[RESOLVED] Siri Going Nuts, Can't Use Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcalkins1356

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Re: Siri Going Nuts, Can't Use Phone

Thank you so very much!!!!!! My son had the same issue! Thank goodness I found this and was able to fix his issue!!!!!

diamondrl

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site

This happened with my iPhone 6 se. The voiceover shortcut had been turned on. 3 quick taps on the home key turned it off and I was able to sign in and turn off the voiceover shortcut off. Settings-General-Accessibility-Accessibility Shortcuts - voiceover off

Lisa Marie Burns

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL For Your comments/advice/suggestions about this particular problem!! My son somehow put his phone on "Voice Over" without realizing it (or even knowing HOW he did it?!) about 2-3 weeks ago,- and I've been literately Racking my brain to figure out what's wrong it the entire time!! I finally "Googled" it today (I Don't know WHY I Didn't think of certain before now,- unless I did But it took me too these comments. After several "

kbphoto

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site

Thank you for this thread. I was traveling in Bhutan when my iPhone 7 started doing this after I put in a local sim. I quickly switched back to my US sim and did "something" to make it work again. I'm on my way home and landed in Qatar and it suddenly started again. I haven't used the phone in 24 hours and scoured the internet for hours. I turned the phone off and on (using the hard buttons) multiple times, plugged into my mac, and said a lot of foul language. I could not even enter my password to get into the phone and got systematically locked out for minutes at a time. I was worried all my photos from the trip would be lost with a hard reset. This thread has been amazing!.
For what it is worth, someone about said tap the home key 2-3 times. I tapped 3 times, and VOILA!. My settings for accessibility were normal when I entered the settings after all this.
BOTTOM LINE- Try tapping home key 3 times before going crazy. Simple and quick to try.
Thank you again.

chill1117

Jan 9, 2018
Visit site

HI! My phone is doing exactly what everyone is saying but I can not get passed the password! I am touching/pressing the home key 3 times and I can not get it off this strange Siri. Please help!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL For Your comments/advice/suggestions about this particular problem!! My son somehow put his phone on "Voice Over" without realizing it (or even knowing HOW he did it?!) about 2-3 weeks ago,- and I've been literately Racking my brain to figure out what's wrong it the entire time!! I finally "Googled" it today (I Don't know WHY I Didn't think of certain before now,- unless I did But it took me too these comments. After several "

chill1117

Jan 9, 2018
Visit site

HI! My phone is doing exactly what everyone is saying but I can not get passed the password! I am touching/pressing the home key 3 times and I can not get it off this strange Siri. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods