What is the better insurance, VZW total coverage or Apple Care?
    11-03-2011 08:35 AM
    Apple Care does not cover loss or theft.
    11-03-2011 08:43 AM
    Normal Apple Care does not provide insurance. The new Apple Care+ does provide insurance against damage or loss with a $50 deductible (I think) and $99 up front charge. I think Verizon's has a monthly charge and then a pretty hefty deductible as well. Add up the costs and see which is cheaper.
    11-03-2011 08:57 AM
    I opted for AppleCare+ on my VZ 4S. It's really up to your discretion and how much punishment your wallet can take. Here's a breakdown :

AppleCare+ - $99 one time fee (extends coverage to 2 years) - $49 replacement (up to 2 incidents of accidental damage) - theft/loss not covered

VZW TEP - $0 one time fee - $10.87/mo ($260.88 per 2-year contract term)
    - $169-$199 replacement fee (up to 2 incidents per 12 months) - includes theft/loss.

The VZ coverage will cost significantly more than AppleCare+ over the life of your contract, but will keep you safe from loss/theft (with ~$200 dedictible depending on your model).

Answers to FAQs about equipment insurance
    11-03-2011 09:18 AM
    The only reasons to buy Verizon's insurance over AppleCare+, is if A, you don't have the $99 to pay upfront. Or B, you really need to have insurance to cover Loss, or Theft. If you're not as worries about loss, or theft as you are damage protection, go for AppleCare+. Much cheaper in the long run.
    11-03-2011 10:38 AM
    And if you don't live close to an Apple store and would have to mail in your phone anyway, one more reason to use SquareTrade. Welcome to SquareTrade! - Referral Discounts | SquareTrade | SquareTrade Warranties By using that link, you get $5 off your warranty, and I earn $5, too. They just had a promotion for $89 for a two year warranty on the iPhone 4s. I warranty all my gadgets through them.
    11-03-2011 11:03 AM
    Normal Apple Care does not provide insurance. The new Apple Care+ does provide insurance against damage or loss with a $50 deductible (I think) and $99 up front charge. I think Verizon's has a monthly charge and then a pretty hefty deductible as well. Add up the costs and see which is cheaper.
    Not loss, JUST accidental damage.
    11-03-2011 11:30 AM
    I got Applecare+ for my 4S instead of asurion through verizon. I don't really have to worry about loss or theft so it was a great choice for me. Plus you can't beat the price for Applecare+
    11-03-2011 12:27 PM
    As someone who just had her iPhone4 stolen a month ago, and who did NOT have isurance, just applecare and squaretrade...It's worth the cost.
    11-03-2011 01:31 PM
    Loss/theft is not covered...
    11-03-2011 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD