnt mean that there isnt a app for that and a app for this.

Reactions: jakeless.123

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
There ARE alarm apps with similar functionality to the bedside mode. Just search through the app store and you will find one. Just set an alarm within the app, and change its settings so it wont let the screen time out. (Within the app itself) I know there is an application with this functionality. I've used it, I just can't recall the exact name.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If you find it let me know too. Only thing I miss from BB is the clock being displayed while in the charger

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Alarm Clock Pro?

it has a digital display, and can be dimmed so the brightness doesn't bother your sleep. and it prevents itself from locking the screen so you will hear the alarm. it supports multiple alarms...and you only have to set it once.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

You can set recurring alarms on the native clock. Once that is done, you obviously don't need to set it again. Why would you want another clock app to do this? Do you frequently set up recurring alarms?

- Digital display.
There must be dozens of apps that do this. I personally never understood why anyone would want their iPhone's screen to remain lit throughout the night to act as a clock, but...different strokes.

Seriously? A clock app that mimics exactly what a BB does is that important to you? "There's an app for that." is an advertising slogan. It is not meant to be true in a literal sense. Think about what that would mean if literally every function anyone could think of needed to be made into an app.

So it sounds like you found an app, but it just didn't meet your standards?

I think Verizon gives you 14 days to return the iPhone 4S if you're not happy with it or you discover it doesn't offer functions that are most important to you. Did you know that the 4S doesn't support Flash video? It also doesn't have BBM or Google Maps text-to-speech navigation. It offers a lot, but it doesn't offer everything. No phone does.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

So sell it and go back to your blackberry...nobody is twisting your arm to use the iPhone, and if it doesn't function how you want it to, why use it? I sure wouldn't use a phone that didn't do what i needed it to (cough, cough BB).

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Alarm Clock Pro?

it has a digital display, and can be dimmed so the brightness doesn't bother your sleep. and it prevents itself from locking the screen so you will hear the alarm. it supports multiple alarms...and you only have to set it once.

This is what I use every night too... I like the display and color/brightness options. I plug in my iPhone and turn this app on evey night...

[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alarm-clock-pro/id335678373?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Alarm Clock Pro[/URL]

Reactions: tritan

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
Alarm clock pro looks like a great app. Lots of positive reviews. Going to try the free version. What is the advantage of the paid version?

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
wow, I found a few other alarm clock apps. one that seems popular is [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nightstand-central-free-alarm/id358044367?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]night stand[/URL]. Anybody use it?

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
wow, I found a few other alarm clock apps. one that seems popular is [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nightstand-central-free-alarm/id358044367?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]night stand[/URL]. Anybody use it?
i've used nightstand on my ipad....but very much prefer alarm clock pro to it because its more basic. the screen having more of a minimalistic display helps me get to sleep much easier. i haven't really tried nightstand's alarm features though....but i CAN tell you i have never slept through an alarm with alarm clock pro.

juelz203

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Alarm Clock Pro?

Very very cool app!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73