Siri Network Fail

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok...Siri is a great concept and it's wonderful the 40% of the time that it can actually "connect to the network". What about the other 60%? I've tried using Siri on multiple occasions in different cities/ states only to hear the same response- "Sorry, I can't connect to the network right now". I'd rather have her say "Hey, go $&@? yourself, I'm busy." At least that would make me laugh.

Today was the last straw- I attempted to demonstrate the benefit of Siri to an Android using buddy of mine only to be laughed at when she couldn't connect...multiple times.

My 2 cents- Siri = Fail until it has reliable network connectivity and uptime greater than what it is now.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
A thought crossed my mind today when I got the "can't connect" response... What would 4s people do if Apple tanked Siri? Granted, there is zero chance. But what if they did?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Siri has been unable to connect to the network for a couple of days here in L.A. At least she apologizes sometimes. :p

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Siri has "had trouble connecting to the network" since noon here! Philly Burbs

I live in the Burbs and Siri has been working fine for me all day.

60e331a7-fe45-bbcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I live in the Burbs and Siri has been working fine for me all day.

Click to view quoted image

Over the last 3 weeks, 98% of the time I have been able to connect to the network here in the NYC area-the city itself and the burbs.

I wonder for those of you having problems, does it make any difference which carrier you are on? or is it the location.

I have verizon.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
A thought crossed my mind today when I got the "can't connect" response... What would 4s people do if Apple tanked Siri? Granted, there is zero chance. But what if they did?

Although I do like Siri and use it a lot during the day, I still love the new 4S and would keep it even without Siri.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Over the last 3 weeks, 98% of the time I have been able to connect to the network here in the NYC area-the city itself and the burbs.

I wonder for those of you having problems, does it make any difference which carrier you are on? or is it the location.

I have verizon.

I am on AT&T and like you, Siri works just fine for me 98% of time.

Last edited:

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Siri is down for me in upstate NY. Ou have to expect it to go down sometimes right now, it's only in beta. Once it's out of beta and the kinks are worked out of it, it'll go down much less. I'm just happy that the dictation app still works even when Siri is down.

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I have verizon.

Valid question for sure. I'm on VZW. It hasn't worked in NJ, CO, IL, ND, SD or CA at various times over the past two weeks; via WiFi or 3G. Really bad today so I would assume that the problem is wide spread.

Really hope this is fixed soon...Siri is great when it's functional.

anislandmom

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got my 4s today and Siri has only worked twice out of the multiple times I've tried to use her. I wonder if she's down today because a lot of people got their new iPhones today, today/tomorrow is 'ship by' date for a lot of phone. Lots of new phones getting powered up today I think.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Just got my 4s today and Siri has only worked twice out of the multiple times I've tried to use her. I wonder if she's down today because a lot of people got their new iPhones today, today/tomorrow is 'ship by' date for a lot of phone. Lots of new phones getting powered up today I think.
This... stopped into the Apple Store because I was in the mall for something else and they had just gotten a shipment of AT&T phones so safe to say it was pretty crowded and a lot of activations were going on.

anislandmom

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
This... stopped into the Apple Store because I was in the mall for something else and they had just gotten a shipment of AT&T phones so safe to say it was pretty crowded and a lot of activations were going on.
Yes, I made the mistake of going to my local Verizon store because my contacts wouldn't transfer over from my old Storm. They were packed, at 2pm on a Thursday. Seemed like everyone had an iPhone in their hand.

drew1964

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
What I don't like is Siri has to connect to a network even to call a contact. Yet if I go to my phone app and hit the number I can call. It should be able to call a contact without connecting to a network

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh