No wait on the 4s?

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Any idea when we can expect to start to see the iPhone 4s in stock in all apple or AT&T stores without having to worry about the inventory issues? I'm planning on picking up a 32gig in white on AT&T in about 3-4 weeks when my contract is eligible for renewal but I want to be able to just walk in to a store and get one without "waiting for shipment" once it's ordered.

Maybe since the holidays are coming we should expect to see plenty of inventory everywhere?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping as well, since on monday the 7th, I'm eligble to upgade (AT&T)..but dont know if I should order over the phone to ATT (611), order from a retail store, or order through APPL...

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing. Although, I'm not really big on ordering online or over the phone. Do I buy from an AT&T store or from an Apple store?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk on iOS 5.0

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Any idea when we can expect to start to see the iPhone 4s in stock in all apple or AT&T stores without having to worry about the inventory issues? I'm planning on picking up a 32gig in white on AT&T in about 3-4 weeks when my contract is eligible for renewal but I want to be able to just walk in to a store and get one without "waiting for shipment" once it's ordered.

Maybe since the holidays are coming we should expect to see plenty of inventory everywhere?
My friend went to the Apple Store just today and walked out with a 16GB AT&T, which we all know is the hardest to get out of the bunch, with no problem at all. Walked in around 11:30am and walked out less than an hour later. The worker at the store said they finally just got another shipment of AT&T phones and it was a decent supply. First time in a week that there was stock to supply walk-ins. 3-4 weeks from now I don't see you having a problem at all.

Last edited:

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I think it should be fairly easy to get one from an Apple store when you"re ready in three to four weeks.

After my experience, I will only buy my iPhones from an Apple store.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Check your renewal date. AT&T relaxed a bunch just yesterday. My date was Nov. 23, but today I can upgrade for the total subsidy price.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't think AT&T always holds you to the exact date. I'm yet to upgrade early (at full price anyways) but from what I'm told they let you have the discount as long as your in the month that your upgrade is in.

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Even if it is still in high demand...All you do is go on apples website reserve it at 9 Pm and they will have it for you the next day on reserve...Plain and simple. Never going to buy from the carrier again. Apple organized ten times better this year

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing. Although, I'm not really big on ordering online or over the phone. Do I buy from an AT&T store or from an Apple store?

I usually buy from the Apple Store. It's really just personal preferance, but I have noticed that it's quicker to get in and out of the apple store, and they have more stock most of the time.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I think having stock in demand is going to depend on your location. Our local AT&T store never even carried the iPhone3GS or iPhone4 because this is a low-income area. We purchased our 4Ss online through Apple's website on pre-order day and had no problems.

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Even if it is still in high demand...All you do is go on apples website reserve it at 9 Pm and they will have it for you the next day on reserve...Plain and simple. Never going to buy from the carrier again. Apple organized ten times better this year

How does that work? you just go on and reserve it after 9pm and give a deposit by credit card? or pay in full? then just go to pick it up the next day?
Is there a certain time you have to go to pick it up?

How do they do this? do they get shipments over night? Why do they make us wait till 9pm? why not 8pm? Just wondering how the process works.

wunhangios

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
How does that work? you just go on and reserve it after 9pm and give a deposit by credit card? or pay in full? then just go to pick it up the next day?
Is there a certain time you have to go to pick it up?

How do they do this? do they get shipments over night? Why do they make us wait till 9pm? why not 8pm? Just wondering how the process works.

You go onto the website. There will be an option to reserve the phone on the iPhone section of the website (Don't go thru the process of buying online). After the stores close at about 9 pm each day, they take inventory of what is left and/or what is coming in the next day. You can put a hold tied to your Apple ID/account. No payment until you go get it. The hold will last until 6 pm the next day after which it becomes fair game for walk-ins.

mayerr2

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

Remember that AT&T now has a new policy that allows you to become eligible on day 1 of the month your are up for renewal. You can probably get one now at the discounted price. A buddy of mine just picked one up at Best Buy with no problem. This was in New York City by the way. Good luck!!

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It would be best to order from the carrier's website.. It's gonna be late November before they get any more of them in.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious (for future reference): What are the processes of upgrading to the new iPhone at an Apple Store if qualified to upgrade?

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I just checked my local store from the app and they have them ALL in stock for the first time. Usually it says not available on all colors, capacity and carriers Good luck!

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
When I reserved my 32gig white earlier tonight, they had everything in stock except for the 64gig in white. Looks like they are all becoming more available.