Ok...Siri is a great concept and it's wonderful the 40% of the time that it can actually "connect to the network". What about the other 60%? I've tried using Siri on multiple occasions in different cities/ states only to hear the same response- "Sorry, I can't connect to the network right now". I'd rather have her say "Hey, go $&@? yourself, I'm busy." At least that would make me laugh.

Today was the last straw- I attempted to demonstrate the benefit of Siri to an Android using buddy of mine only to be laughed at when she couldn't connect...multiple times.

My 2 cents- Siri = Fail until it has reliable network connectivity and uptime greater than what it is now.
    11-03-2011 03:09 PM
    Not working in Cincinnati right now
    11-03-2011 03:20 PM
    A thought crossed my mind today when I got the "can't connect" response... What would 4s people do if Apple tanked Siri? Granted, there is zero chance. But what if they did?
    11-03-2011 03:20 PM
    My Siri isn't connecting either. I've tried several locations Wifi and 3G several miles apart.
    11-03-2011 03:24 PM
    My Siri isn't connecting either. I've tried several locations Wifi and 3G several miles apart.

Same here. Haven't been able to connect for about an hour.
    11-03-2011 04:19 PM
    Siri has "had trouble connecting to the network" since noon here! Philly Burbs
    11-03-2011 04:33 PM
    Siri has been unable to connect to the network for a couple of days here in L.A. At least she apologizes sometimes.
    11-03-2011 04:39 PM
    A thought crossed my mind today when I got the "can't connect" response... What would 4s people do if Apple tanked Siri? Granted, there is zero chance. But what if they did?

My guess is that a lot of people would "tank"their 4S and wait for the 5.
    11-03-2011 04:41 PM
    Siri has "had trouble connecting to the network" since noon here! Philly Burbs
    I live in the Burbs and Siri has been working fine for me all day.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    11-03-2011 04:49 PM
    I live in the Burbs and Siri has been working fine for me all day.

Click to view quoted image

Over the last 3 weeks, 98% of the time I have been able to connect to the network here in the NYC area-the city itself and the burbs.

I wonder for those of you having problems, does it make any difference which carrier you are on? or is it the location.

I have verizon.
    11-03-2011 04:53 PM
    Although I do like Siri and use it a lot during the day, I still love the new 4S and would keep it even without Siri.

Last edited by Irish Rose; 11-03-2011 at 04:58 PM.
    11-03-2011 04:53 PM
    Over the last 3 weeks, 98% of the time I have been able to connect to the network here in the NYC area-the city itself and the burbs.

I wonder for those of you having problems, does it make any difference which carrier you are on? or is it the location.

I have verizon.
    I am on AT&T and like you, Siri works just fine for me 98% of time.

Last edited by Irish Rose; 11-03-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    11-03-2011 04:55 PM
    Works ok for me here in Iowa.
    11-03-2011 04:57 PM
    Works fine for me now.....
    11-03-2011 05:34 PM
    Siri is down for me in upstate NY. Ou have to expect it to go down sometimes right now, it's only in beta. Once it's out of beta and the kinks are worked out of it, it'll go down much less. I'm just happy that the dictation app still works even when Siri is down.
    11-03-2011 05:35 PM

I have verizon.
    Valid question for sure. I'm on VZW. It hasn't worked in NJ, CO, IL, ND, SD or CA at various times over the past two weeks; via WiFi or 3G. Really bad today so I would assume that the problem is wide spread.

Really hope this is fixed soon...Siri is great when it's functional.
    11-03-2011 05:36 PM
    Just got my 4s today and Siri has only worked twice out of the multiple times I've tried to use her. I wonder if she's down today because a lot of people got their new iPhones today, today/tomorrow is 'ship by' date for a lot of phone. Lots of new phones getting powered up today I think.
    11-03-2011 06:36 PM
    Just got my 4s today and Siri has only worked twice out of the multiple times I've tried to use her. I wonder if she's down today because a lot of people got their new iPhones today, today/tomorrow is 'ship by' date for a lot of phone. Lots of new phones getting powered up today I think.
    This... stopped into the Apple Store because I was in the mall for something else and they had just gotten a shipment of AT&T phones so safe to say it was pretty crowded and a lot of activations were going on.
    11-03-2011 06:46 PM
    This... stopped into the Apple Store because I was in the mall for something else and they had just gotten a shipment of AT&T phones so safe to say it was pretty crowded and a lot of activations were going on.
    Yes, I made the mistake of going to my local Verizon store because my contacts wouldn't transfer over from my old Storm. They were packed, at 2pm on a Thursday. Seemed like everyone had an iPhone in their hand.
    11-03-2011 06:56 PM
    What I don't like is Siri has to connect to a network even to call a contact. Yet if I go to my phone app and hit the number I can call. It should be able to call a contact without connecting to a network
    Smlk likes this.
    11-03-2011 07:07 PM
    What I don't like is Siri has to connect to a network even to call a contact. Yet if I go to my phone app and hit the number I can call. It should be able to call a contact without connecting to a network
    I agree! Same thing for setting an alarm! Why should Siri have to contact anyone to set an alarm on my phone? This needs to be fixed!
    11-03-2011 11:44 PM
    I am really disappointed here. Siri was their big selling point on this phone, but I can't get access to the NETWORK.
    11-05-2011 09:16 PM
    I am really disappointed here. Siri was their big selling point on this phone, but I can't get access to the NETWORK.
    Hopefully iOS 5.0.1 will fix the issues that some people are having with Siri. I've been impressed with how well Siri works on my 4S so far.
    11-05-2011 10:20 PM
    Every time I tried to use it today (Saturday), it said that it could not connect to the network......lame!
    11-05-2011 10:48 PM
    Siri is still in beta! There are still bugs to work out. Once it's out of beta I'm sure it will be much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-06-2011 01:07 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD