I think the notification bar is useless. Or at least I don't find a use for it. It does get in the way sometimes when I m trying to touch the top portion of the screen and it tries to open the notification screen. Is there any way to freeze it or keep it from opening?
    11-02-2011 03:25 AM
    Sure, go to Settings > Notifications

Then, select your apps one by one, and choose the notification style "Alerts" instead of "Banners".

This way, you will receive your notifications like the iOS 4 and earlier.

Of course you can still swipe down to see all your notifications in the notification drawer.
    11-02-2011 05:51 AM
    I think the notification bar is useless. Or at least I don't find a use for it. It does get in the way sometimes when I m trying to touch the top portion of the screen and it tries to open the notification screen. Is there any way to freeze it or keep it from opening?
    Just out of curiosity...besides some random game on the iPhone, what would be causing you to unintentionally pull down the notification screen? I've used my iPhone for pretty much every function possible, including playing tons of games between me and my family and people at work that just want to tinker with it...and not once has anyone "accidentally" pulled down the notification screen...just makes me curious what function you'd be using with any regularity that would cause this to be a "problem" for you.
    11-02-2011 07:21 AM
    I would think just turning off the notifications for each app would help.
    11-02-2011 08:51 AM
    If you want to dismiss the banner before it automatically goes away, just touch it and drag it down a little, then let go. It'll snap up and disappear.
    11-02-2011 08:57 AM
    If you want to dismiss the banner before it automatically goes away, just touch it and drag it down a little, then let go. It'll snap up and disappear.
    Thank you.
    11-02-2011 09:02 AM
    You can actually just swipe left on the bar and it'll go away too...
    11-02-2011 10:05 AM
    I think the op wants to turn off the notification center drawer.... and I dont think that can be done..
    11-02-2011 12:37 PM
    Yeah mainly just get rid of the bar completely. Ive already turned all the notifications off. Just don't find a use for it and now want to get rid of it completely
    11-02-2011 12:43 PM
    There's a huge terminology difference between what you are saying and what you are wanting...what you are asking is easily solved by turning off the notifications, what you are wanting to say is not possible at this time because you can't turn off the notification tray as it is part of the menu screen...not an "addition" per say.
    11-02-2011 01:28 PM
    11-02-2011 01:44 PM
    Using the Brushes app pulls down the notification bar ALL the time. Trying to scroll to the top of the feed in vine or Facebook pull the notification bar down. Jumping in temple run will sometimes bring the notification bar down.
    06-19-2013 06:15 AM
    Using the Brushes app pulls down the notification bar ALL the time. Trying to scroll to the top of the feed in vine or Facebook pull the notification bar down. Jumping in temple run will sometimes bring the notification bar down.
    Okay....the point of your post is what?
    06-19-2013 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD