Getting my iphone shortly. Had a quick question bout notifications. Im coming from a palm pre that had a little led light that would flash when an email,text etc. would come in. I know the iphone camera flash will blink but that would mean I have to keep my phpone face down in order to see it. Is there some sort of setting that will wake up the screen temporairly every 10 minutes or so to remind you of the notifications or do I have to keep waking up the screen to see if I have anything?
    11-03-2011 12:18 PM
    Most notifications will wake the screen when they come in.
    myblackz28 likes this.
    11-03-2011 01:49 PM
    I also used to have a Pre, important tip: Accept that this phone is different and don't expect it to be like webOS.

If you have any problems, or questions about the transition, I'll be happy to help.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    myblackz28 likes this.
    11-03-2011 01:54 PM
    Most notifications will wake the screen when they come in.
    I understand that. But what happens if you dont see the screen when the notification comes in? Does the screen wake up again at certain time intervals?
    11-03-2011 01:56 PM
    I understand that. But what happens if you dont see the screen when the notification comes in? Does the screen wake up again at certain time intervals?
    No. Give it a couple days and you will be glad you're not constantly looking at a nearly blank phone waiting for a 'ping'. I hated this lack of a good feature for 24 hours, after 48 I felt a weight was lifted not always looking for a notification light instead of just waking the phone up.
    11-03-2011 02:01 PM
    I also used to have a Pre, important tip: Accept that this phone is different and don't expect it to be like webOS.

If you have any problems, or questions about the transition, I'll be happy to help.

Im expecting it to be alot smoother and quicker than my pre Is there some sort of memo app? Have a couple of memos on my pre I need to transfer.
    11-03-2011 02:08 PM
    on the blackberry for 6 years i was a slave to the "blinking light" now with my iphone 4s after 24 hrs i forgot about it lol. im no longer a slave to a blinking light nor looking at my phone all the time. on iphone you adapt and it just works
    11-03-2011 02:19 PM
    Im expecting it to be alot smoother and quicker than my pre Is there some sort of memo app? Have a couple of memos on my pre I need to transfer.
    Yeah, Notepad. More of the old style yellow notepad than the colored sticky notes in WebOS. Can't use colors to categorize but you have a search feature from the app and the spotlight (screen left of main spring board)

Edit: pic of Notepad.

Twitter / Cody Hahn: Snapshot of Notepad app in ...

Also note that creating a note for grocery list allows you to add items to the list via Siri!
    Last edited by hahn; 11-03-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    myblackz28 likes this.
    11-03-2011 02:36 PM
    Yes, it definitely had the Pre beat for smoothness. I pulled mine out, not long ago, to pull some music off of it.

As someone else said, the Notepad app is fantastic, the reminders one is also great.

11-03-2011 04:05 PM
    You'll miss how easy the Pre was to navigate via cards and gestures and the great notifications but you'll get smoothness and some nice apps. I still miss my Pre but I really like the 4S.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    11-03-2011 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD