Right now we switched over to gmail for our email (local Gov)..however it does not work so well on the iphone.
    Then I also have a second gmail on the phone that is hosted though gmail.

My question is there anything better then gmail?

Or what do others use?
    11-04-2011 01:36 PM
    Right now we switched over to gmail for our email (local Gov)..however it does not work so well on the iphone.

Or what do others use?
    Gmail works very well in the native mail app, and they now have their own app.

make sure you follow these instructions

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help
    11-04-2011 01:41 PM
    setup your gmail account as exchange using the server m.google.com

when set up as exchange the native application works awesome with gmail I think gmail is the best provider for the iPhone..
    11-04-2011 02:39 PM
    setup your gmail account as exchange using the server m.google.com

when set up as exchange the native application works awesome with gmail I think gmail is the best provider for the iPhone..
    I second that....set it up as an exchange and email is pushed instantly almost!
    11-04-2011 02:42 PM
    Gmail via microsoft exchange on iPhone native email app is the best...instant emails
    11-04-2011 03:08 PM
    Just remember the big issue with gmail as exchange - deleting emails in the Mail app will only "archive" the message (It will not go into the trash but will stay in the "All Mail" folder).

The best workaround people have come up with is to move messages to a new "folder" (labels on gmail) which you can then search for and actually delete when you're back on the desktop website.
    11-04-2011 03:35 PM
    I agree with gmail and exchange. That is how I have it setup. I checked out the gmail app, but really didn't like it as much as the native email. I did find out as well that it does archive mail when deleted from native mail app. Could there be a possible setting to delete in all mailboxes?
    11-05-2011 07:48 PM

Or what do others use?
    Others have made good suggestions but my question is a local government department is switching to gmail?

Not that I doubt gmail and security, but; I would think your agency would be concerned with this.

Just a thought.
    11-05-2011 09:00 PM
    Folks love to say that Yahoo mail is so yesterday but I've had zero problems syncing with my Nook Color, Touchpad, and now the 4S. It works perfectly.
    11-05-2011 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD