Iphone 4s battery life fix

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
So lets all buy the latest and greatest phone and turn everything off.....awesome!

Yeah, i agree. That is absolutely ridiculous. I barely use Siri (mainly just for fun), and haven't really noticed any speed difference between the 4 and 4s. I guess i upgraded for the better camera :::sigh:::

I would really like to have push mail, and the weather widget on, but apparently it is killing my battery. Next i'll find out that making phone calls and sending texts are the main culprit for rapid battery drain and will be told to turn those features off as well.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It is frustrating turning features off. The way I see it is I got the phone so I could have these great features and use all the apps. If I have to charge every day, so be it. I like having GPS on because it enhances my experience, so I don't want to turn it off. Hopefully a fix comes soon, but if not I'm okay charging daily.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
It is frustrating turning features off. The way I see it is I got the phone so I could have these great features and use all the apps. If I have to charge every day, so be it. I like having GPS on because it enhances my experience, so I don't want to turn it off. Hopefully a fix comes soon, but if not I'm okay charging daily.

agreed...i wish i can use more stuff and have stuff ON. im thinking of wiping my iphone and setting everything up again. if that doesnt change...ill stop by at apple store this weekend..who knows maybe i have a bad phone. im gonna trust apple for now and wait for an update that will fix this. from their previous years they have always come through. and coming from a blackberry..i totally love my iphone

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
This is a place where common sense should prevail. If you something something that uses juice then yes your battery will run down faster. What I'm doing is turning off what I don't use. I certainly don't need a time zone search so it's off. There's other things in the system settings I also keep off, but if something is useful and has value, it gets turned on. There's no sense in having a phone of this caliber if I don't use what I want or need to use.
I unplugged my phone from the charger last night and have not done anything with it since. In 11 hours I used 4% of my juice on strict standby.I'm sure it'll drain like the gas tank in a rusty Ford as I use it during the day, but even that has slowed down somewhat since deactivating the time zone setting. Meanwhile I follow the recommendation of plugging it in when I can. One of the things I hated about my Droid was it's high usage of juice compounded by the short general life of the battery. After about 16 months I found myself on my 3rd battery with the droid. One the other hand after 9 months of using my iPad Classic, the battery seems to be as good as the day I bought it. I guess if I get desperate for more battery life for my phone, I can always get a extended battery case for it.

skyscraper04

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
my iphone 4s is a lot better battery life than any phone that i had.i have android and blackberry phone prior to the 4s and i can go 1 day with heavy use without charging.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The true fix is iOS 5.0.1. Yes better has improved as Apple stated in the release note. Hopefully it gets released sooner than the few weeks they stated.

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Will turning off the Time Zone setting mess with daylight savings? I don't travel at all so, outside of daylight savings, i have no need for it to be on.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Will turning off the Time Zone setting mess with daylight savings? I don't travel at all so, outside of daylight savings, i have no need for it to be on.

it wont. thats for when u leave ur time zone. ur daylight savings time is all set by ur carrier. remember your phone is connected to ur carrier service. when they change their time..your phone automatically picks it up. correct me if im wrong.....

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i have all those on... and i dont have this "battery" issue that everyone talks about. Its odd that some would have it and others not?? its all the same phone/os....

I can go all day.. watch 2 netflix movies, a few games, texts, emails, web etc... and still have 30-40%

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
i have all those on... and i dont have this "battery" issue that everyone talks about. Its odd that some would have it and others not?? its all the same phone/os....

I can go all day.. watch 2 netflix movies, a few games, texts, emails, web etc... and still have 30-40%

consider yourself lucky then. cuz there is a problem and apple knows it. thats why they said it and new update coming soon. :)

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I do :) lol - my wifes phone also has no issues.

or.. maybe it really is bad and i was just so used to my BB Storm2 that this seems good!?? lol

mister23

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that are using Magellan for a GPS program on your 4s be sure to turn off the TRAFFIC setting in Location Services->System Services. I found turning that off when I am not using the GPS program is a big battery saver.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I said this elsewhere, but I found my battery life drastically improve by turning off push mail. I've turned off location services for social networks, turned off the stock ticker, and turned off usage and diagnostics, but when I turned off push mail, the battery life became much better.

i also read that if you turn the device completely OFF you save a **** ton of battery too

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods