My 4S does the same thing and I can't blame it on Siri, Bluetooth, etc. Frustrating as hell. My solution might be the new OS or a new phone
    09-11-2013 08:04 AM
    I had the same problem where if i was using the phone it would go off but if it the screen went "to sleep" It wouldnt go off BUT I
    FINALLY found how to fix it!
    I hope its not too late and some of you can check and maybe fix it..
    If you have a half moon on the top by your battery then I can fix it for you
    Go to
    Settings> Do Not Disturb>
    and clock the first one Manual it shuts off calls and alerts when your sceen is sleeping!
    I literally just got this phone 5 hours ago and was so annoyed that it wouldn't work so i was messing around with it for so long and for some reason went into the do not disturbe didnt even think it would fix anything but do that and its back to normal!!!
    09-20-2013 07:21 PM
    Mine does the same thing...Wouldn't ring just vibrates. I turned it off and back on and it still does the same. Was ringing fine until the upgrade
    09-28-2013 05:02 PM
    My 4S stopped ringing occasionally after iOS7 as well..
    10-01-2013 10:16 PM
    In my case, the "Do not disturb" function was on. You will notice if yours is on if there is a half moon on the top of your screen. I had to disable that. Then, I had to turn the phone off and on again. Only then it starts ringing again. It took me a long time to find that out. This what happens when I let my 4 years old play some games in my iPhone. Hope you already sorted that out.
    01-17-2014 02:26 AM
    OMG! I've been so mad at missing all these calls and wondered what was going on - it never occured to me to check that half moon (I'm blonde so I assumed the phone had some way of knowing of recognizing waning moon or whatever ) That's a charm solution - thank you! I never tirned that on, so it must have come with an update - darn apple grrr
    01-31-2014 05:04 AM
    OMG! I've been so mad at missing all these calls and wondered what was going on - it never occured to me to check that half moon (I'm blonde so I assumed the phone had some way of knowing of recognizing waning moon or whatever ) That's a charm solution - thank you! I never tirned that on, so it must have come with an update - darn apple grrr
    Lol, welcome to IMore.
    01-31-2014 05:18 AM
    Thank you! Just bought my iphone ten days ago and I appreciate your help.
    03-03-2014 12:57 AM
    I ve had the phone since since 01/18/2015 and and somehow the mute switch has self activated leaving me with missed calls.
    01-20-2015 10:25 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD