Back cover replacement

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya the back is easy lets talk the screen :/ 27 screws lol not too bad thou it can be done

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I kinda ramble ,

Someone stated that the iPhone 4 Verizon back fits the 4S , if this is true , we know for a fact that the iPhone 4 AT&T back doesn't fit the iPhone 4 Verizon
Based on this information any AT&T backing will not fit any 4S remember all 4S are the same regardless of carrier ...

I will put a end to all this .. I'll take the back off my 4S ... And see if my Verizon iPhone 4 original back works .. Then I will try to put a after market AT&T on my 4S
I will let you know why or why not with pics

No worries..

That would be awesome.. but after seeing the post above that CNN now offers 4s cases.. it would still be interesting to know what IP4 back covers fit the 4s phones.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
CNN.cn seems to have back covers for the 4S now, i just ordered one i will post pictures once i receive it

well that wont be for a couple of weeks.. :eek: since it takes about that long for them to ship from China.. but regardless, looking forward to the review once you do get it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I did it
Took back off my 4S

AT&T iPhone 4 back ... No

Verizon iPhone 4 back ... Yes

An of course pics to support my evidence

AT&T iPhone back is in black 4s in white ... Left hand clips don't match ... No go

V 4 in white 4s on left (under the 4 ) white clips line up very top clip is shaped a lil diff but attaches fine .. Yes

The last pic is just the diff between the 4 in white and 4S in white

So looks like Previous statement is confirmed Only Verizon iPhone 4 backs will fit the 4S

Reactions: E_Brown

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I did it
Took back off my 4S

AT&T iPhone 4 back ... No

Verizon iPhone 4 back ... Yes

An of course pics to support my evidence

AT&T iPhone back is in black 4s in white ... Left hand clips don't match ... No go

V 4 in white 4s on left (under the 4 ) white clips line up very top clip is shaped a lil diff but attaches fine .. Yes

The last pic is just the diff between the 4 in white and 4S in white

So looks like Previous statement is confirmed Only Verizon iPhone 4 backs will fit the 4S

Awesome work. Thanks for the info.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Very cool indeed.. now we can all go out and buy VIP4 back covers for our ATT IP4S... Yipeee!

now the tough choice.. what color(s) to get? Ha!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
So I have an unrelated question.. if you can take off the back cover, why is it that you can't replace the battery as well? It seems that all I've read indicates that you cant' replace the IP4s battery...:confused: or at least buy a spare.. seems pulling two screws out to replace your battery isn't that big of a deal?

iPhone 4S Battery - iPhone4Parts.com

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So I have an unrelated question.. if you can take off the back cover, why is it that you can't replace the battery as well? It seems that all I've read indicates that you cant' replace the IP4s battery...:confused: or at least buy a spare.. seems pulling two screws out to replace your battery isn't that big of a deal?

You most def can its not the screws that are a pain really its the glue under the battery lol

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
You most def can its not the screws that are a pain really its the glue under the battery lol

Interesting.. thanks for that tid-bit of information. wonder if they use 'gorilla glue' to go along with their 'gorilla glass'... lol...

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

You absolutely can change the battery in any of the iPhones -- just that Apple does not officially support that and you likely void your warranty (if you let them know ;) )

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Interesting.. thanks for that tid-bit of information. wonder if they use 'gorilla glue' to go along with their 'gorilla glass'... lol...

Hahaha I wouldn't be surprised there's been some that I snapped two pry tools trying to get it out ...
They swear like its gonna go anywhere .. There's no room for it too lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73